Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received this month's box last week, I'm ready to begin my wishlist for next month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping for...another brush, and some non red or coral lipstick. I'd really like one of their long wear lipsticks in a dark neutral plum or mauve. 

I don't even know any more! I think I'm going to throw in with the plum crowd, especially if blush is involved.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received this month's box last week, I'm ready to begin my wishlist for next month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping for...another brush, and some non red or coral lipstick. I'd really like one of their long wear lipsticks in a dark neutral plum or mauve. 
I am SO TIRED of coral/orange lipstick. I have received one or two in each sub for the past two months. I am drowning in it!

Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am SO TIRED of coral/orange lipstick. I have received one or two in each sub for the past two months. I am drowning in it!
Me too! My last mystery box from Starlooks had a coral lippy in it as well. Aaagh. I cannot wear coral or orange.  Everything I've been sent this summer has been coral, orange, or peach toned, all which look awful on my pale complexion w/ high red. 

I don't know if it is just me or what but I have the Dec 15 shade eye shadow......I also have the one from julys box.....I tested them and the Dec shadows are much more pigmented.....do you think the formula has changed ?  

I am going to try it one more month then if I am not just in love then I am thinking about trying out the new elf bundle....

Looksbook is up!  It's a Special Edition box curated by Natalie Corona (honestly, I've never heard of her). The theme is....

Mermaids!

(well, if the Looksbook is any indication)  If we get any of the gorgeous eye pigments in the green/blue/purple colors, I'll be overjoyed!

http://looksbook.starlooks.com/#683

UPDATES!

bud.gif

and I am LOVING the Looks Book this month! OMG! Cannot wait! Especially if it's a mermaid theme!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UPDATES!

bud.gif

and I am LOVING the Looks Book this month! OMG! Cannot wait! Especially if it's a mermaid theme!
haha, I'm sure it will be, since I canceled this month and that is a theme (and color family) I was dying for! You guys are pretty much guaranteed to get it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, hot damn!  I don't know how long I've been wanting a box with this very theme.  The company doesn't matter.  Certain elements that need to be present in order to properly represent the theme do.  I know I've said it multiple times in various places.  I didn't think it would actually happen!  And the July box sent me on a shimmery earth tone kick, so I just pulled all of my bright colors out of my rotation box and switched over to earthy shimmers and duochromes (heavy on the GDE pigments) that will go with that palette, which means I will be oh so very ready for this theme when the boxes ship out.  I have high hopes for this one after the last curated box they did.  I loved it, and it was actually what got me to sign up in the first place!  

Oooh! I love all the eye pigments, and at least the lip isn't coral! it's brighter than i'd normally wear, but not a bad thing. Can't wait to see this box!

HOORAY FOR MERMAIDS!!!  I've been dying for some purples, blues, & greens. . . .& GLITTERIZED!!!  So do you think it will be the pigment powders?  or maybe some of the Glitter Glam?  I'd love BOTH!!!

(I am seeing a lot of yellow too, so I'm secretly hoping for NO YELLOW in the boxes since we need some COOL colors.)

mat.gif
 (We need a mermaid smiley)

This look is my fave out of all the pics.

I like that the lip is a bit more neutral, and I love the eye colors:

OMG! So excited for this!! 
yey.gif

I almost cancelled, not because I didn't like what I got but due to financial reasons, but Starlooks charged me for August before I got around to it. SO glad they were prompt with their billing or I might have missed this theme! 

Ugh I resubbed because I am a sucker for anything mermaid and now I am officially broke for the month. Bummer. Good thing my fiance got a higher paying job so he can deal with everything that isn't billed on the 1st haha

Back