Seasonal makeup looks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering how many ladies here change their makeup look with the seasons.  Do you have a look you wear all year round and do a special look for special events?  Do you change looks from day to day according to mood?  I have one look and this is my second week.  I feel comfortable with it and am kinda unsure about changing it.  It's a confidence issue. 

I tend to go in phases that I sort of rotate.

For example, this summer I was doing a bold eyeshadow color but applied wet as eyeliner, with a specific neutral pink blush, and lip gloss. The color of the eye shadow changed, but I think I wore that basic formula 3 or 4 days a week for a couple weeks in a row at least.

I also really like to wear one color on my lid, blended into my crease, with no eyeliner on my eyes.

I would really love to play with more dimensional looks, like the smokey eyes, colorful smokey eyes especially, but I always feel confused as to what colors will look okay with whatever color outfit I have on. I feel like I try to match it too much sometimes.

I think I have the confidence concerns as well. I will stick with things I know (or at least think I know) look good on me rather than experimenting too much, particularly if I am going out. I think as my skills improve, maybe I will try more. I have started watching YouTube tutorials a lot again and that seems to be helping me get ideas.

I have one main look that is my signature look, but it is a semi-dramatic look, so I tend to change around based on my mood. I mostly wear neutrals and black eyeshadows, so those are year-round friendly.

When you are just starting out with makeup, it's good to figure out one look and learn to get the techniques required for it really well done. Once you have one down-pat, you can start branching into others because you have the one you can always fall-back on if you are unsure of what new look to try.

Also, I suggest you start-out working with only neutral shades; then, once you have built up some skill and confidence, start throwing in color and drama!

My signature look/main look is pretty much based on how much time I have in the morning :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

But at the very basic I do a cat eye / liquid liner. More recently I've been doing more colorful looks. I'm about to transition to red/ dark color lippies for fall :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so excited to wear dark plums, burgundy etc. 

as long as you feel comfortable in your look then you should rock it ! Experiment a little. I need to get used to wearing lip-stuff because I rarely do. But I've been hoarding lipsticks left and right, figured I should start lol. 

Quote: Originally Posted by banapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My signature look/main look is pretty much based on how much time I have in the morning :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

But at the very basic I do a cat eye / liquid liner. More recently I've been doing more colorful looks. I'm about to transition to red/ dark color lippies for fall :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so excited to wear dark plums, burgundy etc. 

as long as you feel comfortable in your look then you should rock it ! Experiment a little. I need to get used to wearing lip-stuff because I rarely do. But I've been hoarding lipsticks left and right, figured I should start lol. 
I am only wearing a rose color on my lips.  I so want to do deep reds or burgundy..  I have been wearing my hair up in a twist or a bun for work, so i'm not hiding my face at all..  My face is out there for all to see. 

Quote: Originally Posted by CandyLipstick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have one main look that is my signature look, but it is a semi-dramatic look, so I tend to change around based on my mood. I mostly wear neutrals and black eyeshadows, so those are year-round friendly.

When you are just starting out with makeup, it's good to figure out one look and learn to get the techniques required for it really well done. Once you have one down-pat, you can start branching into others because you have the one you can always fall-back on if you are unsure of what new look to try.

Also, I suggest you start-out working with only neutral shades; then, once you have built up some skill and confidence, start throwing in color and drama!
I am doing neutral shades now i guess..  and wearing eyeliner and mascara..  I do need more drama especially if I start dating.

Latest posts

Back