What stores are you most excited for on Black Friday?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I know this is crazy early but I am already getting excited about Black Friday! What stores are you most excited to shop at this year? Do you shop online or in store? This will be the first year that I get to actually shop Black Friday at like 1 am so I am super excited. It can be any kind of store: whether it's Sephora or Forever 21 I want to hear about it! My last question: what stores have you gotten the best deals at in past years? I have heard that Bath and Body Works has crazy deals but I haven't experienced them yet... lol anyway I hope this isn't too early for everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to agree with iPretty, last year they had some awesome $10 BF specials. I hope the website works better this year it took abt an hour to load and check out since their servers were so busy. Target usually has some good stuff as well.

What does sephora usually do? I only started going to sephora about 2 years ago. I know. Late start. Hah I didn't grow up around makeup really. I usually will try fred Meyer, old navy, target.

Last year kohls had an awesome black Friday sale. I got king size fleece blankets for $15 each. Huge and soft and fluffy ahh. I just recently got more into makeup so I'm excited for sephoras black Friday.

Haha, I've already scoured last year's ads to get an idea of what each store will offer. I already made a list of each store with a tentative breakdown of what I plan to buy from that specific store (tentative because this year's specific sales haven't been released yet). I'm also already saving up and making sacrifices over the next three months to have the cash on hand for it!

Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I've already scoured last year's ads to get an idea of what each store will offer. I already made a list of each store with a tentative breakdown of what I plan to buy from that specific store (tentative because this year's specific sales haven't been released yet). I'm also already saving up and making sacrifices over the next three months to have the cash on hand for it!
Ooh do share!

Sephora.  That is all.  I already have my juice jar o' change gathering my pennies and quarters in preparation.  That jar is my Sephora Black Friday budget (I probably have $30 in there already).  My focus will be the $10 one-day deals that I'm hoping will return since they were fantastic assortments of products the last two years (stila palettes both years!).  I'll most likely hit the website for an order and then swing by the store at lunch or after work that day just because I can.

I'm also hoping for some neat special items (not sales.  I love limited edition stuff, especially around the holidays because I really don't celebrate them, and it's really depressing to see everyone around me getting excited for parties that I'm not going to, so fun eyeshadows, shower gels, and perfumes get me through that hard, hard chunk o' time) from Fortune Cookie Soap and Glamour Doll Eyes.  It's almost definitely not likely, but I can cross my fingers!

It's so funny great minds think alike i guess, I was just telling my husband yesterday that we have to start putting money aside for black Friday. Last year was our first and so much fun.I love Sephora, ulta and hoping mac has another online grey Friday like item this year. Also Terri the local boutiques they have unique items and great deals.!!!

Am I the only one who HATES crowded, noisy stores with a passion?
dong.gif
  I'd much rather stay home, spend a few dollars more, and shop at a later time when it isn't so crowded and crazy. I'm not antisocial by any means (I love shopping on normal days) but I can not stand overly crowded stores and all of the chaos that goes along with them on Black Friday; I dislike getting run over by baskets, and all of the pushy, rude people fighting over items.
mouthfight.gif
 Not my cup of tea! There have also been some pretty violent incidents that have happened the past few years in my city as well, so I prefer just to stay home. (Exciting, I know! 
wink.gif
 ) I've also worked retail management on Black Friday in the past, and it's ruined me for life haha! (My sweet cousin is the opposite of me though; she LOVES it! (I swear she gets high off of the adrenaline lol!) She starts plotting her shopping ages ahead of time, and even has spread sheets printed out for where she wants to go,what's on sale,etc! She also lives in a different state from me though lol.) 

I much prefer online shopping from the comfort of my home, with hot chocolate, and my pajamas! (It's always been my family's tradition to decorate on Black Friday as well, so I always look forward to staying in and decorating on that day! 
xmas.gif
  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I used to shop the Cyber Monday deals, but this year I'll be on the lookout for the ones that start on Friday instead. Last year the online deals were better on Friday than they were on Monday and I missed out a lot waiting for the sales to drop in prices...they didn't, like they had in a few previous years. Some websites seem to always offer great deals though: Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, Sephora, Overstock, Target, Barnes & Noble, Kohls, Petsmart, Ulta, Bed Bath & Beyond.... (The only stores that don't really offer online goodies that I feel I really miss out on are craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge. But to me, it's still worth it to avoid the in- store chaos. Since they normally put their Christmas stuff out early anyways, you can still get it early with coupons, and miss out on all the craziness on Black Friday!)  

@LydiaNichole Haha I'm like your cousin! But you're right about people getting so petty and vicious. One year a woman grabbed an item out of my mom's hands and my mom was so shocked that she made some comment to make the woman aware of how animalistic and classless it was. She said it felt so degrading that she has never done BF since. P.S. Thank you for your kind words on the other thread!

LydiaNicole.. I am the SAME way with crowds and sales. I just can't handle it. I *hate* massive sales at stores sometimes. For example when Victoria's Secret has the semi annual sale I hate it.. I just don't like rifling through bin after bin of oddly color things that won't fit me.

That being said ....I LOVE shopping online.. I have no problem going through webpage after webpage.

I didn't know sephora and ulta both had good sales for black Friday. I will definitely be doing the online portion of the sales and I may ask my mom to go with me (if she's off work) to the Sephora in the mall. Are your Sephora's in a mall setting? I wish mine was self standing, like our Ulta's.

So no.. I won't be doing any Black Friday shopping in the stores.. but I will do cyber Monday and black Friday online.

I'm also in the I hate shopping on Black Friday camp. There is no deal that could possibly happen to lure me out into all of that madness. I prefer to sit at home and shop the online sales and Amazon lightning deals. I genuinely can't deal with all of the people and the pushing and the all around crazy that comes with Black Friday. I definitely love deals and saving money, but apparently not that much. 

I used to avoid black friday like the plague, but now I have a system:

1. I plan out the stores I'm going to, so I don't just wander around the mall and it doesn't take 5 hours.

2. I listen to an audiobook or catch up on this american life on my ipod, so I can space out when I have to wait in line, and it isn't as loud and crazy.

3. I go around 8 in the morning, and so far it has worked.  I miss on a lot of the madness, since the crazy doorbuster deals are all gone and all the die hard people have gone home, and it's a weird lull between the next huge crowd.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used to avoid black friday like the plague, but now I have a system:

1. I plan out the stores I'm going to, so I don't just wander around the mall and it doesn't take 5 hours.

2. I listen to an audiobook or catch up on this american life on my ipod, so I can space out when I have to wait in line, and it isn't as loud and crazy.

3. I go around 8 in the morning, and so far it has worked.  I miss on a lot of the madness, since the crazy doorbuster deals are all gone and all the die hard people have gone home, and it's a weird lull between the next huge crowd.

That's a good plan.  I love This American Life!

That's a good plan.  I love This American Life!
In my opinion, there's no point in going out shopping on Black Friday without serious planning ahead of time. And I love This American Life too!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sephora.  That is all.  I already have my juice jar o' change gathering my pennies and quarters in preparation.  That jar is my Sephora Black Friday budget (I probably have $30 in there already).  My focus will be the $10 one-day deals that I'm hoping will return since they were fantastic assortments of products the last two years (stila palettes both years!).  I'll most likely hit the website for an order and then swing by the store at lunch or after work that day just because I can.

I'm also hoping for some neat special items (not sales.  I love limited edition stuff, especially around the holidays because I really don't celebrate them, and it's really depressing to see everyone around me getting excited for parties that I'm not going to, so fun eyeshadows, shower gels, and perfumes get me through that hard, hard chunk o' time) from Fortune Cookie Soap and Glamour Doll Eyes.  It's almost definitely not likely, but I can cross my fingers!

What are these $10 one-day deals I keep hearing about? I didn't even know Sephora did much for Black Friday. What type of things do they have good deals on? And what types of special items do you mean? Limited edition?

Quote: Originally Posted by princessmayhem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's so funny great minds think alike i guess, I was just telling my husband yesterday that we have to start putting money aside for black Friday. Last year was our first and so much fun.I love Sephora, ulta and hoping mac has another online grey Friday like item this year. Also Terri the local boutiques they have unique items and great deals.!!!
What type of deals does Ulta have?

Quote: Originally Posted by jordiemac3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are these $10 one-day deals I keep hearing about? I didn't even know Sephora did much for Black Friday. What type of things do they have good deals on? And what types of special items do you mean? Limited edition?

What type of deals does Ulta have?
Here was last year's black friday deals from Sephora:

(From: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/11/sephora-black-friday-2012-deals.html)

Back