I need a good routine for soft skin.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am almost done with laser treatments and my face has never felt better.  Now I need any advice on a good daily morning and night routine.  Any product suggestions as well.  I know my face is combination and fair complexion. Also and advice on leg care for smooth flawless legs.

Wow, I almost feel like going off and getting lazer treatments!

Whoever did the treatments must have given you some advice on which products to use? My thoughts would be products for sensitive skin. I would stick exclusively to cruelty free products, they are generally better for your skin if they did not need to be tested on animals.

As for legs? Soap and glory exfoliator, body butter from either soap and glory or the body shop. If your legs are dry they will soak up water from the rest of your body, so remember for all over healthy skin, loads and loads of water.

Thanks Amanda.  They did suggest some products.  I Should have been more  explicit though.. Sorry.  I have not really used any makeup.  I was waiting for the hair removal to be done with.  Now I need a good morning and night routine for before makeup and removal for night etc. I want the beauty, but i want good skin too. 

I agree with drinking plenty of water, but I never thought about dry skin soaking up water!  Thanks for that.

I have a lot to learn about beauty and style, thats why i'm so excited about joining makeuptalk! 

I get my legs waxed.  Not so much anymore because after a while waxing results in peach fuzz growing back.  I use Aveeno Skin Relief Bath and Shower oil on my legs and arms where they get rough.  It's not greasy.  I also us AmLactin lotion on my legs and that keeps them soft.

I take off my makeup with cold cream.  I'm 50 and it's what I've been using since I was a kid.  It works so I stick with it.  Then I use an eye cream around the eyes (duh) and Alpha Hydrox lotion.  My skin is very dry so about half an hour later, I go pretty heavy on a thick, creamy moisturizer.  I have really nice skin lol and no wrinkles.

You're probably lots younger and combination skin doesn't need the heavy duty moisture but the Alpha Hydrox works wonders and you're never too young to start using that.

This is me on the left so you can see my skin...and lack of wrinkles for an old chick.  But that's from my mom...she didn't wrinkle until she was in her mid 60's.

Donna you look so young and you skin is lovely! 

As for leg wax.. I haven't got to that.  Still mastering shaving.  Is is painful only for the first few times then you get used to it? 

You do get used to it and they use a numbing spray kind of stuff.  I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt, it does, but it's once every 8 weeks so it's manageable and eventually you hardly have any hair on your legs.

7b.gif
 Your skin is AMAZING! Not only is it wrinkle free but radiant too. You are not old to begin with, but you definitely look way younger than your real age. Can you please tell me what eye cream you use? My mom's B-Day is coming up (I want to buy her skincare), and she is around your age with dry skin. Also, do you use sunscreen and if so what brand? TIA

Thank you so much for the info. I completely agree with you on the sunscreen (the worst is when it gets in your eyes - OUCH!) but I live in SoCal and it's a must out here. Anyways, I thought I put this deal up just in case others are interested. I was able to get the Benefiance eye cream($55), Red honey cake ($9.50), 5 piece gift set, 3 samples at checkout, and free shipping at sheseido.com

SCORE, I love getting a deal!
biggrin.gif

I really haven't found a good routine just yet ( I'm still going through my hoards of samples/gift sets) but I do love Lumene Deep Repairing Cream & Origins Drink it up mask. Both products even out my skin tone & leave my skin hydrated. I have also heard really great things about Paula's Choice skincare line but have yet to try it. I hope you find something that works for your skin and if you find something amazing, let us know
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back