Which airbrush brand is best?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a highschool student and I am seriously thinking about pursuing a makeup art carrer. I have a pretty good collection of makeup and im interested in buying an airbrush because I know it can be a great tool to have. Im only looking at $100-$150 range, I have done some research on different brands but i'm still not sure which is best for a beginner to learn from. Any tips or suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

I Have tried Dinair Makeup, Luminess, kett & temptu..........Ya I LOVE Airbrush Makeup lol But My favorite is Dinair's!! There makeup Last all day Plus its water base, so it doesn't cause irritations or breakouts & its rub resistant so it never comes off on my clothes!!! I also love there customer service you can email them your picture & they choose the colors for you!!! I hope this helps ya out oooh & I purchased a Leopard print compressor!!! God Luck Oh by the way I hated Luminess lol

Thanks! I read alot of good things about them, but i also saw they clog really easy and break soon after warrenty. That didnt happen to you?

I'm trying to decide too.  Luminesse is on Hautelook for $129, Dinair has a starter kit with lots of stuff for $199, and then you can find coupon codes for Belletto for $129 as well.   

I'm leaning towards Belletto, because the compressor seems very similar to Dinair, so I could buy it (using the coupon code) and then always use Dinair foundations in it, right? 

I have both Luminess and Dinair and prefer the Dinair over the Luminess (both the compressor and the foundations). If you're looking for a professional compressor then an Grex or Iwata. I've used Grex at IMATS and want one but it's out of my budget right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have both Luminess and Dinair and prefer the Dinair over the Luminess (both the compressor and the foundations). If you're looking for a professional compressor then an Grex or Iwata. I've used Grex at IMATS and want one but it's out of my budget right now.

Thanks!  I don't need anything professional grade, I'm just planning on using it on me.  Still debating, I like the idea of super light, even foundation, but not sure it's worth all the $. 

Luminess foundations are more expensive than Dinair and while it was okay I do prefer Dinair's products to Luminess. Of course with the compressor you can use other brands for airbrush makeup ranging from M•A•C's to any number of brands.

I do not think this brand very well , you can consider clarisonic ah !
We're talking about airbrushing systems here, not skin exfoliator systems. Totally two different topics here. :wink:

I did a little more investigating, and aside from the makeup formulas (both are waterbased) the main difference between Dinair and Belletto seems to be, Dinair goes to 15 PSI, while Belletto goes to 12.  Any thoughts on whether that would make a material difference?  The Belletto system is 70 bucks less on sale now, and I could always buy Dinair makeup later.  

Back