Halloween! What are you going to be?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is ridiculous that stores started stocking shelves with witches and pumpkins in August, but now being near the end of September, I believe it is appropriate to start thinking about costumes for Halloween. So, what are you guys going to be??

I am recently engaged and thinking of some cute couples Halloween costumes that aren't too gimmicky. Because I am engaged, I was thinking maybe the Corpse Bride and Groom... But what I really want to do is Miss Piggy and Kermit! I think that would be too adorable (not to mention I love the Muppets!) Miss Piggy wears a bold purple eye with great long lashes so that could be fun make-up wise. However, there would definitely be more to do if I went corpse bride. 

What are some fun couples costumes that you guys can think of? 

Cheers, 

Sara x0

I'm just going to be a black cat.... 

I'm trying to put a cute outfit together for it.

I might have to make my own mask though since I've googled & amazoned 

for one & have none that I actually like... 

I find it hard to find exactly what I want for Halloween costumes. I usually end up making my own pieces that I try to find. For example, last year I was a puck bunny, and I could not find cute bunny ears. Like what the heck, so simple right? We have so many Halloween stores that open this time of year too, and they were all like fluffy white Easter Bunny ears- yuck no thanks. Here is what I made out of dollar store fabric pencil cases, foam and a head band:

I was planning on being a cheerleader, but maybe something simple like a cat, since I tend to procrastinate a bit, lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by SelenaXOXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Miley's wrecking ball (hahahah)

bahahaha.

I know that most simply hated seeing shelves decorated with Halloween type things earlier (I assume the same feeling I get when I see Christmas décor appearing on Halloween), but I was SO ecstatic! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think I'll really be doing anything dress-up-wise since we just moved to the middle of nowhere (I have TUBS of nice Halloween decorations, and no one to decorate for up here in the mountains :'( ) But I'll probably just mangle my face up with makeup and call it myself a zombie/torture victim/whatever. =p

Decorate for yourself love! You already have the stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never done the face mangling Halloween look, but I really want to. I think I will have to give it a go this year. Just tissue paper and latex glue is it? And lots of fake blood?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think I'll really be doing anything dress-up-wise since we just moved to the middle of nowhere (I have TUBS of nice Halloween decorations, and no one to decorate for up here in the mountains :'( ) But I'll probably just mangle my face up with makeup and call it myself a zombie/torture victim/whatever. =p

Quote: Originally Posted by saraskentel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are many ways, but the easiest is probably liquid latex. (Yeah, tissue has difinitely been used too haha) If you buy an already-ready piece (Like the walking dead ones...some are kinda neat!) then you can use those. Spirit gum is also a thing, albeit not my favorite, especially if you do a big wound :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only use fake blood if I already have it around, I have so much makeup that I easily have enough eyeshadows and stuff to create a bloody look. =p There are tons of youtube tutorials on various types of gore-makeup that might make more sense then my sleep-deprived rambling lol.

I tend to always leave it until the last minute, but atm I'm debating between Wonder Woman or a Sailor Girl; maybe both.. lol I actually did three different costumes for three different parties last year: Prom Queen, Goth Rocker, and Bettie Page.  Sometimes I find it's more fun (and cheaper) to piece together something too since I've had mixed luck with store-packaged ones.  Halloween's definitely my favourite holiday!

We do a family Halloween costume theme every year. I have 6 kids so that's 8 costumes to put together each time Halloween rolls around. You would think I would dread it, but I love it! I live for Halloween! This year we are doing Despicable Me 2 as our theme. My hubby is Gru, I'm Lucy, my 3 girls are the 3 orphan girls Margo, Edith, & Agnes, & my 3 boys are going to be minions: 2 yellow & 1 purple. I made the boys' costumes this weekend. Everyone else's were easily pieced together from things I our closets. I will try to remember to post a final pic once we are all dressed up. Here's the boys:

There are many ways, but the easiest is probably liquid latex. (Yeah, tissue has difinitely been used too haha) If you buy an already-ready piece (Like the walking dead ones...some are kinda neat!) then you can use those. Spirit gum is also a thing, albeit not my favorite, especially if you do a big wound :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only use fake blood if I already have it around, I have so much makeup that I easily have enough eyeshadows and stuff to create a bloody look. =p There are tons of youtube tutorials on various types of gore-makeup that might make more sense then my sleep-deprived rambling lol.
Just to add... MAC just launched a Rick Baker inspired make-up collection. They also have a tutorial vid that showcases the products being used on MAC's pro site.

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to add... MAC just launched a Rick Baker inspired make-up collection. They also have a tutorial vid that showcases the products being used on MAC's pro site.

Good to know! I'ma check it out

I'm going as one of the backup dancers from the music video for "What does the fox say?" complete with dance moves.

I'm also going to be a kitty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, a fun couple costume? I saw an outlet and a plug the other day lol. I thought it was both cute but funny at the same time. Personally I'm a nerd so my hubby and I are more likely to dress up as Trekkies :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back