Question for those of you with 2+ birchbox accounts/boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, new here.  I am wondering ....

Do you guys refer yourselves using another email address...or is that "illegal"

Also, do you answer the quizes differently to receive different products or the same or what..? Just curious.....

After reading all you getting more than one box, I am thinking about trying it myself.

Do you have to use different credit card?

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lindsey

I can answer some these, but not all.

I didn't refer myself but I did signed up for my second box using a different email account.

I answered almost all of the questions differently. I kept a few questions the same - my age, ethnicity, hair, hair color, skin tone are the same on both accounts. I decided to make my main account "the real me... at the moment", and my second account is where I hope to be in a year/after graduation. I have never gotten the same exact box on both accounts. I have received the 1 dupe every month on both accounts, but it was usually a product that I liked anyway.

My second account has all the same shipping & billing info. The only thing I changed was my name. On my second account I go by my first initial, instead of my full name. I've read of people using pet names on their second account.

I hope this helps.

I didn't refer myself either, just signed up with another email address. I use the same CC, mailing address, full name on both accounts - the only difference is the email address. I've yet to hear anything about it from Birchbox.

As for profiles, all my info is the same on both accounts save two exceptions - on one account I'm myself with my actual salary, and on the other account I'm a 21-year-old millionaire. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That box usually has more luxe, slightly trendier items. In seven months I've gotten one dupe box, and that's it. I'm really happy so far.

1. You can refer yourself and still get points.  BB doesn't care, they are still getting that extra $10 a month.

2. You should make your profiles as different as possible.  Just remember that you always run the chance of getting dupes or 2 of the same box.  It doesn't happen to most people very often, and if you find that it is you just have to fiddle with profile.  Birchbox won't (and frankly- shouldn't) do anything about it, because their system has no way of telling that you have two boxes.

Back