AshJs3

The Stitch Fix Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkstone View Post

My Stitchfix came a day early. Guess it was a birthday present! :P 

This is my second Stitchfix and I requested the same stylist as my first. With this box, I think that was the right decision because she's definitely getting a feel for my style.

I got the Sophia Skinny Jeans ($88) - I love how I've never been able to find a pair of skinny jeans that works on me but someone who's never met me before is able to find a pair that's flattering and fits! How does that work? These jeans were ultra-comfy but a bit long. That was what put me on the fence but I googled and found the same pair for $25 cheaper on Amazon! And I'll also check Nordstrom, thanks to this thread. So I'm sending these back.

Salvatore Crochet Detailed V-neck Shirt ($58) - When I pulled this out of the box, I thought I was going to hate it. I love crochet details but they're on the shoulders! The placement seemed a little awkward. But then I tried it on and the shirt looked great! It was comfortable and put a nice spin on a casual look. The crochet details on the shoulders weren't awkward-looking at all. I don't know if it comes through on the picture but it's actually a grey-purple color and looked nice on me. Unfortunately, I checked the label and it's dry clean only. You can handwash it but upon closer inspection, I realized the reason why dry cleaning was recommended is because of the seams down the front of the shirt. They're the kind that will fray with regular washing. I have no time for that! Sending back.

Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse ($48) - Another I thought I was going to hate. It's a blouse! Having seen this one show up in other StitchFix reviews, I was fairly sure I was going to swim in it. But this is why you try everything on. The hunter green was great and the fit was perfect. (Who knew?) It looked great with the Kensie skinnies, a pair of my own bootcut jeans, and a denim miniskirt! Tucked, untucked, I loved it. I knew it was going to be a keeper when I started accessorizing. This is going to be a versatile piece. Keeping!

Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan ($48) - I loved the color. This was the perfect spring piece. But while it fit great, it's just too long on me. If it weren't open in the front, it could have been a dress. Too bad. Sending back.

Sansa Dotted Chevron Print 3/4 Sleeve Dress ($48) - Cute dress except the V-neck is rather unfortunate on me. When I bend over, you can see straight to my belly button. Super awkward. I also don't like how towards the bottom of the dress, the pattern forms in a way that makes it look like there's a line? The photo shows what I mean. It bothered me. Sending back.

Looks like you received a nice fix.  The crochet V-neck blouse looks nice.  Too bad it's dry clean only.  I see what you mean about the dress.  It looks like there is a seam or something going across the bottom that breaks the pattern.  Glad you found a few pieces you like though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsealynn View Post

I see what you mean about the dress.  It looks like there is a seam or something going across the bottom that breaks the pattern.

And it's not a seam too! It's part of the pattern, which kind of drove me crazy.

I got my second fix today. I liked this fix more than what I liked the first one. I need your help in figuring out what to keep.

Pomelo Oxford Layered Chains Necklace ($52)- Its a pretty necklace but I don't like the length for this type of chain.

Andrew Marc Jesteen Cap Sleeve Sheath Dress ($138) - This is the most expensive item in my fix. I really liked the dress, but it fits a bit too tight. I would definitely keep it if it were one size bigger.

Ark n Co Gunther Asymetrical Stripe Cotton Fit & Flre Dress ($48) - I like this dress and it is very comfortable. I think it makes me look a little bit bigger than what I am at the hips. I already have big hips, which I personally like, but with that said, I do not want to make them look bigger than what they are. I'm not sure what to do with this one. I really like it. I would realy love to get your thoughts on this one to help me decide.

41Hawthorn Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse ($48) - I ike this shirt and I received a similar one in my first fix, so not sure if I should keep it. I also have a shirt of similar color and fabric from Express. What do you guys think?

Tart Cicely Mixed-Striped Long Sleeve Top ($68) - I like this shirt, but I just can't justify the price. Should I keep it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

I got my second fix today. I liked this fix more than what I liked the first one. I need your help in figuring out what to keep.

Pomelo Oxford Layered Chains Necklace ($52)- Its a pretty necklace but I don't like the length for this type of chain.

Andrew Marc Jesteen Cap Sleeve Sheath Dress ($138) - This is the most expensive item in my fix. I really liked the dress, but it fits a bit too tight. I would definitely keep it if it were one size bigger.

Ark n Co Gunther Asymetrical Stripe Cotton Fit & Flre Dress ($48) - I like this dress and it is very comfortable. I think it makes me look a little bit bigger than what I am at the hips. I already have big hips, which I personally like, but with that said, I do not want to make them look bigger than what they are. I'm not sure what to do with this one. I really like it. I would realy love to get your thoughts on this one to help me decide.

41Hawthorn Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse ($48) - I ike this shirt and I received a similar one in my first fix, so not sure if I should keep it. I also have a shirt of similar color and fabric from Express. What do you guys think?

Tart Cicely Mixed-Striped Long Sleeve Top ($68) - I like this shirt, but I just can't justify the price. Should I keep it?

If it were my fix, I would only keep the fit & flare dress. First, it's AMAZING. Second, the price is pretty great. Third, I don't think it makes your hips look wide at all. If anything, it just accentuates how pretty your shape is and how tiny your waist is!

The tab sleeve blouse is beautiful, and I'm certainly a sucker for that style, but if you already have something similar, I'd say pass. And I wouldn't pay $68 for the striped shirt, but I'm stingy!

Just my two cents! Great fix! Let us know what you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post

If it were my fix, I would only keep the fit & flare dress. First, it's AMAZING. Second, the price is pretty great. Third, I don't think it makes your hips look wide at all. If anything, it just accentuates how pretty your shape is and how tiny your waist is!

The tab sleeve blouse is beautiful, and I'm certainly a sucker for that style, but if you already have something similar, I'd say pass. And I wouldn't pay $68 for the striped shirt, but I'm stingy!

Just my two cents! Great fix! Let us know what you decide!

These were my thoughts exactly!  I love the striped dress on you, it looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsealynn View Post

Yes!  This happened to me with my fix I received today.  Seen I was getting a denim jacket and I just do not like them! 

how can you see what your getting before your box comes? or is it a total suprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysurfajk View Post

how can you see what your getting before your box comes? or is it a total suprise?

If you already have your fix scheduled, simply log into your account :) There won't be pictures, so you'll have to google!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelshine View Post

If you already have your fix scheduled, simply log into your account :) There won't be pictures, so you'll have to google!

Just did thanks, I think I might have to buy all my stuff, im getting a WILFRED ABSTRACT PRINT TANK that im real excited to see and a CLOVERDALE STRIPED SHORT SLEEVE BLOUSE and TIFFANI BELTED RACER BACK MAXI DRESS we will see how they fit.

Got my first Stitch Fix box yesterday! 

Under Skies Maricel Fit & Flare Dress: I like this, but not sure where I would wear it. Debating keeping it.

Renee C Percey Abstract V-Neck Sleeveless Blouse: I want to love this one. I love the pattern but I'm unsure about the neck line. I feel like it's kind of funny looking.

Under Skies Ravenna Pintuck Peplum Silk Top: I love the color of this. On it's own I don't really love it, but it looked really cute when I tried it under a black sweater. However, it is 100% silk and dry clean only. That's not going to work with two young children always putting their messy hands on me. This one is going back.

Papermoom Wynn Ikat Print Front Pocket Blouse: When I pulled this out of the box, I though "Yuck!" but after trying it on I do like it. I think this will be a keeper.

Kensie Jeans Mary-Kate High Rise Skinny Jean: My #1 request for this fix was a pair of skinny jeans and these fit! They are a little long, but that's par for the coarse when you're only 4'11. Even petite pants usually need to be hemmed for me. These I am keeping and bringing to my tailor to be hemmed.

I got my second fix today. I liked this fix more than what I liked the first one. I need your help in figuring out what to keep. Pomelo Oxford Layered Chains Necklace ($52)- Its a pretty necklace but I don't like the length for this type of chain. LL Andrew Marc Jesteen Cap Sleeve Sheath Dress ($138) - This is the most expensive item in my fix. I really liked the dress, but it fits a bit too tight. I would definitely keep it if it were one size bigger. LL LL Ark n Co Gunther Asymetrical Stripe Cotton Fit & Flre Dress ($48) - I like this dress and it is very comfortable. I think it makes me look a little bit bigger than what I am at the hips. I already have big hips, which I personally like, but with that said, I do not want to make them look bigger than what they are. I'm not sure what to do with this one. I really like it. I would realy love to get your thoughts on this one to help me decide. LL LL 41Hawthorn Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse ($48) - I ike this shirt and I received a similar one in my first fix, so not sure if I should keep it. I also have a shirt of similar color and fabric from Express. What do you guys think? LL Tart Cicely Mixed-Striped Long Sleeve Top ($68) - I like this shirt, but I just can't justify the price. Should I keep it? LL
I'm behind on this, but I love the striped dress!! It looks like a Zooey Dechanel dress. (I think her style is super cute) =)

I am absolutely appalled with their company. They are unresponsive to emails and they sent me ALL $78 items  (besides a $50 necklace)when I asked for the cheapest items. I can't believe I wasted $20 on this company :(

I just noticed on some blogs that girls who chose HIGHER priced options than me got items priced lower than mine. Needless to say, I will be canceling, and I sent them an unhappy email.

I just received my second fix and it was just awful. I think I had high expectations because I kept all 5 items in my first week. I am keeping one item in this fix. I am not a fan of prints or dry clean blouses - both are comments in my profile. I received two printed blouses that we awful. I have seen others receive fixes that were completely off... I need to vent my disappointment a bit. The next available schedule date was mid-April. I don't think this stylist read my profile or looked at my pinterest :(

I'm sorry you had a bad fix glitter hips!

In other news, their Customer service finally got back to me and was completely unhelpful/unsympathetic. Which means I will definitely be canceling :(

Their Customer Service is terrible. I had a bad experience with them my first time around. I travel for work and wasn't clear on the return policy. They scolded me for scheduling a fix while I was out of town, never answered my question, and never looked at my account. Took them several days to respond after I checked out and they didn't notice I bought all 5 items. Check out this comments on Facebook, especially about customer service. I'm trying again only because I like the concept and have seen others receive cute items I haven't seen in stores near me.

Java and Glitter- Do you also get Golden Tote? Curious how the service and customer service compares. (By someone who uses both companies) Thanks

Yes I have received two totes.., December and January. Golden Tote has 5 star customer service. They do make mistakes but they are so nice and do everything to make it right. They pay attention to comments. I have seen several items in totes that I have seen as older stitch fix items. Golden tote seems more young and a casual ca vibe. Like them on facebook and take a look at the comments and their responses. There are also swap groups here and on fb, I think stitch fix has more variety. There are numerous complaints about customer service on fb. They seem nice about scheduling but they are not. The fix this month for me was so bad. Also golden tote is not a subscription service.

Price is also a significant difference. The links to the blouses above that I'm still amazed they sent me are priced at $88 and $68. Those tops are just awful to me. The fabric was crepe pokyester.nothing good about them!

I don't have golden tote, but I have Le Tote (netflix type clothing subscription and you can still keep what you want and be charged a REASONABLE price. same brands as stitch fix but 40-50% less expensive). Their CS is AMAZING, they always offer extra items in their totes or credits when things aren't going right.

I told stitch fix i'd be canceling and they were basically like "Okay, thanks for your support." 

They don't care about their customers and won't fight to keep them. Which is a shame because I could have spent $100 a month on them if they had been nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterhips View Post

Price is also a significant difference. The links to the blouses above that I'm still amazed they sent me are priced at $88 and $68. Those tops are just awful to me. The fabric was crepe pokyester.nothing good about them!

yes i'm fairly positive they markup everything. i've seen many of these brands elsewhere for cheaper. I get the same type of shirts and same brands of shirts for $32-38 at le tote.