Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Angi - the Julep rep I talked to last week said it's 5 - 10 business days from when the order GETS to DHL, not from when you order. So my order placed on the first, processed thru DHL on the 4th is scheduled to get to me -- on time -- on the 18th. Crazy.
They also have a processing time which is 1-5 business days on top of the 5-10 business days for shipping, which may be what the rep was referring to. It shows up in the order receipt.
My God, that is just ridiculous.

Meanwhile, back at the DHL Hell Center, my 2 boxes of 7 polishes, ordered on the 1st, that arrived in Memphis on Wednesday morning, just got handed off to USPS THIS afternoon! With Columbus Day holiday, that means Tuesday will be the absolute EARLIEST that I will receive my boxes ... so, from Oct. 1 to Oct. 15 .... my calendar says IF they get delivered Tuesday, it will be the 10th business day. I call that s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g it, Julep, to keep the 5-10 days delivery promise.
I'm also waiting for my order! My box just isn't moving!! Not happy with DHL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angismith View Post

Did everyone see the new promo on FB? Several items are on sale for 7.99 with this promotion if you missed a color in the Rebel Set:

http://bit.ly/186fBmf

This forum gets me in so much trouble, lol. I wish I upgraded so might have to pick up a couple more colors.

I swear that's why you have to be super careful and look around the whole entire site and double check on here for the best deal, their pricing is really inconsistent.

Someone should probably point out to them that the pricing makes no sense as far as the set goes vs the individual bottles.

I just wanted to share this, I put on Cleopatra Sunday with no top coat or base coat... I might just be easily impressed but I consider this excellent wear for polish. I have been working 8-12 hour days all week at an auto plant building engines so my nails have been through hell this week. This is the end result. Like I said I could be easily impressed, either way I like Julep a little more now. 400 Also, Lucky finally made it to me! New mani time!

Just bought Valerie through the $7.99 camo promo. It gave the option for add ons, which was interesting, but they were the same add on choices from the chevron mystery boxes. Almost tempted to do the mystery add on again, but thinking it would probably be the same as the one on the way from the zag max box I ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

I just wanted to share this, I put on Cleopatra Sunday with no top coat or base coat... I might just be easily impressed but I consider this excellent wear for polish. I have been working 8-12 hour days all week at an auto plant building engines so my nails have been through hell this week.

This is the end result.
Like I said I could be easily impressed, either way I like Julep a little more now.

Also, Lucky finally made it to me! New mani time!

Mine chipped within the first 12 hours. I also had put it on top of another polish though, so that might be why. I want to try it alone before I make judgements, but so far not impressed. It was also a lot shinier after 24 hours. It lost the matte/latex feel very quickly, I don't even know how that works.

Mine chipped within the first 12 hours. I also had put it on top of another polish though, so that might be why. I want to try it alone before I make judgements, but so far not impressed. It was also a lot shinier after 24 hours. It lost the matte/latex feel very quickly, I don't even know how that works.
This was my experience with it also. The only nails that held up had Beatrix over them, which ruined the latex finish effect.

Finally got my secret store order yesterday.  Which is of course rather amusing since I didn't buy the box this month.  Thank you girls for posting the links to the secret store product pages.  I finally was able to score Julia, which I have been eyeing for months!

This was my experience with it also. The only nails that held up had Beatrix over them, which ruined the latex finish effect.
Hm. Mine didn't start chipping away till a couple days in. I do understand what you mean about the latex losing its color, my thumb nail has a weird texture and sheen to it. The rest held up nicely for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

Also, Lucky finally made it to me! New mani time!

I must be in a silly mood this morning ... @hiheather, so glad you finally got Lucky!

After seeing some of the boxes I caved and ordered the medium mystery box. I already have the sea salt spray, but have been wanting the beach tonic and double step so with the 20% off code it was worth getting. I will just gift or maybe sell the dupe.

I am in Seattle and it has been hit or miss with DHL shipping to me. We will see.

I used my free polish code for Beatrix and since the add on screen came up I ordered the swatch me stickers ( it absolutely kills my OCD that some of my julep's don't have them ) and the mystery add on bag. So now I have 3 julep orders since 10/4, 4 if you count the maven box and I've only recd one of them. Does anyone know the difference between the standard free 5-10 day shipping and the one they want 3.99 (I think) for that is also 5-10 days. Why would I pay 3.99 for the same shot at 10 days.

I used my free polish code for Beatrix and since the add on screen came up I ordered the swatch me stickers ( it absolutely kills my OCD that some of my julep's don't have them ) and the mystery add on bag. So now I have 3 julep orders since 10/4, 4 if you count the maven box and I've only recd one of them. Does anyone know the difference between the standard free 5-10 day shipping and the one they want 3.99 (I think) for that is also 5-10 days. Why would I pay 3.99 for the same shot at 10 days.
Don't pay the $3.99! You may want to wait til [@]angismith[/@] confirms, but I believe you will still be getting The exact same DHL service available for free. Earlier this month she & I each ordered our free polishes on the same day, & she paid the extra for shipping. We live in the same region, and received our polishes on the same day. I do believe she had her $3.99 refunded & talked with customer service, so she probably has more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post

dahlia and valerie from October rebel set

Love those two colors together!

When I used Cleopatra the first two nails where done carefully one at a time and they outlasted the ones I did 3 days later more sloppily. Those started chipping the next day. 3 thin coats worked best. I think I went thicker when I did them all and I still ended up needing 3 coats

Has anyone tried the Edith polish from the Hope Trio yet? I tried mine out last night and do not like the formula of this polish. Mine is very thick with almost a textured look to it. I put the Freedom Polymer Top Coat on top of it which did help but I'm still not loving this texture. Anyone else try it? I'm wondering if all of them are like this or if I just got unlucky with this one.

Don't pay the $3.99! You may want to wait til [@]angismith[/@] confirms, but I believe you will still be getting The exact same DHL service available for free. Earlier this month she & I each ordered our free polishes on the same day, & she paid the extra for shipping. We live in the same region, and received our polishes on the same day. I do believe she had her $3.99 refunded & talked with customer service, so she probably has more info.
Did not plan on using it lol it seems too odd to me. Angi please chime in with your experience. :)
dahlia and valerie from October rebel set LL LL
Now I wish I had gotten both colors. I have Valerie but wow do those colors really look good together.

ugh. I want to try out the other two polishes I got this month but I am completely out of all cotton type products and keep forgetting to stop at target to get some :( I've lost 4 nails to peeling already. yuck.

I'm so happy I'm getting Valerie in the set i ordered, it's gorgeous!

My order shipped today, so we'll see how it goes as far as getting to me.

I think I stumbled into the Spooky Surprise they have been hinting at on Facebook....  I wonder if there will be a promo or add-ons tomorrow. 

http://www.julep.com/the-bogeyman.html

http://www.julep.com/frankly.html

http://www.julep.com/batgirl.html

http://www.julep.com/moonlit-monster.html

http://www.julep.com/flying-fright.html

http://www.julep.com/candy-corn.html

http://www.julep.com/creepy.html

edit:  There are a few others, mostly duos with the various crackle polishes from last year.