Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you apply for the Ipsy and Benefit LashBash party? Which Stage did you enter at? Have you heard if you will get a kit? What are you doing at your party? 

Originally Posted by jessilng /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you apply for the Ipsy and Benefit LashBash party? Which Stage did you enter at? Have you heard if you will get a kit? What are you doing at your party? 
The website says they will announce who gets a kit on the 27th :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really hope that I get chosen to host a party. I was checking out some other picture entries on Instagram that had absolutely nothing to do with benefit, ipsy or eyelashes at all. So I really hope that they actually go through the entries and don't just choose winners at random(though they probably won't worth the amount of entries). It makes me upset when people go to such hard work to make a good entry but aren't chosen because there is an influx of nonsensical entries.

Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope that I get chosen to host a party. I was checking out some other picture entries on Instagram that had absolutely nothing to do with benefit, ipsy or eyelashes at all. So I really hope that they actually go through the entries and don't just choose winners at random(though they probably won't worth the amount of entries). It makes me upset when people go to such hard work to make a good entry but aren't chosen because there is an influx of nonsensical entries.
From the Terms & conditions of the contest:

4. JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each entry by Sponsors’ representatives:1st Round: 20% originality, 50% enthusiasm, 10% creativity, and 20% previous and current interaction with the ipsy brand (“First Round Judging Criteriaâ€). Judging will begin on August 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM PT. Sponsors’ representatives will score each First Round Entry based on the First Round Judging Criteria. The nine hundred eighty (980) entries that receive the highest scores will win. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules. 

I am not entirely sure what enthusiasm means in this case, but it would appear that they are doing more than a random selection of the photos.

Interaction with the Ipsy brand? My fingers are crossed. Looks like the majority of entrants posted selfies of themselves. The girl that did the pink Ipsy/Benefit themed nails will probably be picked. I just took a pic of my Benefit collection surrounded by streamers, candy, balloons, and a lit champagne candle. We'll see......... Good luck!

Good luck to all of you! I really hope they dont pick randomly cause I know some ladies are actually trying their best to win! I hope one of us MUT ladies win so we can see pictures!

I also took a picture of all of my benefit goodies with the background made out of a few of their makeup bags and I made a pretty catchy little saying. "I love Benefit with all of my heart, I've got blushes and stains, lipgloss galore, foundation, primer, gimme some more because I'll be the most fabulous host for sure."

Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also took a picture of all of my benefit goodies with the background made out of a few of their makeup bags and I made a pretty catchy little saying. "I love Benefit with all of my heart, I've got blushes and stains, lipgloss galore, foundation, primer, gimme some more because I'll be the most fabulous host for sure."
Haha, that is great! I hope you get picked, since you definitely put thought into it.

I was lazy and pulled the "i know a ton of celebrities who like makeup" card. but it's not really creative or original, so whomp whomp. I tried to position it that I wanted to host an instagram party and give the samples away on my instagram page :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I guess thats a wee bit original :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Call me bitter but I wasn't chosen, I saw a bunch of girls on Instagram saying that they won and most of their entry pictures are just selfies. Not very original, enthusiastic or creative to me... Oh well. This is why I never enter contests.

I was selected as well! So excited. I basically told them my life, that I'm a stay at home mom as are most of my friends and if they're not stay at home moms they work, go to school and parent and I'd like to throw a party for us all to relax. Our kids can play together and we can all play with makeup and have a good time. I guess they liked it cause I'm in!!!! I'm so happy I never win anything!

I didn't get selected...boo! Happy for everyone who did and excited to see what ya get in your party kits!!!

I was selected too! Super excited and yet sad for anyone who was not selected. Can't wait to see whats coming!

Originally Posted by RiRi38 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was selected to host a party too! OMG! I'm so excited! 
Holy Batgirl, me too!!  Right here in Gothem City (NYC).

Like Katie Danielle it was totally unexpected!!  I might have a scheduling conflict for Sept 21st and be in the middle of a training program in DC...  I will figure out another day to have the party or another way to have it on the 21st.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Somehow at least 9 gals will be introduced to REAL lashes!!  I'm going to have to break out my private stock of REAL mascara today and wear it in celebration!  "Beauty keep!  A round of mascaras for everyone!!" 

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy Batgirl, me too!!  Right here in Gothem City (NYC).

Like Katie Danielle it was totally unexpected!!  I might have a scheduling conflict for Sept 21st and be in the middle of a training program in DC...  I will figure out another day to have the party or another way to have it on the 21st.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Somehow at least 9 gals will be introduced to REAL lashes!!  I'm going to have to break out my private stock of REAL mascara today and wear it in celebration!  "Beauty keep!  A round of mascaras for everyone!!" 

ZoomButt.gif

Haha, as you can probably tell by my name, I live in pittsburgh, pa. The most recent batman movie was filmed here, it was awesome to see. Just had to throw that out there since you referenced batman :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so surprised I was picked :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> With my location, I'm usually the last to win anything but I got this <3 I don't use instagram, and just put a sentence for the entry but I guess they liked it. Whoever else won can you guys post when your kits get sent out? They said they should send us another email when it does not sure if that includes tracking info. Congrats to the rest of you who did as well!!

Latest posts

Back