New Polish Circular Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK...so the other circular nail polish swap is kind of dead and last I saw they were in the middle of a cycle of swaps (yes, I've been lurking). So I'm hoping to start up a new one for all us Insanely AWETASTICAL polish horders..um...I mean Collectors. I figure Nail Talk was a good place to post as it should receive more views...i.e. more participants, and it is related to nails.

How it works:

I will gather a list of people who want to participate and post the list here in this thread once we reach at least 10 people, and I will give a close date of approximately a week once that list is posted so any last minute sign-up can be added.I want to make sure we have at least 10 participating so we can have a good swap with lots of trades...it's just more fun! Please PM me to be added to the list. Names will appear in order of messages received.

Since I'm starting this I will pack up a box of pretties from my stash and send to the first person on the list with tracking. I will post a picture of what I put in the box.The first person (we will call them person A) will then go through the box, take what they want from it, add what they have and want to trade then post pictures of their taken and added items.So to protect privacy, person A will refer to our list of names or can PM me for person B's name and then PM them to get their address.I know it's an added step but some will be thankful to protect their privacy. This goes on until everyone has had a chance to make their swaps and the box makes it back to me to complete the circle.

General Rules:

I know there will be a lot of questions regarding fairness of trades as to polish brands/number of polishes. We are working on the honor system.You do participate at your own risk.

When you receive your box please document with two pictures minimum. One of taken Items, One of added items.(that also gets the rest of the participants hyped up for their impending box of goodies)

Please add at least the same number of items you took and be mindful of value (if you are trading a high end for a low end, be aware that some may see it as unfair,so use good judgement, maybe do a couple lower end for a high end). We certainly won't fault you if you want to add more, but we want a full box with a good variety to go to each participant.

You are not limited to only polishes, any nail care or nail art related item is welcome.

Polishes can be unused or gently used, what I mean by that is swatched/used once or twice, don't add any half used polishes from the 90's. Another judgement call here...think about what you want to find when you open the box up.

I do ask that each participant send with tracking. You can post it in the thread for all who want to track the movement of the pretties. Tracking only shows city and state, if it's a problem let the previous person know when you send your address to them.

Also, please package items properly. I understand sometimes the box may need to change because of the items in it, or damage to the box. If you do need to change packaging please repackage so everything makes it safely to the next in line.

Once you receive the box, please get it moving again within a week. Sometimes life happens, just let us know if something prevents timely shipping. 

Depending on interest we can make this an ongoing circular.

Let me know with a PM if you want in.

How coincidental is it that the other swap just opened up again?  I'm still in so it's all good.

Oh and how many people in the swap are you going to cap the number at?

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How coincidental is it that the other swap just opened up again?  I'm still in so it's all good.
Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh and how many people in the swap are you going to cap the number at?
 Too funny...nothing for a LOOOOONG time then they open again,lol.

I have 10 people signed up now so I will post that list of names today. I will also give a close date for sign ups. So the number of people isn't capped, just a minimum...but there will be a cut off date so that we can get started sooner than later 
smile.gif

Ok ladies...the list is here!

in the order of contact:

1.  acostakk

2.  nikkimouse

3.  DonnaD

4.  Pollysmom

5.  marilyn1908

6.  chrysalis101

7.  pinkgemini

8.  lovepink

9. princessmayhem

10. lissa1307 (box starter)

Sign-ups for round 1 will close on September 6th. So if anyone still wants to be added to our list for this round contact me with a PM before that date.

Participants will contact the person after them for their addy via PM..so # 1 will send to #2, #2 to #3 and so on until it makes it's way full circle back to me.

After September 6th no one else will be able to sign-up for this round, and on September 9th I will be mailing the starter box to #1, posting the picture of contents and the tracking number so everyone can follow the movements of the polish goodie box. This gives me a couple days to post the final list in case we get any more sign-ups, go through the stash, fill a box, and package it all up.

Please refer to original post for details and rules, or contact me.

ARE YOU ALL AS EXCITED AS I AM??!!??

UPDATED:

Ok ladies...the list is here!

in the order of contact:

1.  acostakk

2.  nikkimouse

3.  DonnaD

4.  Pollysmom

5.  marilyn1908

6.  chrysalis101

7.  pinkgemini

8.  lovepink

9. princessmayhem

10. Kristine Walker

11. lissa1307 (box starter)

Sign-ups for round 1 will close on September 6th. So if anyone still wants to be added to our list for this round contact me with a PM before that date.

Participants will contact the person after them for their addy via PM..so # 1 will send to #2, #2 to #3 and so on until it makes it's way full circle back to me.

After September 6th no one else will be able to sign-up for this round, and on September 9th I will be mailing the starter box to #1, posting the picture of contents and the tracking number so everyone can follow the movements of the polish goodie box. This gives me a couple days to post the final list in case we get any more sign-ups, go through the stash, fill a box, and package it all up.

Please refer to original post for details and rules, or contact me.

ARE YOU ALL AS EXCITED AS I AM??!!??

I've started sorting out for swapping, full sizes and minis, brand new to 2 uses only. Personally I like minis because I rarely use up a full sized. So exited!!!

Only 5 Days until sign-ups close for this round, and 8 days until the starter box is mailed! 

I've begun setting up the starter box...

There are multiple brands of polish, topcoat, base coat, art supplies, hand care items...and I'm not done yet!

I need a bigger box,lol

Latest posts

Back