Secret Santa Rules 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Secret Santa 2013

It's back for 2013! The rules are essentially the same as in 2012 with only a couple of minor changes/additions.

Secret Santa rules:
  • Sign ups for Secret Santa will begin November 1, 2013 and last through November 15, 2013. This is a two week window to sign up. (May be extended to November 22, 2013 depending on how many people sign up.)

• After signing up please PRIVATE MESSAGE me your personal information (name, address and country) no later than November 16, 2013 so I can share that info with your Secret Santa on November 16, 2013. Your Secret Santa will be assigned to you on that date.

• Please indicate if you're unable to ship to a foreign country.

• If you have an allergies please make sure to let me know in your PM so I can inform your Secret Santa.

• Gifts must be sent out between December 1, 2013 and December 16, 2013. This gives members approximately a two week window to shop or place an order. (If deadline is extended this will also be extended several days. To be determined.)

• Shipping priority is not mandatory but for most it may be the best option since it includes a tracking #. If you use Paypal to ship there are 1st class options that may be less expensive and will typically include free tracking.

• A tracking # is not mandatory when mailing within the US to another US address however it is highly recommended for your own records. If shipping from the post office and you ship 1st class I think it's an 80 cent add on. (It's part of Paypal's shipping option.) You don't have to give the gift recipient the tracking # as it's more for your own records.
    Note: International traders, tracking may or may be available.

• Total gift value should be approximately $25 (give or take $5).

• Item(s) must be NEW and never used, swatched or opened.

• Open to international traders HOWEVER note that gift receiver is responsible for any import fees, duties or taxes (if any). Also international shipping takes longer - up to 12 weeks depending on where the person lives and how it was mailed.

• Once you sign up please do not back out as it will cause problems with the assignment list.

• Please identify your USERNAME to the person you're giving a gift to avoid any confusion.

General rules:
  • Members who participate must have a minimum of 50 posts.
  • Must be a member of MUT for at least one month (since October 1, 2013).
  • Members must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or no negative trade ratings.

Edited: I've extended the deadline to December 16 since December 15, 2013 is a Sunday.

We've had a few people who are outside of the US and Canada join last year and this year we may have a few overseas traders again. Please note that once sign ups begin it's VERY important you list if you're unable to ship outside your own country and I will pair you up as best as I can. If there are no Secret Santas in your country you may be paired with someone in a neighboring country or you will be given the option to back out before the lists are finalized on November 1 15.

For those in the US please note that the USPS has a Postage Price calculator that can give you a rough estimate on shipping costs.

http://postcalc.usps.com/

For those with a Paypal account it's advised if you ship priority or First Class within the US to use Paypal as shipping is typically less expensive than shipping via UPS or mailing directly through the Post Office.

I did look up a few countries to see what the international shipping rates would be and most are between $20 to $25 for a small international priority box and between $15 to $22 for 1st class international shipping for a package between 1 to 1½ pounds. So please be aware of the shipping cost when indicating if you're willing to ship outside your country.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We've had a few people who are outside of the US and Canada join last year and this year we may have a few overseas traders again. Please note that once sign ups begin it's VERY important you list if you're unable to ship outside your own country and I will pair you up as best as I can. If there are no Secret Santas in your country you may be paired with someone in a neighboring country or you will be given the option to back out before the lists are finalized on November 1.

For those in the US please note that the USPS has a Postage Price calculator that can give you a rough estimate on shipping costs.

http://postcalc.usps.com/

For those with a Paypal account it's advised if you ship priority or First Class within the US to use Paypal as shipping is typically less expensive than shipping via UPS or mailing directly through the Post Office.

I did look up a few countries to see what the international shipping rates would be and most are between $20 to $25 for a small international priority box and between $15 to $22 for 1st class international shipping for a package between 1 to 1½ pounds. So please be aware of the shipping cost when indicating if you're willing to ship outside your country.

I'm confused- at the top it says sign up begins on november 1st but here you say the lists are finalized november 1st?  Just checking because I don't want to miss out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by athenatree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This sounds like fun, I only hope I can get my post count up in order to participate you can do it.  .
You only have 10 more posts.  You can do it.
yess.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You only have 10 more posts.  You can do it.
yess.gif

Oh thanks for the encouragement - and with this post I should have 50!  That wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be.  I think I've found a new addiction
icon_razz.gif
.  I love to shop and so far mainly have boys/men to shop for, so buying some girly girl items for a change will be great fun.

So im totally in! Can't wait to sign up Nov 1st! Giving Secret Santa gifts are one of my favorite things to do around Christmas time. 

The moderating team and I have been asked over the last few weeks if exceptions would be made. Unfortunately the answer is no. If I made an exception for one person then I would have to make exceptions for everyone. What would the point of the rules then be? So I will be going through the list of those who signed up to make sure they meet the requirements for Secret Santa and anyone who does not I will unfortunately have to reject your request to join this year.

Latest posts

Back