Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

5 for now.. I'm back in town for Christmas and would love to meet up with anyone before Jan 4 :)

Yay glad one was started!

Ok - there's a chicago meet-up thread - I'll post a couple ideas - anyone who's interested come join me over there and we'll figure it out!

haha, no! It's not even THAT far of a trip...I've actually been there before and it's an 11 hour drive...when I've mailed things to family friends there before using standard post, it took 2 days to get there. SO naturally 2 day Priority should take 9-10 days...bahhh! It sat with no updates or movement for 4 days, then again for three more. Next year, I'm shipping in June! lol I'm just relieved. I was getting so panicked. And I am really glad I didn't end up sending her anything perishable. I hope it isn't smashed or something...I hope she posts!
Omg lol, so sending standard mail coming out to Colorado, which is more than 11 hours from you was faster?! Craziness. She will love it and she will post! I just know it. I feel like we are on watch like how we were with [@]slinka[/@] Santee. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by missemiee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

haha, no! It's not even THAT far of a trip...I've actually been there before and it's an 11 hour drive...when I've mailed things to family friends there before using standard post, it took 2 days to get there. SO naturally 2 day Priority should take 9-10 days...bahhh! It sat with no updates or movement for 4 days, then again for three more. Next year, I'm shipping in June! lol

I'm just relieved. I was getting so panicked. And I am really glad I didn't end up sending her anything perishable. I hope it isn't smashed or something...I hope she posts!
Omg lol, so sending standard mail coming out to Colorado, which is more than 11 hours from you was faster?! Craziness.

She will love it and she will post! I just know it. I feel like we are on watch like how we were with @slinka Santee. Lol

Right?? The funny thing is, they were both supposed to be priority. My mom dropped them off at the post office for me and misunderstood. I was bummed thinking yours would take forever. LOL

Ahhh I hope so...going prematurely gray here..

BTW, a little obsessed with the Rose Jam shower gel...I'm definitely going to have to buy more! 

Ok my santee gift was delivered today. I hope it arrived safely and I hope she likes it.
I finally woke up after a 12 hour overnight shift and a 9am appointment to my fiancé coming in the room at 6 to wake up me. What's the first thing I ask? "Ya check the mail yet?" "Yeah, you got a big box downstairs, doesn't look like it's from a company." "My Secret Santa gift is heeeeeeere!!!!" And then I ran downstairs to tear it open. My Secret Santa is [@]Jac13[/@]!!! And I love, love, love everything!!!! She hit the nail on the head and I'm completely smitten with my new goodies! I'm going to a party tonight and am very excited to try them out! Since my wifi is down, I'm going to post the reveal while I am at work tomorrow night. It's quite picture heavy. Jennifer, you are so thoughtful! Down to the wrapping paper. You picked things I am so excited to use and play with! I can't wait to squeal my excitement all over the reveal thread! Thank you so much!!!!
  • Like 1

Y'all. This has nothing to do with SS, but I have to share somewhere. The mister and I exchanged gifts tonight. Among other things, I had a box full of makeup products I mentioned in my many rambling about MUT. This dude got me the tarte of giving, tarte gorgeous getaways, benefit how to look the best at everything, sephora coconut shower gel (he must've heard me ohhing and ahhing over my $1 sephora fillers), gimme some lip set, porefessional, new clarisonic brush head, beauty blender, ud revolution lipstick.... And he even got one of the blitz bags. Praise Jesus for this dude. Hahaha!

• Like 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnorth1852 View Post

Y'all. This has nothing to do with SS, but I have to share somewhere.

The mister and I exchanged gifts tonight. Among other things, I had a box full of makeup products I mentioned in my many rambling about MUT. This dude got me the tarte of giving, tarte gorgeous getaways, benefit how to look the best at everything, sephora coconut shower gel (he must've heard me ohhing and ahhing over my $1 sephora fillers), gimme some lip set, porefessional, new clarisonic brush head, beauty blender, ud revolution lipstick.... And he even got one of the blitz bags. Praise Jesus for this dude. Hahaha!

Wow!  That is amazing!  Congrats!  He is definitely a keeper! Let us know how everything is!  Colors, swatches etc!

Y'all. This has nothing to do with SS, but I have to share somewhere. The mister and I exchanged gifts tonight. Among other things, I had a box full of makeup products I mentioned in my many rambling about MUT. This dude got me the tarte of giving, tarte gorgeous getaways, benefit how to look the best at everything, sephora coconut shower gel (he must've heard me ohhing and ahhing over my $1 sephora fillers), gimme some lip set, porefessional, new clarisonic brush head, beauty blender, ud revolution lipstick.... And he even got one of the blitz bags. Praise Jesus for this dude. Hahaha!
He's a keeper!!!

Quote:

my GOSH, my Santee's gift has been "out for delivery" for ten hours now. COME ON YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!

Okay, seeing as how it still says out for delivery and it is 10:30 p.m...I'm guessing she's not getting it tonight. :( Which means not til Monday. Which means it will have been almost 2 weeks. Priority mail my ass!

Hi there! If you're my Secret Santa, would you mind dispatching an elf and let me know if my delivery is scheduled soon? We're going out of town for Christmas Monday afternoon and I would like to ask a friend to stop by and pick up the package on my porch if I am going to miss it! It would be much appreciated!!

Okay, seeing as how it still says out for delivery and it is 10:30 p.m...I'm guessing she's not getting it tonight. :( Which means not til Monday. Which means it will have been almost 2 weeks. Priority mail my ass!
That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure if its not delivered within the time frame it's supposed to be (1-3) days for priority you should be eligible for a refund. I would contact the PO about this. Not cool on their part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorotaD View Post

That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure if its not delivered within the time frame it's supposed to be (1-3) days for priority you should be eligible for a refund. I would contact the PO about this. Not cool on their part

Unfortunately, it's only guaranteed if it's Priority Express.  Plain old Priority is specifically not guaranteed.  From https://www.usps.com/making-priority-mail-better.htm#PM5 :

Quote:
 5) Is the scheduled delivery day guaranteed? 
Priority Mail remains a non-guaranteed service. The Postal Service does not provide a money-back guarantee if items sent via Priority Mail fail to arrive by the scheduled delivery date. However, Priority Mail Express continues to provide a money-back guarantee* service for most domestic destinations***.

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, seeing as how it still says out for delivery and it is 10:30 p.m...I'm guessing she's not getting it tonight. frown.gif Which means not til Monday. Which means it will have been almost 2 weeks. Priority mail my ass!

Yeah, that is what I am doing. I've been patient...but this is ridiculous. It'd be a little different if this was something I bought for myself, but my santee is probably sitting there thinking her gift just isn't coming, since she was supposed to have it over a week ago...

I mean, there's running behind, and then there's "2 day delivery becomes 13 day delivery". I'm pissed, and I think I'll start using FedEx or UPS.

I agree it's just unacceptable. I'm sorry you have to go through all this! I'm sure once your girl receives her gift she'll understand :)

Quote:

I agree it's just unacceptable. I'm sorry you have to go through all this! I'm sure once your girl receives her gift she'll understand smile.gif

I have generally had very good luck with the USPS (I have a great mailman) so this is the first time I've really wanted to scream...so I shouldn't complain.

Oh, I hope so! I just don't want the wait to stress her out or suck the fun out of her Secret Santa experience. Ah...well...assuming it shows up Monday, at least it'll be close to actual Christmas?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, seeing as how it still says out for delivery and it is 10:30 p.m...I'm guessing she's not getting it tonight. frown.gif Which means not til Monday. Which means it will have been almost 2 weeks. Priority mail my ass!

Yeah, that is what I am doing. I've been patient...but this is ridiculous. It'd be a little different if this was something I bought for myself, but my santee is probably sitting there thinking her gift just isn't coming, since she was supposed to have it over a week ago...

I mean, there's running behind, and then there's "2 day delivery becomes 13 day delivery". I'm pissed, and I think I'll start using FedEx or UPS.

The problem is that this was the year where the hubs (sorting facilities) they promised to shut down were indeed shut down (in May/June). As a result of closing those hub all those packages now go through fewer hubs. In my state we lost several hubs including the one at the local main post office. Here's an example of how the mail here use to go.

I would have a package for Bill to pick up and he'd be by 2:30 PM to pick it up. By 5 PM it would be at the main post office. From there it would be sorted and then shipped to the next hub nearest the destination. From that hub to the next post office (if the destination wasn't at the next hub) then delivered to the person... All within two days, four at most during the holidays if Friday, Saturday or Monday was a holiday. NOW once it gets to the local post office it's placed on a train and at midnight shipped up to Spokane then to Lewiston, ID then to the next hub. It adds one at least one extra day so two-day priority becomes three but most times it's a minimum of four days and up to a week. With the holidays it adds on another two to four days so that previous delay of three days could easily become five to eight days.

And the post office wonders why they're losing money? Hmm... could it be instead of firing management who earn $100,000+ they choose to close hubs down under the assumption that they're saving around $500,000 per hub. The problem is with delays, damaged goods (that have insurance on it) and lost packages people will continue to turn to UPS, DHL and FedEx to ship packages. If they want to save money they need to ditch employees that earn over $100,000 at management level. District and Regional managers pays need to be cut back drastically and they will have the money to reopen the hubs and hire more lower-level employees instead of working their postal works until 11 PM at night delivering mail.

I finally woke up after a 12 hour overnight shift and a 9am appointment to my fiancé coming in the room at 6 to wake up me. What's the first thing I ask? "Ya check the mail yet?" "Yeah, you got a big box downstairs, doesn't look like it's from a company." "My Secret Santa gift is heeeeeeere!!!!" And then I ran downstairs to tear it open. My Secret Santa is [@]Jac13[/@]!!! And I love, love, love everything!!!! She hit the nail on the head and I'm completely smitten with my new goodies! I'm going to a party tonight and am very excited to try them out! Since my wifi is down, I'm going to post the reveal while I am at work tomorrow night. It's quite picture heavy. Jennifer, you are so thoughtful! Down to the wrapping paper. You picked things I am so excited to use and play with! I can't wait to squeal my excitement all over the reveal thread! Thank you so much!!!!
Yaaaay!!! I am soooo glad you received it. I am glad you like it. I was trying to go with colors so you can create a hunger games look. Have fun at the party.
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem is that this was the year where the hubs (sorting facilities) they promised to shut down were indeed shut down (in May/June). As a result of closing those hub all those packages now go through fewer hubs. In my state we lost several hubs including the one at the local main post office. Here's an example of how the mail here use to go.

I would have a package for Bill to pick up and he'd be by 2:30 PM to pick it up. By 5 PM it would be at the main post office. From there it would be sorted and then shipped to the next hub nearest the destination. From that hub to the next post office (if the destination wasn't at the next hub) then delivered to the person... All within two days, four at most during the holidays if Friday, Saturday or Monday was a holiday. NOW once it gets to the local post office it's placed on a train and at midnight shipped up to Spokane then to Lewiston, ID then to the next hub. It adds one at least one extra day so two-day priority becomes three but most times it's a minimum of four days and up to a week. With the holidays it adds on another two to four days so that previous delay of three days could easily become five to eight days.

And the post office wonders why they're losing money? Hmm... could it be instead of firing management who earn $100,000+ they choose to close hubs down under the assumption that they're saving around $500,000 per hub. The problem is with delays, damaged goods (that have insurance on it) and lost packages people will continue to turn to UPS, DHL and FedEx to ship packages. If they want to save money they need to ditch employees that earn over $100,000 at management level. District and Regional managers pays need to be cut back drastically and they will have the money to reopen the hubs and hire more lower-level employees instead of working their postal works until 11 PM at night delivering mail.

So ridiculous :( 

@yousoldtheworld your not alone in this, I was excited to see my gift going out for delivery finally this morning only to find out its still has the same status up until now and I think my nail santee is growing inpatient and I feel awful about it because it's out of my control. I just hope it gets to her safely and hope the wait is worth it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

I'm a little concerned. My Santee's gift was delivered yesterday and still... no word. 

I had also sent something a week or two ago and I haven't heard anything about that either. :(

Hi @jannie135 I got your gift! I'm just returning late night from a short trip out of own and I see it here, and I'M SO EXCITED TO OPEN IT, THANK YOU!! 

Full reveal pics will be up tomorrow afternoon for sure.  Oh and I did get your lovely chocolates but I didn't see your MUT name on there so I wasn't sure who to thank, hope it wasn't too stressful that I didn't post about that! I definitely enjoyed them to the fullest :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinafeminista View Post

Hi @jannie135 I got your gift! I'm just returning late night from a short trip out of own and I see it here, and I'M SO EXCITED TO OPEN IT, THANK YOU!! 

Full reveal pics will be up tomorrow afternoon for sure.  Oh and I did get your lovely chocolates but I didn't see your MUT name on there so I wasn't sure who to thank, hope it wasn't too stressful that I didn't post about that! I definitely enjoyed them to the fullest :) 

YAY!!! I was afraid they were being snatched! I didn't want to give myself away with the first box... so I didn't put anything on it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

YAY!!! I was afraid they were being snatched! I didn't want to give myself away with the first box... so I didn't put anything on it lol

In retrospect, that totally makes sense :)  It was such a nice touch though, it made me super excited for what was to come and I was having a really stressful week at work so it was glorious timing! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura83 View Post

@yousoldtheworld your not alone in this, I was excited to see my gift going out for delivery finally this morning only to find out its still has the same status up until now and I think my nail santee is growing inpatient and I feel awful about it because it's out of my control. I just hope it gets to her safely and hope the wait is worth it. 

Aw, on one hand, I'm glad to not be alone here...on the other hand, I'm sorry you're dealing with this frustration, too.

Here's what it says now:

COME ON....

@zadidoll I couldn't have said it better myself. My mom and I are always arguing this same thing. The management that does pretty much nothing gets such a high salary and the carriers are underpaid and very overworked and get yelled at by customers as well as their supervisors on a daily basis. No wonder there's the whole thing about going "postal"!