A natural beauty box recommendation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I was hoping for a natural beauty box recommendation because I'm having trouble deciding. I was looking for something that has bath & body, skincare, and cosmetics but natural products (doesn't have to be vegan or anything) but has deluxe/trial sized samples (more than 1 or 2 uses, aka not just foil packets). I am leaning more towards Yuzen but would love to hear any recommendations! Thanks so much everyone!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like Eco Emi, although they do include lifestyle/food items as well.  I've got reviews of them on my blog going back over a year, which should give you a good idea of the the sizes and types of items.

Thanks for the Eco Emi suggestion! It's hard to choose because a lot of "natural" boxes appear to focus on being eco friendly and/or vegan -- neither which I am really concerned about.

I also subscribe to Eco Emi and absolutely love my subscription! Since there isn't an industry-wide definition of what "natural" actually is, I find that it often goes hand-in-hand with vegan and eco-friendly products, even if vegan/eco-friendly isn't the primary focus. Eco Emi has great service, pretty nice sized products, and I have found a few new "must haves" from there....I would love to see what you come up with, though. I'm always open to new options :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have Yuzen, Eco Emi, and Blissmo right now.  My favorite is Yuzen.  Though the box is quarterly it is a great value and has products that I have always been pleased with.  

Eco Emi is also a lovely box.  It is a treat to receive each month.

Blissmo offers several choices of boxes.  Some are food oriented and some are beauty.  I had them for six months and am going to cancel after this month's box.  Their items were not as interesting or useful to me as the ones in the above boxes.  

I checked out Eco Emi and Goodebox -- they seem very similar...which do you guys like better and why? Also, I signed up for the waitlist for Yuzen! And thanks for letting me you know that you weren't that excited by Blissmo, it also helps knowing what's not worth checking out. Thanks for the suggestions!

I say, if you haven't already, look at the recent history of the different boxes and see what excites you. I love Goodebox. The box contents really vary from month to month which keeps things interesting, and at least one product in each box will become my new favorite thing. Lots of people like Eco-emi, but I'm never really thrilled by what they send out so I never subscribed. And I have seen comments here from people who tried Goodebox and were underwhelmed. So YMMV.

There's also Green Grab Bag, which generally looks just ok, but they do have a build-your-own-box option, which could be neat. And Kara's Way.

Good suggestion. I guess I'll wait a couple of months and see what each box is like. The last Eco Emi box really excited me but previous ones didn't. Goodebox's haven't excited me too much. Petite Vour is looking promising. I've heard about Green Grab Bag's build your own box and I think I want more of a surprise. And Kara's Way just restarted again from what I can tell from reviews so I'm cautious of them right now. Sorry it took so long to answer--I've been looking up every review I could find!

I have Eco-Emi and Green Grab Bag (not the build your own but the actual subscription box where they pick it all for you). I signed up for them at the same time (though have received one less of eco-emi than GGB, see below).

I have loved my GGB boxes! They seem to focus more on beauty products and Eco-emi has food and stuff included too. I have felt like GGB is a better value (much bigger samples, some full size products like a full size LVX brand nail polish last month, worth $16!). I am kind of annoyed by some of eco-emi's business practices, like they charge you, ultimately, for 2 months before you get your first box (even if you sign up weeks before that month's box ships) and I've noticed they delete critical comments from their facebook page, which is just sort of shady to me. I really wanted to love eco-emi but so far I'm just not feeling it. Couldn't be more happy with GGB though, and they have great CS to boot!

Quote: Originally Posted by Agona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I checked out Eco Emi and Goodebox -- they seem very similar...which do you guys like better and why? Also, I signed up for the waitlist for Yuzen! And thanks for letting me you know that you weren't that excited by Blissmo, it also helps knowing what's not worth checking out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes, I'm curious about these too.  Last time I looked into some of them they just seemed like a bunch of one time use packets.  I much prefer something I an give a good try and with easier use then a foil packet.  How do these compare on that?  Yuzen looks great, but is it pricier?  Are there discounts for that one?  

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I'm curious about these too.  Last time I looked into some of them they just seemed like a bunch of one time use packets.  I much prefer something I an give a good try and with easier use then a foil packet.  How do these compare on that?  Yuzen looks great, but is it pricier?  Are there discounts for that one?  

Yuzen is $33 quarterly, which makes it cheaper than Eco Emi or Goodebox. You definitely get multi-use, if not full-size, with Yuzen.

I got an email today from Green Grab Bag saying they are discontinuing their subscription service and the current box (just shipped yesterday) will be their last. They are continuing the build your own box, which I think could be nice now and then but like Agona said above part of the fun with subscriptions is the surprise element. I am super bummed about this development, but glad I have some ideas for replacements from everyone on this thread! Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yuzen is $33 quarterly, which makes it cheaper than Eco Emi or Goodebox. You definitely get multi-use, if not full-size, with Yuzen.

I've definitely been tempted by Yuzen.  Nice that you point out that the price seems higher, but in reality isn't, although I am assuming you get more in each quarterly box then in a monthly box as well.  

i've received 4 boxes from Yuzen and am very pleased with the variety and large sample sizes.  you can see my reviews and the products received on my blog - link in my signature below.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've definitely been tempted by Yuzen.  Nice that you point out that the price seems higher, but in reality isn't, although I am assuming you get more in each quarterly box then in a monthly box as well.  

Yuzen tends to send 8-10 products that are multi-use or full size, whereas Goodebox sends 6-8 products that range from foils to deluxe samples with the occasional full size. I've never subbed to the others, but Eco-Emi looks like it's mostly small samples and 5-7 per box.

I was on Yuzens wait list for four months and by then I didnt even bother, I had lost interest for something that only comes seasonaly. They dropped their monthly service for the quarterly. Its just too long wait for me between boxes,

Green Grab bag lets you choose your own package .

To tell the truth, Ive gottten plenty of lip product, skin and soap from Conscious box and Klutch along with food, snack and supplements to make me happy. From Conscious box and Klutch, Ive gotten Keeki, Pacifica and Black African soap and a few others, so many I cant remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck on Yuzen wait list, it took four months for me !   
icon_mad.gif
icon_evil.gif

I got an email from Yuzen saying they have subscriptions available now. I checked out what will be in the next box and am not going to sign up this time around (just not for me but I'm sure it would be a nice box for some).

Here's a link to the list if you want to take a look: http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/

Latest posts

Back