Favorite Eyeshadow Palette and Why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was thinking about this as I am in a no buy for the month of September and I am really trying to shop my collection and use things that I have forgotten that I had or things that I have not used in some time just to re-familiarize myself with them. In doing so, I was thinking about what my favorite eyeshadow palette is and why it's my favorite. I am still trying to determine my own answer to this question but, I am curious as to what the answer would be from all of you so please feel free to comment.

I'm torn between Naked 2 and Lorac Pro for this. I love them both for different reasons. Lorac has all of the wonderful mattes, but a couple of colors thrown in with the neutrals that make me just adore that palette. But Naked 2 has the cool tone neutrals that I just absolutely adore and use a little bit more often. I considered adding Naked into the confusion, but as much as I am enjoying it, I still definitely prefer the cooler colors of Naked 2.

The only draw back to the Lorac palette I have is that I'm afraid to travel with it. The shadows are so soft that I'm worried that they will shatter in my luggage. I feel completely confident taking Naked 2 with me.

Quote: Originally Posted by klutzyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm torn between Naked 2 and Lorac Pro for this. I love them both for different reasons. Lorac has all of the wonderful mattes, but a couple of colors thrown in with the neutrals that make me just adore that palette. But Naked 2 has the cool tone neutrals that I just absolutely adore and use a little bit more often. I considered adding Naked into the confusion, but as much as I am enjoying it, I still definitely prefer the cooler colors of Naked 2.

The only draw back to the Lorac palette I have is that I'm afraid to travel with it. The shadows are so soft that I'm worried that they will shatter in my luggage. I feel completely confident taking Naked 2 with me.
Good to know! I own both of those palettes and I love looking at them. I have used them both a few times but not enough to really say that I absolutely adore them and would refer to them as my favorite. Perhaps my issue is that I have so many palettes that very few get much love because I try to use a different one each day and it takes quite a while to complete the rotation and give them a second go around. I may have to put these back at the top of a short list to try out some more and see if I can agree with you. Thanks for your feedback!

For me the winner is the UD Naked palette. I use it almost every day. Virgin is the best highlighter for brow bone in my opinion.

Lorac PRO!!!! I could use that palette FOREVER. I wouldn't travel with it...but I never travel with full size palettes, I use depotted shadows and a mini magnetic palette thing. mainly with maybelline quads. but seriously. Lorac Pro is my favorite palette ever! it makes me wish I never even bought all the Naked palettes. they're so soft and so pigmented and you don't NEED a primer, with the naked palettes, you HAVE to use one otherwise they won't show up.

I really don't think I could choose a favorite. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, if I was forced to get rid of all my palettes but one, I'd keep the Naked since it's good for multiple things from job interview to date night. 

For me the winner is the UD Naked palette. I use it almost every day. Virgin is the best highlighter for brow bone in my opinion.
I really don't think I could choose a favorite. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, if I was forced to get rid of all my palettes but one, I'd keep the Naked since it's good for multiple things from job interview to date night. 
I agree! The original Naked palette is my absolute favorite of the palettes I own! I've used it on close to a daily basis for several years now, and adore how much use I've gotten from it. The colors from the original Naked palette are very flattering on my skintone. (I own Naked 2, but find myself greatly preferring Naked vs Naked 2.) I also really enjoy my Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes for the color variations and the mixture of matte and shimmer shades. That's a palette that isn't talked about as often, and it really is worth mentioning! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh man choosing a favorite is hard. I'm torn between Saucebox's Midnight Blossoms and, you guessed it, UD's Naked I palette. 

Midnight Blossoms has more color options, but Naked is just my go-to palette for calm, unflashy looks. 

My favorite palette would have to be the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette.  Especially the brown/teal duochrome shade.

TheBalm Meet Matte Nude. I would say it's my favorite because I find myself reaching for it more than any other palette I own. Unlike most people here, I rarely ever use my naked palette- idk why but it just never really worked for me. I find thebalm's eyeshadows to be super soft and blendable, and the meet matte nude gives u a rly nice variety of matte shades.

Kat von D Ludwig palette and the Stila In the Light palette.  I love the color payoff from the Kat von D eyeshadows and I really like the Kat von D eyeshadow primer.  

For some reason the Urban Decay shadows make my eyes itch.  Kat von D works for me!  

UD naked palette, MUA Undressed, my Wet n Wild palettes. I constantly reach for them, the more neutral shades since that is what I used the most for my everyday makeup routine. 

I've fallen in love with my Lorac Pro. It is so diverse. Has 8 shades that are matte and 8 shimmer. The colors last all day and are really wearable colors. You can do so many different looks. From the most dramatic to natural everyday to the most appropriate makeup ever.

I also love my naked 1. I'm a big fan of my wet-n-wild sweet as candy trio, which is a very reasonable option for 3 beautiful shadows.

Latest posts

Back