Tarte Holiday 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping for a blush set like last year's with some LE colors in it. Well, at least I will be able to resist this brand's holiday collection. There is really nothing here that screams that I just have to have it. For everyone who will be hauling, enjoy!

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping for a blush set like last year's with some LE colors in it. Well, at least I will be able to resist this brand's holiday collection. There is really nothing here that screams that I just have to have it. For everyone who will be hauling, enjoy!

You don't like the blush palette?  It has a couple LE colors-- Darling and Crave.  It includes:

4 x 0.158 oz Amazonian 12-hour blushes in Dollface (light pink), Dazzled (soft rose), Darling (nude melon), and Crave (pink peach) 
- 0.158 oz Amazonian clay bronzer in Park Ave Princess 
- Wearable, eco-chic bow bracelet 

Sidenote: I love how it says 'eco-chic' bracelet instead of just saying 'cheap plastic.'  
rolleyes.gif

I saw this earlier this morning (around midnight) as well. I wish there were lipsurgences again this year & I want the blush palette, but I wish it came individually like last years, but then again, there's like.. .05 more product in the palette. I already have dollface, dazzled & park ave princess, which is why I'm wondering if I should get it for crave & darling, but we'll see! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I saw this earlier this morning (around midnight) as well. I wish there were lipsurgences again this year & I want the blush palette, but I wish it came individually like last years, but then again, there's like.. .05 more product in the palette. I already have dollface, dazzled & park ave princess, which is why I'm wondering if I should get it for crave & darling, but we'll see! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OMGOODNESS! No Lipsurgence set, you're right!  I didn't purchase last year's in hopes that this year's set would have more color variety. Well, poop.  

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMGOODNESS! No Lipsurgence set, you're right!  I didn't purchase last year's in hopes that this year's set would have more color variety. Well, poop.  
Yup :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the only reason why I wish the blushes were split up is that it was easier to gift. I was able to buy an additional blush set last year & split it up into four goody bag gifts. This year, I would have loved to gift the colors I already had if these came individually, but I guess I'll just end up keeping it for myself since I can't break it up! lol

Yup :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the only reason why I wish the blushes were split up is that it was easier to gift. I was able to buy an additional blush set last year & split it up into four goody bag gifts. This year, I would have loved to gift the colors I already had if these came individually, but I guess I'll just end up keeping it for myself since I can't break it up! lol

Ah, good point. I already have Dollface and Park Ave. Princess, so I am going to pass.  I might spring for a NARS blush palette instead this year!

The fact that the blushes are in a palette is what is keeping me from needing it in my life. I have two of the blushes already as well as the bronzer and I just cannot justify storing another palette for the 2 colors that I don't already have in my collection. I didn't buy the lipsurgence set last year for the same reason as coffeecardigan and darn it, I didn't even notice that there isn't one this year. Yet more support for the rationale that I do not need anything from this LE collection. LOL I need all of the justification I can get because my reasons TO buy something generally win out.

Ah, good point. I already have Dollface and Park Ave. Princess, so I am going to pass.  I might spring for a NARS blush palette instead this year!
I'm excited for the NARS Guy Boudin One Night Stand palette! Even though they included Orgasm and Laguna.. AGAIN & also Deep Throat, which they have also been making repetitive in the last few palettes.. I want the other three shades in there! lol

I'm excited for the NARS Guy Boudin One Night Stand palette! Even though they included Orgasm and Laguna.. AGAIN & also Deep Throat, which they have also been making repetitive in the last few palettes.. I want the other three shades in there! lol
Oh, I've never seen that before!  Do you know when it's coming out?

Oh, I've never seen that before!  Do you know when it's coming out?
Supposedly November, but it might be late October? They normally say it's November, but releases a few weeks early!

Supposedly November, but it might be late October? They normally say it's November, but releases a few weeks early!

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I have minis of Orgasm and Laguna, but I've been kicking myself for two years for missing out on the Danmari palette.  Now I will happily skip this Tarte blush palette!

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The fact that the blushes are in a palette is what is keeping me from needing it in my life. I have two of the blushes already as well as the bronzer and I just cannot justify storing another palette for the 2 colors that I don't already have in my collection. I didn't buy the lipsurgence set last year for the same reason as coffeecardigan and darn it, I didn't even notice that there isn't one this year. Yet more support for the rationale that I do not need anything from this LE collection. LOL I need all of the justification I can get because my reasons TO buy something generally win out.

Good job! :)  Put your money towards those awesome Sephora Favorites sets.  I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a cheek/bronzer kit this year, but I love everything else.

The Thoughtful Treasures Best Sellers one looks like something I might get.

I do not have one of their blushes yet and I have really been wanting to try one, but they are just too much for me full price. $19 for three items is not too bad, especially considering I would be using the last of a gift card to buy it. Ulta has a set with a blush too (different color), but with more items and higher price ($34).

sadno.gif
   I was so disappointed when I saw that the only Lipsurgence was a mini in that best sellers kit.  I was really hoping for a Lipsurgence kit.  Oh well.  I'm playing clarinet and saxophone this semester and it's really best not to wear any lip products on the days I play.  I made the mistake of wearing one of my Lipsurgences yesterday and got some of it on my clarinet reed.  It's the only thing I've had it transfer to.  Go figure.  Meh.  Like you, I was hoping that the blushes would be individually-packaged and already have Dollface and Park Avenue Princess.  I may get the blush palette, but if Crave will be available separately, I won't.  *shrugs and walks away*

time to make a wishlist.. i do agree with most of you guys on the whole blush palette, no lipsurgence set, etc :/ bummer. and that NARS palette is gorgeous. you guys can read more about it on Specktra.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Thoughtful Treasures Best Sellers one looks like something I might get.

I do not have one of their blushes yet and I have really been wanting to try one, but they are just too much for me full price. $19 for three items is not too bad, especially considering I would be using the last of a gift card to buy it. Ulta has a set with a blush too (different color), but with more items and higher price ($34).

This is the one I have the most interest in. I love that it's a limited edition blush (so, one I don't have - I have 2 of teh ones in teh blush palette, which wouldnt be an issue if they were separate blushes as I could easily gift those) and the Lip Surgence will fit nicely in just about any purse that I have. I'm a little bummed that there isn't a lip set this year, and am underwhelmed by the large set.

I want to get the blush set to give as a gift, but as someone mentioned there's the NARS One Night Stand palette coming up. She already has the Danmari and both Pierre Hardy blushes plus other singles. I should probably stop gifting her blush. LOL I tried Tarte blush for the first time in July and have to say I'm impressed. Tarte is stealing my NARS gaze.

Back