Birchbox Man September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.birchbox.com/men/box/september-2013/september13box2 My husband is getting box 2 this month. I think he would have been happy with either of the lifestyle products featured in the video but got soooo nervous when I saw they were sending out linen scarves to the guys this month, eeekkk.So glad he lucked out and is not getting that!
Agreed! My husband is getting box 9 which has the leather passport holder. I think the dopp kit would have been more useful but at least it's not the linen scarf!! How is that a travel item anyway?

BB is driving me crazy! I gifted my husband a 3 month membership and got the first box in August. I kept trying to leave feedback for his August items but the page just kept saying "first box shipping soon" even though he received it weeks ago. On Aug 19, I emailed BB about the problem but it took them until today to fix the problem. I tried leaving feedback today but was not awarded any points. When I complained to BB, they replied, "Please know that receiving points for sample reviews occur between the 25th of the previous month through the 25th of the current month." Grrrrrrrr....

Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed! My husband is getting box 9 which has the leather passport holder. I think the dopp kit would have been more useful but at least it's not the linen scarf!! How is that a travel item anyway?
To keep warm on an airplane or during a safari?

My bf is getting the passport holder too. I wonder if he's getting the black one that's pictured, or if they're sending out both colors. The brown one looks nicer. I think it's a nice box this month. Way better than August.

I

BB is driving me crazy! I gifted my husband a 3 month membership and got the first box in August. I kept trying to leave feedback for his August items but the page just kept saying "first box shipping soon" even though he received it weeks ago. On Aug 19, I emailed BB about the problem but it took them until today to fix the problem. I tried leaving feedback today but was not awarded any points. When I complained to BB, they replied, "Please know that receiving points for sample reviews occur between the 25th of the previous month through the 25th of the current month." Grrrrrrrr....
i think you should call them.

Hubs is getting #9.  I hope against hope he doesn't get the city guide for Chicago.  LOL  The city guides seem like a cop-out.  He'll use everything else.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My bf got the city guide for...the city we live in. Thanks, BB?
Hmm...well...that's interesting. I guess that's better than getting one for a city you'll never visit. Maybe there are things you haven't explored. Or if you have friends come visit you could pass it along to them?

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm...well...that's interesting. I guess that's better than getting one for a city you'll never visit. Maybe there are things you haven't explored. Or if you have friends come visit you could pass it along to them?
I put it on my trade list. I did look through it, and while they had some good suggestions, there wasn't anything exciting or off the beaten path. It's very much geared towards the newest, hottest establishments of the moment, so I'm guessing the other guides will be the same.

My bf is getting box 10 which I am happy with and overall looking forward to. The only downside is I think we will get LA, where we have no plans to go anytime soon. Chicago is our city, and I'm curious if the guide knows something I don't! :rolleyes:

My husband got the dopp kit... and he immediately requested that I cancel, lol.  Goodbye Birchbox, hello Bespoke Post!

Originally Posted by Dakota750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband got the dopp kit... and he immediately requested that I cancel, lol.  Goodbye Birchbox, hello Bespoke Post!
My husband looooved the dopp kit! He was so excited and said it was one of his favorite lifestyle products he ever received (he has been a member for over a year)! Just shows how different everyone's tastes are. On another note, the facebook page is blowing up with people complaining about receiving the linen scarf, which i totally understand.

Did all of you receive the postcard about the free subscription to mens health? My husband did not receive it, and many people are writing on the facebook wall that they also did not receive. I already emailed CS about it

So- I signed my husband up for the Men's Health subscription and now he just got an email from the magazine welcoming him and also with a link to pay $10. What's up with that? I thought it was free!

Latest posts

Back