Dry area around nose.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody else happens to have a bit of a dry area near their nostrils where the nose meets the skin on your cheeks? The rest of my skin is soft it's just this part that is annoyingly dry no matter how many times I moisturise. It's a pain because my foundation tends to make it look even worse but I can't get rid of it. Thanks for any responses ♡

I have the same problem! I feel like no matter what I do my makeup ends up looking kind of cakey cus the skins dry. I found that I lotion with my regular lotion right out of the shower, right now is a mixture of the new clean and clear morning burst moisture gel and a bit of the clean and clear dual moisturizer. Then when I do my makeup I put a bit of the olay original active hydrating cream on super dry areas then follow up with a tiny bit of face primer if I feel it really needs it. Its not really helping with the constant dryness but its covering it for the most part at least. I would love to hear so tips or products to try out to get rid of annoying dry skin!

I used to have the same problem when I was younger, I found myself picking at the dry skin making it red and raw. I didn't quite know what to do, but something made me grab a jar of vaseline, I think because I had picked so much I needed to soothe the skin. I put the vaseline around my nose, right there in the crease one night and kept doing it just to soothe the area. Guess what? No more flakes! I also always used to have dry skin on the top of my nose and spent some time picking those little scales off too. So when I realized that the vaseline helped before I put it all over the nose.

I can't say what the problem was if it was some kind of skin allergy although I suspect it was, but the vaseline soothed it and in hindsight I realize that it probably locked in the moisture on my nose...

I also tried vaseline when i was a bit younger and it really made a difference in feel!  Don't put too much on though.

Latest posts

Back