Daily Gratitude/Thankful Thread! (Support for Low/No Buys! )

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a new support thread where we can post a simple daily gratitude and share what we're thankful for that day with one another. I think attitude plays a big role in our desires to shop/cope with stress/etc, and if we all had a little something positive to chip in every day, it could help us stay on track! It could be just a simple line or two about what we're thankful for that day! (Serious or light-hearted.) Instead of impulse shopping, which can be hard to resist, it'd be great to take a little time each day and remind ourselves of the blessings we already have, and what we are thankful for: family, work, health, pets, makeup that brightens your mood, the polish on your nails, a nice fragrance that you enjoy, healthy foods that make you feel well, fresh flowers, a funny thing that made you laugh....you get the point! 
smile.gif

Every time you're tempted to buy something not on your low-buy/no-buy, just post here instead, and remember that in the grand scheme of things, maybe you don't REALLY need that lip color, polish, scarf, etc! I bet if we all look around us, we have a lot to be thankful for already, and can help support each other in our low/no-buys! 

I'll start; Today I am thankful for:

- My sweet furbabies! They always cheer me up and make me laugh with their silly antics! 

-The facial mask my best friend gave me for my birthday a while back. I've been stuck at home a lot lately, and it's been really nice getting to try out a new face mask and pamper myself in that way! It's such a fun pick-me-up!

-Late night television...especially when I can't seem to fall asleep! 

-Thankful that I don't have to have anymore medical tests this week and I survived Tuesday and Wednesday, and can now eat whatever I'd like! Yay for food! 

-On that note, I'm thankful for "Siggi's" Blueberry Yogurt. It's amazing! 

-I'm thankful that tomorrow I'm going to "shop my stash" and pick out a fun polish color to paint my nails with! 

I am happy for my husband who loves my Momma as if she were his own. When I had to quit work to be a 24/7 caregiver to my Momma, he was fully supportive, when we ended having to move into her house (ours was not handicapped accessible) he was again supportive.

I am grateful that I can care for Momma myself at her own home where she is most comfortable and happy and not in a nursing home.I'm grateful for the years of stories and memories the 3 of us share.

Extremely grateful for our 12 rescued cats, 1 rescue dog and a very happy ball python.

I am neither young nor pretty but my heart is full of gratitude and love.

Today I'm thankful for:

-My Smiley, Happy Dogs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

(Mykelti & Ranger)

Also thankful for: 

-No makeup days at home (wasn't feeling well today, so it was nice to give my skin a bit of a breather!)

- J.R. Watkins Shea Butter Lemon Cream Hand Cream! I discovered it at Target a while back, and it has worked wonders on my hands! 

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am happy for my husband who loves my Momma as if she were his own. When I had to quit work to be a 24/7 caregiver to my Momma, he was fully supportive, when we ended having to move into her house (ours was not handicapped accessible) he was again supportive.

I am grateful that I can care for Momma myself at her own home where she is most comfortable and happy and not in a nursing home.I'm grateful for the years of stories and memories the 3 of us share.

Extremely grateful for our 12 rescued cats, 1 rescue dog and a very happy ball python.

I am neither young nor pretty but my heart is full of gratitude and love.
That is a great list! It sounds to me like you are a beautiful person, inside and outside to open up your heart and show compassion like that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Today, I am thankful for my grandmother's blanket from last night. I have been extremely, extremely sick for a few years. Last night I fell asleep on my aunt's couch and when I woke up I noticed how 100% healthy I felt. It was really shocking and I loved it. Then my aunt told me that she had covered me with my grandma's blanket. My grandma was my best friend and she loved me very much, and this blanket had been kept safe and never been washed since she passed away a decade ago. That's why I woke up so healthy for the first time in years. Unfortunately, the illness came back on the drive home, but at least for a couple hours I was healthy, and I have that to hold on to.

I hope you can get your health back soon saycrack. Have you tried visualizing? Before sleep clear your mind and then focus on your Grandmother's love, let it fill you with warmth and light, I hope this will bring you some relief. My prayers are with you.

Thank you for the kind words Lydia Nichole! So sweet of you.

Today I'm thankful I'm able to pay it forward and donate some items I no longer need to our local women's shelter. Our local shelter is a terrific organization that helps women and their children get back on their feet and start new lives after leaving domestic violence situations.  Unlike some other organizations (Looking at you, Goodwill!) all of the donated items go directly to the women and children, to help them set up their new lives and homes; they also help them find jobs and keep them safe. If you have some things you no longer need/love that are in good shape, I encourage you to donate to your local women's shelter if there is one near you! 

(Our local shelter leaves pink bags on your doorstep, then picks them up a few days later if you set them out for them. You can also email them and schedule a pick up as well. I think people often forget that abuse does not just occur one time a year (at the Holidays when more people tend to donate), these people need help and supplies year-round, and can benefit from your gently used items now.I encourage you all to go through your closet, your kitchen, etc and see if you have any items you overlook or do not need that you can give to someone else who could benefit from them! 
smile.gif
 ) 

The picture below gives you a few ideas of things to donate/what your local shelter may be in need of:

Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today, I am thankful for my grandmother's blanket from last night.

I have been extremely, extremely sick for a few years. Last night I fell asleep on my aunt's couch and when I woke up I noticed how 100% healthy I felt. It was really shocking and I loved it. Then my aunt told me that she had covered me with my grandma's blanket. My grandma was my best friend and she loved me very much, and this blanket had been kept safe and never been washed since she passed away a decade ago. That's why I woke up so healthy for the first time in years. Unfortunately, the illness came back on the drive home, but at least for a couple hours I was healthy, and I have that to hold on to.
I hope today is a better day for you! 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you can get your health back soon saycrack. Have you tried visualizing? Before sleep clear your mind and then focus on your Grandmother's love, let it fill you with warmth and light, I hope this will bring you some relief. My prayers are with you.

Thank you for the kind words Lydia Nichole! So sweet of you.
You are so welcome! 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today I'm thankful for:

-My Smiley, Happy Dogs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

(Mykelti & Ranger)

Also thankful for: 

-No makeup days at home (wasn't feeling well today, so it was nice to give my skin a bit of a breather!)

- J.R. Watkins Shea Butter Lemon Cream Hand Cream! I discovered it at Target a while back, and it has worked wonders on my hands! 

That is a great list! It sounds to me like you are a beautiful person, inside and outside to open up your heart and show compassion like that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Gorgeous dogs!  My 3 dogs make me happy and grateful every day - they really add joy to my life.

If anyone was able to catch Secret Millionaire on ABC last night, they featured my city and 2 organizations I'm grateful for.  I work one morning a week at the day homeless shelter that was featured, and that more than anything has shown me how much I have to be grateful for.  I'm not a volunteer per se, as I work at a university and my work at the shelter falls under that umbrella.  Through my work I also met the woman that runs Tri-Coastal Community Outreach - she is truly a power house.  I didn't know it was her organization that was being featured as well, so that was really interesting.  You can read more about it at the link below.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/08/secret_millionaire_shocked_ama.html

I'm thankful for this today! My boyfriend stocked up on lots of gluten-free goodies for me, so I can eat them without getting sick. So thoughtful and sweet! It really made my night!

Gorgeous dogs!  My 3 dogs make me happy and grateful every day - they really add joy to my life. If anyone was able to catch Secret Millionaire on ABC last night, they featured my city and 2 organizations I'm grateful for.  I work one morning a week at the day homeless shelter that was featured, and that more than anything has shown me how much I have to be grateful for.  I'm not a volunteer per se, as I work at a university and my work at the shelter falls under that umbrella.  Through my work I also met the woman that runs Tri-Coastal Community Outreach - she is truly a power house.  I didn't know it was her organization that was being featured as well, so that was really interesting.  You can read more about it at the link below. http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/08/secret_millionaire_shocked_ama.html
Thank you! 💗 Aww that's great they featured that organization! What an awesome way to help the community! 😊

Thank you for this thread LydiaNichole. Seeing it finally gave me the motivation to start a small gratitude journal of my own and I can say it's definitely helped made me feel less blue! Reading it when I'm having a bad day definitely cheers me up. 

So let's see... Today I'm thankful for the great new friends I've made at work. A lot of our trainees had their last day at work today and although I'm sad to see them go I'm happy I've had the chance to get to know them. Working with them was a lot of fun and they made my days so much brighter. 

Back