Skincare product questions.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As of right now, the only real "skincare" product I use is the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Detox cleanser, but I really want to expand my horizon. I've found products that will be great for my skin, but the issue I'm having is determining what to use for morning and night. I've been searching my favorite youtubers for their skincare routines, and all of them are doing different things!

What I was thinking of doing is using a cleanser and moisturizer in the morning before putting on my make-up,

and then at night: makeup remover wipes, cleanser, toner, and then moisturizer. Would this be a correct way to use the products, or should I also use a toner in the morning?

Also! Are you supposed to use different products from day in night? As in, I would use a cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and then different ones at night?

I'm new to all of this stuff, and I figured this would be the best place to ask since I'm not having much luck searching on my own. Thanks!

It depends on the results you're looking for and what skin issues you may have!
smile.gif
What type of skin (dry, oily, combo, etc) are you and what would you like to change about it (redness, moisturize more, blemish control, etc)?

Hello!

As CheshireCookie said, you have to tell us which type skin you have and what kind of results you are looking for. There are different skin care routines for different situations. But a normal routine is:

Morning: cleanser - toner - eye care - (concentrate serum based on the skin problems you have) - moisturizer - (sun cream) - makeup

Night: makeup remover - cleanser - toner - eye care - (facial mask) - (concentrate serum based on the skin problems you have) - moisturizer

() means this step you can skip.

Regarding different cleansers and moisturizers in the morning and at night, it depends on your skin. But if your skin is sensitive, I dont recommend you to do that. But if you need a deep cleanser and rich cream at night and a gentle cleanser and fresh face lotion in the morning, it is also very good. The most important thing is that you know what your skin needs.

Hope it helps.

My skin is really dry. No matter what type of make-up I put on, my face will become all flakey. I don't really have acne issues, but there will be some days where I wake up with a giant zit on my chin or something, hah. And my skin isn't sensitive. I basically just want routines that I can do in the morning and night that I can stick to which aren't SO elaborate that I need to buy a bunch of products (broke college girl >.>), but enough that it will help with my dry skin.

Dry skin lacks oil so you need products that are hydrating.  Cream based cleansers are better for dry skin than gel cleansers as they foam and dry out the skin.  Some professional products (purchased through a esthetician or dermatologist) are formulated with a toner built in.  Also moisturizing products with hyaluronic acid instantly hydrates the skin.  The key to skin care is balance.  When your skin is unbalanced, it will do all sorts of things like break out.  

Are you looking for product recommendations?  I am a licensed esthetician.

Back