Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

Ipsy: NYX Single Eyeshadows in the September Glambag

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

Went to Ulta today & bought their LAST True Taupe!  It... is... GORGEOUS!!!

 

I went yesterday to my Ulta and they had Taupe, but not True Taupe. They were pretty picked over since they were on sale. I did score a Flamingo for a friend though, which is one of my favorite NYX colors! I will have to go back when they restock.

 

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try :icon_roll 

 

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little sad seeing everyone trading their shadows directly with Nyx. They are only able to do it for US subscribers. Maybe I should contact the Canadian Nyx to see if they'd switch for me. I got Hollywood, which is a glittery white. I'd really love Rust. Anyone have a Rust they'd be willing to trade with me? Maybe someone would picked it up at the Ulta sale (which is a store we don't have in Canada)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ButterflyGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try :icon_roll

 

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!

 

Hmmm that's a good question! I think I will go by there and ask! Thanks!

 

Those drawer things are really weird! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to swatch too! Very odd set up. The drawers at my Ulta were close to empty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my package from NYX last night!  I was super excited to receive the lacy bag, makeup puff, and the eyeshadow.  I requested the eyeshadow in Flamingo which looked like a beautiful color from the swatches I looked at online.  Unfortunately in person it lacked the pigmentation I was hoping for.  I have light skin so I don't know if maybe it would show up better on different skin tones.  For me it was almost invisible.  So disappointed.  :icon_sad:  Maybe if I get their eyeshadow pencil in Milk and use that as a base, it would show up better?  I was expecting a little more quality wise but overall I'm still very impressed with their customer service and will continue to try other products of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
 

I got my package from NYX last night!  I was super excited to receive the lacy bag, makeup puff, and the eyeshadow.  I requested the eyeshadow in Flamingo which looked like a beautiful color from the swatches I looked at online.  Unfortunately in person it lacked the pigmentation I was hoping for.  I have light skin so I don't know if maybe it would show up better on different skin tones.  For me it was almost invisible.  So disappointed.  :icon_sad:  Maybe if I get their eyeshadow pencil in Milk and use that as a base, it would show up better?  I was expecting a little more quality wise but overall I'm still very impressed with their customer service and will continue to try other products of theirs.

 

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try :icon_roll

 

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!

 

Hmmm that's a good question! I think I will go by there and ask! Thanks!

 

Those drawer things are really weird! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to swatch too! Very odd set up. The drawers at my Ulta were close to empty!

 

I visited an Ulta yesterday. The NYX shadows were in drawers, almost all gone and a complete mess. Some products cracked and getting all over. It's usually much neater than that. You can either try another location, Target for a color check or order online at NYX or Ulta.com. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

 

I've been wanting to try the Milk pencil for a really long time now so I guess this is a sign I need to go buy it already.  Lol.  Do you still wear primer underneath the eye pencil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

 

I've been wanting to try the Milk pencil for a really long time now so I guess this is a sign I need to go buy it already.  Lol.  Do you still wear primer underneath the eye pencil?

 

I don't, because to me it acts as a primer (my eyeshadow lasts all day over it).  I've heard some people still use primer, though... I guess just experiment and see what works for you! :smilehappyyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine too in Aloha, I love the color and received the puff as well. I just love their black lace bags too. have an order coming from them any day as well A++++++++ Customer service. thanks NYX!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote to them this week, and even this late in the process, they were very kind and are sending me Mellow Yellow! Surprised that they didn't want my original Ipsy back, but it is very sweet of them.

 

I told my husband that NYX just bought my heart and loyalty with a $5 eyeshadow, and he told me that maybe I shouldn't be so proud of that. (He doesn't "get" makeup.)  But I don't mind at all! This kind of customer service seriously works. If it comes down to a choosing between similar products, NYX is totally going to win my vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NYX came through for me.  Sent me a Copper to replace my Cryptonite.  Copper is a lovely color for fall.  I was so happy with NYX I ran to Ulta during their NYX sale and spent an obscene amount of money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×