Sign in to follow this  
internetchick

Anyone buying from the RiRi Hearts MAC fall release?

Talk that talk is the only thing that looks remotely appealing to me, but I already have so many plum lippies...

I'm getting all of the lippies and liners since it's buy now, ask questions later. Hopefully I like all the shades. I was looking at the Her Cocoa quad, but I'm being good. I don't need another neutral palette. Last week I swatched 3 identical golds from different brands in my collection. Oof! I'm considering the CCB, but it's not a need. RRW is the most gorgeous red. I was really pleased with it. I don't reach for Heaux and RRB.

I'm thinking about getting the Blush/ bronzed duo mostly because of the packaging. :-) I love to depot them and put in my powder in MAC's pretty packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

I'm going to get the RiRi Woo lipstick and lip gloss. I LOVE the packaging. This will be my first Mac purchase :)

RiRi Woo is hands down my favorite red lipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetchick View Post

RiRi Woo is hands down my favorite red lipstick.

It looks beautiful! I stopped myself from buying it sooner because I wanted the LE packaging. Hopefully the "waiting room" isn't as bad as the RiRi summer launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

It looks beautiful! I stopped myself from buying it sooner because I wanted the LE packaging. Hopefully the "waiting room" isn't as bad as the RiRi summer launch.

I have backups in regular packaging and will get LE too LOL.

I love looking at the collections, but I am afraid this one is not calling me to make my first MAC purchase. I think the eyeshadow quads, and purple & red lipsticks would be on my list if I won the lottery, though ^_~

Temptalia at Makeup and Beauty Blog have swatches of the collection. 

Dang, now I kinda want the Her Cocoa quad too. I wish they sold the quad packaging individually from the shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetchick View Post

You should check out Beautizine. She has great photos, and very color accurate.

Thanks! They do have great photos!

I think I'm going to stick to the RiRi Woo lipstick and lipglass.

I'm curious about how the brushes perform. Has anyone seen reviews or heard anything about them? 

The Her Cocoa quad, RiRi Woo lipstick and Hibiscus Kiss look nice, but they're not exactly unique and I'm trying to cull my makeup stash. I'll probably still try to check them out in person, though. The good thing about the brushes is that you don't have to throw away limited edition packaging when you're done with the product - not that I'd use up a lipstick or an eyeshadow quad anytime soon but still... rolleyes1.gif I'm afraid I'd be hesitant to use the products because I don't want to get rid of the packaging when I'm done (I know that might be pretty silly of me).

I'm gonna have to get the Talk that Talk Lipstick and Nude as well...

Just to confirm it goes on sale... 

The RiRi Hearts MAC (Fall Edition) launches in MAC stores on September 26th, online September 30th, and everywhere else October 3rd (including international).

Do you guys usually buy them at the store, online or counter in a dept store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauu View Post

I'm curious about how the brushes perform. Has anyone seen reviews or heard anything about them?

I have had nothing but bad luck with the SE brushes. Still, I may get them. I can always return them if they disappoint, and if they don't then I didn't miss out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybluetiful View Post

I'm gonna have to get the Talk that Talk Lipstick and Nude as well...

Just to confirm it goes on sale... 

The RiRi Hearts MAC (Fall Edition) launches in MAC stores on September 26th, online September 30th, and everywhere else October 3rd (including international).

Do you guys usually buy them at the store, online or counter in a dept store?

I do both. I am not going in store this time, because this collection is hot and some stores are only getting one of each item. I am going to fight it out online.

• Like 1

I do almost everything online lol...Avoiding crowds being one of the main reasons. So if I do get anything, I'll be on my lappy. :)

How can anyone resist the packaging? =/

I'll be getting the following:

Diamonds Cream Colour Base ($22)

Her Cocoa Eyeshadow Quad ($44)

Hibiscus Kiss ($26)

Riri Woo Lipstick x2 ($33) - one for me and my sis; even when we already have it in the regular black packaging

Talk that Talk looks nice but I don't like how there are black spots on the swatches and lips... gross? haha