Sample Society October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am jumping up and down; dancing on the ceiling; running through the house screaming.......... yep, I know it's a little extreme over one spoiler but it's just not any old spoiler, it's another brand that I get to experience my "very first" of!  What an awesome feeling! Oh shoot, this can become quite addictive...

Is there a wait list for this sub?  When would I need to sign up to get the Oct box?  

Cause I would happily take ANY of those 4 colors!

Is there a wait list for this sub?  When would I need to sign up to get the Oct box?   Cause I would happily take ANY of those 4 colors!
I don't think there is a wait list. Sign up before the 30th, they usually charge the last day of the month and ship the first Monday. They ship ups ground, I get my box in two days.

I was going to cancel but I'm so glad I waited.  Until a few months ago I hardly wore nail polish. Now I'm building up my collection.  I've never tried Butter London yet and am excited to see if it's as great as everyone says.  I did get it in the last SS bag but I got Cheeky Chops and I don't do yellow so I traded it.  I would love any of these colors!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Posting spoiler for Oct boxes here:

A sneak peek just for our Facebook fans!

October's #SampleSociety boxes will include one of these gorgeous butter LONDON lacquers. Not a member? Sign up here: http://bit.ly/NTtESt

ANNNNDDDD this is why I haven't given up Sample Society yet... they throw this into the mix and I'm like UGH MUST KEEP ALL THE SUBS! I got one before when they sent them out earlier this year so hopefully I don't get the same shade...

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was going to cancel but I'm so glad I waited.  Until a few months ago I hardly wore nail polish. Now I'm building up my collection.  I've never tried Butter London yet and am excited to see if it's as great as everyone says.  I did get it in the last SS bag but I got Cheeky Chops and I don't do yellow so I traded it.  I would love any of these colors!

I also got Cheeky Chops and was very unsure of it at first.  But when I wear it I get TONS of compliments on it.  Much more than any other polish I wear.  Honestly I wasn't in love with the polish, yellow is so streaky and hard to get even but I manage to get a couple good coats of it on my nails and everyone loves it on me.  

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ANNNNDDDD this is why I haven't given up Sample Society yet... they throw this into the mix and I'm like UGH MUST KEEP ALL THE SUBS! I got one before when they sent them out earlier this year so hopefully I don't get the same shade...

Honestly I'd drop Ipsy before I would drop Sample Society.  The fast shipping and higher end samples along with the variety of items are all winners in my book.  Not to say I don't find value in some of the items I get from Ipsy, but their shipping is infuriating to say the least.  

I just rejoined yesterday so now I'm extra pumped to see such an awesome spoiler!!  About to drop Ipsy for good and stick with Sample Society, as well.  

Maaaaan, I really wish I didn't have to drop SS, but I had to do it. I liked my boxes a lot, but I live in an apartment complex that is NOT AT ALL well marked, and no one can ever find our apartment, or anyone else's for that matter. After 2 mis-deliveries from UPS, I had to give it up and avoid UPS as much as possible. I just can't take the chance of them delivering my package to someone else, or just not delivering it at all (both have happened). It's definitely not a Sample Society thing, it's an I hate UPS thing. If it weren't for all those factors I would totally still be subbed! I miss SS!

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maaaaan, I really wish I didn't have to drop SS, but I had to do it. I liked my boxes a lot, but I live in an apartment complex that is NOT AT ALL well marked, and no one can ever find our apartment, or anyone else's for that matter. After 2 mis-deliveries from UPS, I had to give it up and avoid UPS as much as possible. I just can't take the chance of them delivering my package to someone else, or just not delivering it at all (both have happened). It's definitely not a Sample Society thing, it's an I hate UPS thing. If it weren't for all those factors I would totally still be subbed! I miss SS!

Can you get it sent to your office?  That's what I do!

Quote: Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just rejoined yesterday so now I'm extra pumped to see such an awesome spoiler!!  About to drop Ipsy for good and stick with Sample Society, as well.  

Same here.  I'd almost sign up for 2 Sample Society boxes instead of dealing with Ispy drama month after month.  My Ipsy bags have made for good gifts and trading, but DHL shipping is terrible.  

Same here.  I'd almost sign up for 2 Sample Society boxes instead of dealing with Ispy drama month after month.  My Ipsy bags have made for good gifts and trading, but DHL shipping is terrible.  

Except I'm having problems hitting that "cancel sub" button!!

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately, my office is my house. :/
Ah darn! 

Quote: Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Except I'm having problems hitting that "cancel sub" button!!
yeah me too.  I'm going to see how shipping goes next month.  Then it might be time for a break.

Hi! Just joined Sample Society! Can't wait for my first box. I have been a long time Birchbox subscriber & was trying out Ipsy, which I just cancelled in order to try this out! (Gotta keep the subscription services in check ;])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have any family or friends living nearby so you can mail it to them & then pick it up?

Latest posts

Back