Birchbox Local - Chelsea Market 9/12 - 9/16

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are a few posts about this in the September thread, but I figured I'd start a separate thread for all the NYers out there...  

Went today at lunchtime, just assuming we were buying boxes to fill ($15 for 5 samples) but found out they had 2 promos going on...

#1 - spend $50 on any items they were selling and get a free box to fill.

#2 - spend $15 on a treatment (nails, hair touchup, makeup touchup) and get a free box to fill.  (i think this was the deal - we knew we werent doing that, so we didnt pay a ton of attention...)

My friend and I both ended up spending $50 on products (and managed to scam a random ~ 20% discount that we still haven't figured out) and got free boxes.

Most of the birchbox staples were for sale - a few amika products, a few eyekos, some stila stuff (including the lights palette), the beauty protector, etc.

Samples included some foil packs but also included beauty blenders, full sized mascaras, travel sized smashbox primers, generous DDF eye treatment & pore minimizer, a number of full sized lip glosses/gloss pencils, etc.  

All in all, definitely worth the trip if you are in the area.  It wasn't super crowded, but I suspect after work/weekends might be a bit more traffic-heavy...  Runs through Monday.  Definitely take advantage of the food at Chelsea Market while you are there - the place is AMAZING.

Is this still going on tomorrow? If so do you know the time? Do I have to make an appointment first? Thanks for answering my questions! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by QMGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is this still going on tomorrow? If so do you know the time? Do I have to make an appointment first? Thanks for answering my questions! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It better be! I signed up for an apt for tomorrow at 12pm! Haha! :) 

A question for those of you who went to the pop-up shop. Did you get points for the purchases you made there? I was told that I would get the points but they haven't been credited to my account yet. Did anyone get points?

I definitely did not get points...  But no one told me I was going to, so I wasn't expecting them...  DId anyoen else?

I received points for my purchase. One of them went through automatically although it took about a week. Another one didn't probably because the cashier didn't ask for my email the second time I went back to link the purchase to my BB account. I emailed my online receipt to CS and they were able to manually apply the points to my account.

hmm...  Interesting...  Now i have to decide if its worth emailing them about mine - as I mentioned, my friend and I scammed a random discount and I'm afraid they'll try to take it back based on how it reads on the receipt!

I got this message from Birchbox re. points for my purchase: Hi there, Thank you so much for shopping at Birchbox Local! We'd love to add Birchbox Points to your account for your purchase. Unfortunately, the email address you provided does not match up with a subscription. Can you please provide your full name and the email address associated with your Birchbox Account? Hope to hear from you soon! XO, Team Birchbox

Latest posts

Back