Unaware of Facebook Promotions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So last night one of my friends asked me about "that monthly nail polish thing" that she saw I was promoting on Facebook. Apparently posts are coming up on people's news feeds telling them I like Bondi. I scrolled through my husband's Facebook feed, and sure enough there I was promoting Bondi. I was kind of shocked and annoyed because I was completely unaware that anything like this was happening!

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent this? Is there a setting I can change? I looked but couldn't find anything. I love Bondi and my other sub boxes, but I don't want to be spamming all my friends and family on FB about them so for now I just un-liked the Bondi page.

I am wondering if there are other pages I need to un-like too because of this. FB is a great way to get info about subs, but I will definitely be more cautious about following pages in the future if it means I am going to be an advertisement for them!

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So last night one of my friends asked me about "that monthly nail polish thing" that she saw I was promoting on Facebook. Apparently posts are coming up on people's news feeds telling them I like Bondi. I scrolled through my husband's Facebook feed, and sure enough there I was promoting Bondi. I was kind of shocked and annoyed because I was completely unaware that anything like this was happening!

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent this? Is there a setting I can change? I looked but couldn't find anything. I love Bondi and my other sub boxes, but I don't want to be spamming all my friends and family on FB about them so for now I just un-liked the Bondi page.

I am wondering if there are other pages I need to un-like too because of this. FB is a great way to get info about subs, but I will definitely be more cautious about following pages in the future if it means I am going to be an advertisement for them!
Did you sign up to Bondi using your Facebook log in? If so you may have given an app the ability to post on your wall so check your app settings.

I think when you like a company on Facebook it's almost always like your promoting them in one way or another. For example, I constantly see "X and Y friend like Walmart." Or it could be like Zadi said & somewhere along the line you gave the app permission to post on your behalf.

Back