Knotty Hair Issue

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm so frustrated about my hair issue I've been having for about a year now. Basically, I started getting "dirty blonde" hair when I entered my teen years and missed my lighter blonde hair so I started getting my hair highlighted at the salon about 11 years ago.

I've always had stick straight hair and it has always been oily to where I have to wash it every single day (or I should because it looks so dirty if I don't). Things haven't changed other than the fact that it's now EXTREMELY knotty after I get out of the shower even when I use conditioners (tried multiple brands) and sprays that are supposed to help with this issue. I've tried so many that I can't remember them all.

Does anyone have this issue and resolved it with a particular product? I know highlighting my hair isn't ideal, but I don't want to go back to a darker blonde. I'm just at a loss on what to do and don't know what to use.

Thanks for any help!

Brianna

Hi!

My hair is not like yours...at all...it's very frizzy, course, dry, thick and red...but it gets knots like no other!

My hair usually gets knots after being tied up, and the concentration is around the hair-tie area (And yes, these are ouchless type of ties). Maybe this could be contributing to your problem?

Also-Do you brush your hair before showering? This is a must for me. It definitely helps for after the shower.

I don't have color-treated hair, but most shampoos are not suitable for colored hair, are you using a sulphate (I think this is the word I' looking for) free shampoo/conditioner?

also - there is a brush on the market that is supposed to work to detangle hair, and I hear it works! so maybe look into that?

Good luck - sorry that I'm not the exact help you were looking for, but hopefully I might have suggested something you haven't tried?

Thanks for your suggestions, slinka! I've never thought of the hair tie thing, but it does make sense & that's exactly where I get the most knots. I've been using shampoos that say "safe for color treated hair," but I'm not sure if they are sulfate free. Also, I do brush my hair before I take showers which seems to help a little. I'll have to research more to find out the best products to use. Thank you so much for your help!

Back