Colour Analysis for Redheads

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to figure out the best colours for me lately, and classic colour analysis seems to assume redheads can only have a warm complexion.  I'm half Irish, and I have dark auburn hair reminiscent of Michelle Fairley's (Catelyn Stark on Game of Thrones).  However, my skin has very obvious pink undertones, although it's milky white.  I have dark hazel eyes.  What sort of colour palette would look good on me?  I tend to gravitate toward greens and blues, but I'm trying to add some other colours to my wardrobe.  Any ideas?

Color analysis is so tricky this video I think explains seasonal color analysis the best [VIDEO]

[/VIDEO] I'm a deep autumn so helpful Mod Edit - Please be sure to embed all videos as per our Terms of Service, thank you!

I wish I had that deep red, it's so pretty! I have a very orange-red, or light red some would say. (see my pics for an accurate portrayal =p )

I'm mostly Irish with some unknown - I am very pale, green eyes, and skin is cool-tone/pink.

Purple is stunning on redheads, as is any earth tone (this includes the obvious browns, greens-but also includes coppers and burnt orange-think fall colors!). And mixing a little gold into the equation-trust me-can glam up even a boring brown without being obnoxious. 

[some makeup tips - especially with the darker red hair- the eyes are a great place to insert colors that you might not wear on your body. Like, if you like hot pink but wearing a hot pink dress makes you look washed out, do a hot pink smoky eye! Just go for it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do so many bright looks, since I wear so little color (since I do not feel bright colors look good on me, personally). The possibilities are endless when you just let go and experiment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Need a baby step into color? Do a natural look, maybe a neutral smoky-esque eye and use gold in the inner corner of your eye and blend it out.
Or try a basic cat-eye liner, and then go right above the eyeliner with a color of your choice.
Just suggestions that have worked for people in the past :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ]

Just make sure that if you do a very colorful eye, your lips aren't too vibrant- unless you're going to a drag show or some other appropriate location to look a little out-there (which I love too, but everything has a time and a place and I'm assuming you want a wearable look).   

But back to fashion- I generally stick to darker colors (since my hair is so bright), but I think with darker hair deep reds, maroons, or black-lace-covered anything would look great! (and of course what I already mentioned before). And I think coral-pink colors look good on your type too.

Hope I helped a little =p

Back