Beautyfix soliciting???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I wanted to know if anyone else is getting random phone calls from 925-948-1070? I used to subscribe to beautyfix back when they had stila. now that they shut down, it seems like they are desperately trying to call old subscibers to enroll in the blush mystery box. I clearly said I am not interested and they repeatedly call my phone every few days, two to 3 times a day. I called dermstore's customer service and the person was rude and claims they would not call to solicit people. I called that number and a machine picked up and thanked me for my purchase and to leave my info if i wanted to be contacted. or I could unsubscribe from the phone, but that function wasn't working. I know its not just me who is getting these calls. Are any other former members experiencing this too?

Hey!

I'm not subscribed nor have I been, but I learned this working in college fundraising. The next time you get a call, tell the operator, politely "Please put me on your do not call list," in those exact terms, not just "don't call me." If they call you again, tell them "I have exercised my legal right to be put on the federal do not call list. Please do not call me again or I will file a complaint with the FCC."

I've never gotten a second call, but hopefully that'll help!

i was wondering what that number was! i've gotten two calls from them, missed both and no message was left so i wasn't sure who it was. i only subscribed to beautyfix for one box (using a promo to get a good deal). glad to know who it is, i will answer next time and ask that they add me to the do not call list. thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i was wondering what that number was! i've gotten two calls from them, missed both and no message was left so i wasn't sure who it was. i only subscribed to beautyfix for one box (using a promo to get a good deal). glad to know who it is, i will answer next time and ask that they add me to the do not call list. thanks for the tip!
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey!

I'm not subscribed nor have I been, but I learned this working in college fundraising. The next time you get a call, tell the operator, politely "Please put me on your do not call list," in those exact terms, not just "don't call me." If they call you again, tell them "I have exercised my legal right to be put on the federal do not call list. Please do not call me again or I will file a complaint with the FCC."

I've never gotten a second call, but hopefully that'll help!
I specifically asked for them not to call me again because I was not interested, and she said I would be taken off the list, so I took that as being off the list. I'm not sure what is exactly going on, but my concern is more with the dermstore operator claiming they do not do this. Maybe it was that she doesn't know, but she had no interest in finding out more about someone potentially using their company name to solicit information.  I am genuinely concerned that my information could have been leaked. 

I got calls from that number too- had no idea who it was so I never answered.  I signed up for Beautyfix the one time with promo code and before my next box all the changes occurred.  I was planning on cancelling, and then I figured I didn't need to anymore.  The calls are getting on my nerves, I have to say. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I did receive a call on Friday about that. I said I will check on it and she told me she'll call Monday. It totally slipped my mind and I now put my phone in silent mode. She left me a message she'll call me back today which never happened.

The name of the caller is Adrienne, Adrianne or something like that.

They called me 5 x in a row - even after I cussed and hung up on them. I finally talked to someone w/ a brain and haven't received anymore. 5 x in a row - seriously? I was pissed!

The called my husband's cell phone last Friday as well. He didn't know who it was but gave me the # and I called it back (after blocking my # of course) and found out it was Dermstore.

I have been following this thread, and had been a subscriber to Beautyfix, so I noted the number, 925-948-1070.  I received a call from that number this morning.  I did not answer.  They didn't leave a message.

The woman I talked to was trying to upsell me stuff. Said she could give me a deal on some extra product. I did not even ask. I was too  freaked out to even look into it. She called me at night , after 7 .  I told her I was going to check out the site myself. I saw comments on the site  and on here . I decided to  do a one time try. I was pleased with what I received for the most part.I do feel this is the wrong way to get customers to transition from Beautyfix. How about an e-mail or card in the mail instead?

So I got phone calls from this number too. I may have missed about 5 already in total. But the weird thing is that I have been getting phone calls from a blocked number for the past 3 nights. The first night I didn't even realize anyone called because I was taking a night walk. When I came back there were 5 missed calls back to back. Then more calls that night. Then random calls through the day, I'm not sure if its them or what???

It seems kinda weird that Beautyfix turned over their entire subscriber list to a telemarketing company. But companies do weird things all the time. Unfortunately, as long as you gave them your information at some time, they have the right to have a 3rd party call you. The important part of "Remove me from your calling list" is the word "your" because "I'm on the do-not-call list" does not apply to companies that you've had contact with in the past. I would still be worried about fraud. Please do not give them your credit card info. Who knows if Beautyfix just threw out a printed copy of their subscriber list and someone found it? Also, CS reps would probably not know about it if the company owner or CEO or the marketing department hired a telemarketing firm. And the CS reps would have no way to find out, even by passing the question up their own chain of command. Your best bet would be to ask to speak to the CS Manager, but they can be pretty clueless, too. Still, e-mailing DermStore is a good idea.

That all sounds shady but it is possible that Dermstore CS has no clue what's going on. When it comes to both inbound and outbound calls many times the person calling you is sitting in a cubicle farm doing contracted work for many different companies. Someone at the actual company especially anyone answering a phone would have no clue or couldn't get any info no matter how hard they tried. Unfortunately, I know someone who owns a huge phone farm call center. All kinds of companies, even the BBB I know that for a fact because in college that was one of my accounts, uses these phone farms to get new clients if it's business to business or customers if its company to customer to drum up new business. Had anyone called the BBB anyone answering phones wouldn't know a thing about it or who I was. Neither would their supervisor. Conversely some companies hire those places to answer their calls, crappy CS who are clueless is a big tip off. I quit after a few months I was young, dumb ( ok naive) & poor but once I clued in I got a different job. To be fair me AND the BBB quit that company around the same time. The owners had good intentions I think but greed can be hard to resist. Now just the wife (now ex) runs the place and its the lowest form of magazine selling wonder knife adding on type of place. And they certainly aren't hiring college students anymore and THAT's what's scary!! I also know uh ok I just realized if the wrong person stumbled here I could get sooo sued lol I'm being truthful so is that sue-able ( yeah I know I made that word up AND I was an English major lol)? Ok... Suffice to say... You have no clue who is calling so ALL of you have done the right thing!!! If they call after you tell them to put you on a do not call list, it wouldn't hurt to inform your local authorities. I'd hate to think somebody is out there pretending to be from Dermstore/Blush and is just collecting identities to sell. I DO have a Blush sub & I'm not worried but I'm VERY happy I had decided to wait for the new Beautyfix quarter to sub & they went out if business first! But still, now I'm thinking of how many one time promo boxes I've ordered & that does scare me.

OH GEEZ!!!! Or what Peridotcricket said above me, much better & more succinctly!! Idk how I missed that!! Lol but yeah......that. :::eyeroll @ self::: stroke brain strikes again!! Some days i just have to lol @ myself. Or delete but since there isn't a button for that, sorry hope you lol too and aren't annoyed!!!

I've been getting them too. I tried to do the unsubscribe option and no one was available. I picked up one of the calls and it seemed like the woman was on a bunch of different calls because she took soooo long to answer me and I just hung up. It is honestly a huge annoyance for me right now. 

OH GEEZ!!!! Or what Peridotcricket said above me, much better & more succinctly!! Idk how I missed that!! Lol but yeah......that. :::eyeroll @ self::: stroke brain strikes again!! Some days i just have to lol @ myself. Or delete but since there isn't a button for that, sorry hope you lol too and aren't annoyed!!!
Lol. We're not annoyed. You made a great explanation. I used to work at a call center farm, too, and it went out of business because the owner and top management were so shady. There is a loophole that says they have 30 days to remove you from the calling list, too, so that sucks. And I don't know why I thought that e-mailing DermStore would be a good idea. CS reps there would probably have no clue, either, but maybe if there's an e-mail for the CEO or something ...

Lol. We're not annoyed. You made a great explanation. I used to work at a call center farm, too, and it went out of business because the owner and top management were so shady. There is a loophole that says they have 30 days to remove you from the calling list, too, so that sucks. And I don't know why I thought that e-mailing DermStore would be a good idea. CS reps there would probably have no clue, either, but maybe if there's an e-mail for the CEO or something ...
Thanks for making me feel better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I get so embarressed when I gap stuff!! This whole situation with Beautyfix soliciting is so weird. I'm pretty sure from what people are saying its just plain 'ol telemarketing and nothing criminal. I can see where on one hand calling people who have already subbed to one beauty box to sub to another is a smart telemarketing move but on the other hand it really casts a bad light on how hard the Blush division is working to change their image from random to a valuable highly curated bag. I think they just badly miscalculated how smart & internet savy beauty box subscribers are as a whole. Either way I hope they stop calling you all and making you miserable!!!!

omg! I had no idea this was from dermstore, i never answer...the crazy thing is that i actually DO subscribe to the Blush mystery box and am still getting the calls.

Back