Best Vanity and Lighting

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking if I really need a vanity.  I have room for one, but do most women really need one?  Any input is appretiated.

I think most women like to have them whether they need it or not. It's nice to have a special place that you can doll yourself up at. Some like to display their makeup, nail polishes,jewelry and etc. So if you have the room, I say why not- go for it. Enjoy!

i found 2 i like.  I think I want the side mirrors as opposed to a single mirror.  what do you think?

I love my dressing table. I feel so elegant getting ready for work in front of it. It took a while to find one -- after about 6 months, I found mine at PB Teen. I have just one mirror. I find myself using a lighted standing mirror with regular magnification on 1 side and 10x on the other for everything but drying my hair. I have lots of drawers in mine, including 3 for jewelry, and a cabinet. I use the storage for extras and my nail polish stash.

I like them all. The 3 mirrored vanities are very nice; they have a minimalist feel. I also like all the storage that's in the PBS Teen vanity. I guess it will depend on how much you have to house and what look you would like to create. Please post picture of the one you choose.

Here's mine..

You can't really see the legs but they are just thin and there is one drawer. It matches my bedroom set really well.

The bottom picture is the drawer.

I reorganized all of this lol.. doesn't look like this inside anymore.. but it does on the outside.

BTW, I got my off of amazon.com

I have very little to store right now, but i'm sure that will change as I find the things I need.  I started a shopping list of items from bobby pins to hair dryers etc.   There I things I don't even know i'll need yet..  I'm over whelmed, but i know there a basics ever woman should have on hand. 

I like both jenn's and amanda's!  I will let you know what I decide on.

Regardless of what style of vanity mirror you have, large or small, lighting is key. These are 2 examples of 3 mirror types that I use on a regular basis that have lighting around the mirror or vanity.
In this version, these types of mirrors use both cool and warm daylight corrected fluorescent tubes which you can use independently or together.

Everyone should apply their make-up under "Cool" daylight. As this matches the natural outside daylight. Applying make-up under "warm" daylight lighting will accentuate darker features, as it softens them, so you think you don't need much, or you use a darker colour palette. The warm and cool lights that we use in the trailers is because the make-up has to look a certain way under set lighting. We also have notes about post colour correction as it pertains to blue and green screen scenes, so we have to design (choose) colour palettes that work with that.

So glad I stumbled upon this I was just telling DH how I want one and asked him to make me one lol but I am thinking of checking some flea markets to see whats out there.

I'm deciding on what type of vanity to get. I found one I loved online but they stopped making it and I haven't found another I like as much yet. I'm thinking of designing my own with different pieces from IKEA.

I

I'm deciding on what type of vanity to get. I found one I loved online but they stopped making it and I haven't found another I like as much yet. I'm thinking of designing my own with different pieces from IKEA.
I found one online yesterday. All the parts are from IKEA. when we move I will build it. Right now I don't have the space. It came out to about 100 for all the different pieces.

I am still deciding and budgeting for a vanity.  I know I need lots of drawers though.  I want it to fit with the decor of my bedroom which is also being done by me.  I want a canopy bed but it my not be appropriate for my age (25).  So the bed , dresser and vanity will all be new.  Someone suggested a lingerie cabinet, but that seems unnecessary because I will have a dresser.

I found a desk off Craig's List and refinished it into a vanity any found the mirror at Goodwill. I loooove I! I had to add another light to the left of it though because the left side of my face was getting better lighting than the right.

Latest posts

Back