Filtered Reviews?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that their reviews don't always/never show up?  I reviewed the Dreams 2 in 1 a few days ago (when there were no other reviews) and now there are 6 reviews - none of them mine...  (I even tried logging out to make sure it wasnt just filtering out my own reviews when I was viewing it...)  I get my points, so I know the system is accepting my review - its interesting that they never actually appear though...

I guess its a good thing other review sites are available, because at this point, I basically don't trust Birchbox's published reviews/ratings... 

I think sometimes it takes awhile for reviews to be posted. And, yes, I've said products are shit (Kiehl's face something or other with a crap-ton of silicone) and they never posted my review. I think they pick and choose, even from the positive reviews, what they put on the website.

I usually don't write reviews on my sampled products, but last month I wrote a few on some products I bought from the shop.  I think peridotcricket is right.  I just checked and some of my reviews made it, but others didn't.  They were slow to post too - I had just assumed they weren't going up after a week or so.

It's our spam filter. Newer members posts may be held by the filter as spam which includes reviews, articles and galleries as well as posts in the main forums and/or groups. From time to time it happens to established members as well depending on what they post as a word they use may be among the filtered words. I don't have access to the filter so I don't know what the settings are or what the trigger words are.

Oh! I didn't mean reviews on makeup talk, I meant on the Birchbox site itself... Glad to hear it's not just me...

Ohhh! Yes! Birchbox filters their reviews to prevent some nasty ones. I remember a time when they didn't and people were REALLY nasty about some stuff so now it's filtered and reviewed.

Back