Yellow hair emergency!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello so I've bleached my hair twice and it's still yellow! The first time it was very orange and coppery. The second time it's mostly yellow. I need my hair to match my #90 platinum Foxy Locks extensions. I used ion bleaching powder and ion 40 developer for sensitive scalp. I know what you're thinking, 40 developer TWICE?? Suprisingly my hair isn't too brittle. But it is yellow. An that's a problem, because I've skipped school twice now to avoid embarrassment. I need recommendations ASAP of what to do. I talked to ladies at Sally's multiple times and I keep getting different answers. At first I thought it would be bleach your hair, then come in and we will find you a toner that will make your hair white :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hah, no. So now I'm in this big mesh and I don't know what to do. My mother is already upset at how much she has spent already and really doesn't want to spend much more. I do have Generic shimmer lights shampoo but I don't think that'll take care of it completely. Help me please!! Also I am not looking to use bleach again and I tried using an ion hair color which did absolutely nothing.

I wish I could help you, but I'm completely uneducated in terms of hair- I've only ever bleached my hair once, and that was many many years ago, and I have natural red hair so it didn't take much to get it light.

BUT - I do suggest, instead of missing school, maybe invest in a wig if it's that bad? My main advice is to go see a professional- They'll surely know what to do. That or just dye it a darker color and forget the extensions for a while.

Sorry :/

Hopefully you've found a solution by now, if not, good luck!

I'm not an expert but I thought a purple toner or purple conditioner helps with that? Maybe I'm wrong

You should tone your hair, but I would actually suggest going to a salon. Toners alone are usually around $30 and the colorist could best match which to use. I used to be platinum for about 6 years in my early 20's and in my experimentation, I have used purple toners that did turn my hair purple and it was hard to get rid of. Shimmer lights will help with the upkeep though!

Back