Quick Fix for Greasy Hair!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've all had those days when we woke up late for work, worked late last night and had every intention on taking a shower in the morning.
Well, mistakes happen!
If you have hair like mine, it doesn't take but a mere 24 hours before your hair is greasy and unpleasant looking.
Well, don't stress out because there's a quick, easy and cheap way to fix your greasy hair in just minutes!​
When people see you with greasy hair their immediate reaction is that you have poor hygiene and that's simply not the case.
While some of you may shower less than others, many of you simply hair oily hair.
This could be genetic, or it could be the result of your shampoo and conditioner.
Remember to change those out every 6 months.
Try new brands, try some with less protein and more hydration.
Typically in the winter you need hair product that contains more protein, while in the summer you need hair product that contains more hydration.
The weather truly plays a big role on your hair;
be sure to remember that!
[SIZE=medium]Step 1: BABY POWDER![/SIZE]

Who'da thunk it, right?
Baby powder works wonders.
Just watch.
20130725_113411-e1374767350864-225x300.jpg

[SIZE=medium]Step 2: Powder me up![/SIZE]​
You can apply the baby powder with your hand or with your brush.
I prefer to use my brush, because I believe that it get's down deep onto the scalp.
Either way, you're going to be brushing your hair so really it's your choice.
You'll just have to work it in a little bit more with your hand if that's the route you're going to take, because you need to cover the entire top of your head.
[SIZE=medium]Step 3: Brush yourself off and dry again![/SIZE]

I have above applied the baby powder to the top of my head and brushed through, getting all the powder onto my scalp and distributed evenly as much as I could.
Next, grab your blow dryer, put it on low and blow dry your hair using your fingers, or even your brush.
At this point, I prefer to use my fingers to comb through my hair.
Do this for a couple of seconds ,until the baby powder has magically disappeared and your hair returns to it's normal color.

[SIZE=medium]Results![/SIZE]
After doing this, my hair appears brighter, no visible grease, more smooth and healthy looking.
I'm ready for the day!​
This takes a total of 5 minutes, not even!
You might smell a little bit like baby powder so just throw on some perfume or smelly lotion and be on your way.
No one will ever know!​

<3 I use baby powder on my hair and <3 i never knew you could put baby powder on your brush and then brush your hair at the top of your head. <3 Thanks for the tip. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Penzees /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sometimes do this when I'm in a rush. Brilliant.
We all do, honey! It's the fastest and easiest way to get rid of that oily, greasy, disgusting hair at a very cheap price. Definitely recommending it to every girl out there.

I learned this from another girl a couple years ago. She told me about it and I was like HOW DO I NOT KNOW THIS!?
I've been doing it ever since lol It works wonders. I loooove it.

Originally Posted by MartinNathalie9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about Baptiste hair talc? Its not expensive and it makes your hair really soft!
I've never tried it personally. Once I found out about the baby powder trick, I've stuck with that.

Maybe I'll try that out sometime. If it works, that's awesome. It's all about saving money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Baptiste is goos, i really like dirty secret by rockaholic. It has a nicer smell to it

Back