e.l.f. subscription box?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's another thread waaay down the page about it: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136398/e-l-f-beauty-bundle .

I got one pretty soon after it was first offered, and I did like it for the most part. Everything I got was relatively neutral and could be worn together without being clashy. I don't think I'd get a second one, but if you don't have much e.l.f. makeup and want to try it, it's a good deal. If you have a ton of e.l.f. stuff you're probably likely to get duplicates of stuff you already have.

Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's another thread waaay down the page about it: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136398/e-l-f-beauty-bundle .

I got one pretty soon after it was first offered, and I did like it for the most part. Everything I got was relatively neutral and could be worn together without being clashy. I don't think I'd get a second one, but if you don't have much e.l.f. makeup and want to try it, it's a good deal. If you have a ton of e.l.f. stuff you're probably likely to get duplicates of stuff you already have.
Good to know, thank you! I'll look on that thread...and might have to steer clear since I already have a lot of elf staples!

I didn't have any E.L.F. before my first bundle. I was amazed at all the items that were included and while some of them have small flaws such as the lip gloss is sticky and eyeshadows are a bit difficult to apply BUT would probably have worked out better if I had a Primer. I'm waiting for my first ever Primer to come in and I will try it again.  I loved, loved, loved the blush duo in this and the brushes (how awesome because I didn't have either item?) Mostly, I like that it's every other month and the amazing amount of products makes it well worth it!  It was like Christmas with digging through that black bag and bringing out item after item!

Good to know, thank you! I'll look on that thread...and might have to steer clear since I already have a lot of elf staples!
I'm curious I've never bought elf products, are they nice products? I noticed how inexpensive they were at target while I was waiting for an rx to get filled.

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious I've never bought elf products, are they nice products? I noticed how inexpensive they were at target while I was waiting for an rx to get filled.
Some are nice, some are just ok. The baked eyeshadow palette I got isn't great. It barely shows up. I like the other eyeshadows I have from them, though, especially if I use eyeshadow primer. The mascara is fine. Some of their lipglosses are super sticky, but the color is good. I really, really like the blush I got in my box from them. It's the e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in the color St. Lucia. I don't use bronzer, but I love the blush. Their products seem to be pretty hit or miss. The good thing is that they're cheap enough that if you hate them, it's not too big of a dent in your wallet.

Some are nice, some are just ok. The baked eyeshadow palette I got isn't great. It barely shows up. I like the other eyeshadows I have from them, though, especially if I use eyeshadow primer. The mascara is fine. Some of their lipglosses are super sticky, but the color is good. I really, really like the blush I got in my box from them. It's the e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in the color St. Lucia. I don't use bronzer, but I love the blush. Their products seem to be pretty hit or miss. The good thing is that they're cheap enough that if you hate them, it's not too big of a dent in your wallet.
Thx for the info!!!

You should be able to find a lot of good reviews on elf products - they are definitely hit or miss. I like there highlighting blush - it's a chunkier duper of NARS albatross. I also like the balm stains - not drying, good color, and it's in the jumbo crayon packaging. The eyeshadow primer is very effective in my opinion. Just as good as urban decay's primer potion in my experience. The HD setting powder is okay...not great, but it still works. The brow powder/was duo is amazing for $3!

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should be able to find a lot of good reviews on elf products - they are definitely hit or miss. I like there highlighting blush - it's a chunkier duper of NARS albatross. I also like the balm stains - not drying, good color, and it's in the jumbo crayon packaging. The eyeshadow primer is very effective in my opinion. Just as good as urban decay's primer potion in my experience. The HD setting powder is okay...not great, but it still works. The brow powder/was duo is amazing for $3!
I was curious about the lip crayons, I think I'll pick up one next target trip. Thx for all the great info. Funny how expensive some names are but if they get clearenced out they are priced to compare with elf. Last week lorac had a sale and they had a lip gloss pack for $10 with 5 in it, and a pack of eyeliners for $9 with 4 in it, and free shipping. That may even be less than elf. ;-)

I liked my first shipment quite a bit,especially the coordinated lipstick and gloss. I think this month is a send out month, feels like forever since my first box.

Hope you guys like this:)

0.jpg

Back