New Beauty Test Tube September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, the "new and improved" test tubes should be shipping out fairly soon. According to the e-mail New Beauty sent, they should arrive on or before September 12th.  I'm hoping that the program revamp means more and better goodies for subscribers.  Time will tell!

I'm nervously waiting for my first one....... I'm sort of worried about my addiction because originally I convinced myself that I wouldn't go over certain price per beauty or food boxes so I held off on this one. Well, I gave into the most recent QVC testtube and talked myself into giving this one a try, drats...... I've really got to make some decisions as to which subs I need to keep and which ones to do away with SOON!

Hello. I got the last test tube--maracuja oil, YBF brow pencil, etc. I think I'm cancelled so I won't be getting this one, but I thought I'd join this thread to see what they send out. I *might* sign up again if the tube is out of this world. However, it is so pricey and I'm so broke, I'm not sure I'll be able to do so. Anyway, let me put it this way--I hope everyone here gets amazing products they'll love, but I also hope they'll be things I either already have or just don't want, lol!

Aren't we supposed to get the tube on or before September 12th? Its the 10th and still no shipping notice nor am I able to track by reference.

Quote: Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Aren't we supposed to get the tube on or before September 12th? Its the 10th and still no shipping notice nor am I able to track by reference.

Supposedly.  Yet, <cricket sounds> from my inbox and mailbox.

Quote: Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Supposedly.  Yet, <cricket sounds> from my inbox and mailbox.

lol... cricket sounds! Sadly, it's the same with mine....I think that I've checked their website and facebook page, at least a hundred times now for an itty bitty update and nothing! This is so hard for an impatient person, especially since this is my "sign up and then decide what to keep or drop" month for several new boxes!

I didn't realize someone started a new thread. I just e-mailed them to see if there are updates. Tey are very, very quiet.

I saw these on instagram the other day

They charged me last Thursday, so I expected that they'd be ready to start shipping this week/early next week. 

This picture has me confused........ First of all, that looks like a store that you just go in and buy a tube. It would be neat to be able to pick your own samples like that but I'm greedy so I balked at the "pick 5" part. I hope our tube will have more than 5 samples at that price! Also, these looked like the old tubes (not that I should really know because the only one I've ever gotten is the latest QVC one). I have to say, as much as Ipsy frets everyone, at least they reveal sneaks.... drives me totally bonkers that many subs don't show sneaks........ I am a horribly impatient person so going extreme long periods without any hints at all, makes me seriously grumpy!

I knowit's supposed to be new and improved but I rwally hope that they are sending more than 5 samples!!! Maybe the pictures are of the packing process?

I know they have a NBTT area in an upscale department store (the name totally escapes me).. You used to grab 7 or 8 items.. It's weird to see 5. Maybe they changed the price point or made all the samples bigger sizes?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I knowit's supposed to be new and improved but I rwally hope that they are sending more than 5 samples!!! Maybe the pictures are of the packing process?

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This picture has me confused........ First of all, that looks like a store that you just go in and buy a tube. It would be neat to be able to pick your own samples like that but I'm greedy so I balked at the "pick 5" part. I hope our tube will have more than 5 samples at that price! Also, these looked like the old tubes (not that I should really know because the only one I've ever gotten is the latest QVC one). I have to say, as much as Ipsy frets everyone, at least they reveal sneaks.... drives me totally bonkers that many subs don't show sneaks........ I am a horribly impatient person so going extreme long periods without any hints at all, makes me seriously grumpy!

My thoughts are:  I think that is an example of the tubes that are sold at Fred Segal stores.   Here is more information: http://www.beautystorebusiness.com/node/252     My impression was we might see a Pureness health item in our tubes this September.      
Has anyone had a chance to call customer service and find out about shipping.  It's been a week since I've been charged so I think it's reasonable to expect shipping has started.  I'll try to call later and find out.  

Checking in to say I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I was charged on the 3rd, got an email saying it would be here before the 12th and no shipping info or anything turning up when I track by account number. I looked back and saw a FedEx shipping notice for the previous one at the end of June but nothing so far for the new one.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Checking in to say I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I was charged on the 3rd, got an email saying it would be here before the 12th and no shipping info or anything turning up when I track by account number. I looked back and saw a FedEx shipping notice for the previous one at the end of June but nothing so far for the new one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone had a chance to call customer service and find out about shipping.  It's been a week since I've been charged so I think it's reasonable to expect shipping has started.  I'll try to call later and find out.

I have e-mailed yesterday with no response so far. Considering they want to do it by-monthly now it sucks that they got ine out in June and the next one is still standing out with no real updates. Although someone mentioned earlier that FB claimed they are shipping next week. i would appreciate updates when you log into your NBTT account or e-mails to the subscribers. That way we at least know where we are at.

Although, I'm climbing the walls for my 1st Beauty Tube, I had to chuckle after reading the article from the link above about the "New Beauty" 4,000 square foot brick and mortar because at first I was like, "oh wow, how awesome would it be to be able to pick out your own samples............ but then..............

.............my eyes caught onto this part..............

a Build Your Own TestTube sampling station where customers can choose a mix of samples from a pool of 30 options.

**THIRTY options.... oh shoot, I wouldn't be able to handle it, instead you'd find me kneeling in some corner, crying uncontrollably, just from trying to pick a limited amount from THIRTY options.... I severely lack the ability of making decisions, even the simplest ones! Heck it totally drives my husband insane because I can't even make up my mind of where to eat even when it's down to being only between 2 restaurants.......   So, yes....... it sounds divine but sadly, it may just be the final straw of me really showing what a nutcase I am, lol! I'm safe for now with being so far, far away from there and a near to zero chance of ever making it to the West coast.  

Ok gals, I called CS (had to update my credit card info, so I had been planning a call to them as soon as I had a moment today).  

They told me boxes should start arriving tomorrow-Saturday and Monday!  
claps.gif

She said FedEx didn't provide them with any tracking numbers so they didn't send any tracking info out...not sure I buy that story, more like they shipped later than they said they would and by holding out on sending tracking avoid backlash (I have a feeling Ipsy is doing the same thing this month)...she was quick to tell me about shipping even though I didn't ask about it...so seems there is some major CYA going on.

Anyway she told me if I didn't get my box on Monday to certainly call them. 

I feel totally disengaged. No updates, no personal preference/skin tone matching quiz, no tracking, no pre-tube videos, no sneak peeks, or revealed item that everyone will get... It's kinda anti-climatic when I get my tube and then I forget about it. Seriously considering dropping this sub. Hoping this is a serious re-vamp that gets these guys back in the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok gals, I called CS (had to update my credit card info, so I had been planning a call to them as soon as I had a moment today).  

They told me boxes should start arriving tomorrow-Saturday and Monday!  
claps.gif

She said FedEx didn't provide them with any tracking numbers so they didn't send any tracking info out...not sure I buy that story, more like they shipped later than they said they would and by holding out on sending tracking avoid backlash (I have a feeling Ipsy is doing the same thing this month)...she was quick to tell me about shipping even though I didn't ask about it...so seems there is some major CYA going on.

Anyway she told me if I didn't get my box on Monday to certainly call them. 
Thanks for the update!

Quote: Originally Posted by craigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel totally disengaged. No updates, no personal preference/skin tone matching quiz, no tracking, no pre-tube videos, no sneak peeks, or revealed item that everyone will get... It's kinda anti-climatic when I get my tube and then I forget about it. Seriously considering dropping this sub. Hoping this is a serious re-vamp that gets these guys back in the 

I know how you feel.... This is only my first of the Beauty Tube but already, I am SO not liking the "silent" treatment from it!

Latest posts

Back