Scratch Monthly Mani Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like there's a new nail box on the block. I haven't found much about it. The cost is $30 a month, first box is $25, in which you will receive 3 of their nail wrap sets created by their featured artist, tools and accents, plus a monthly surprise picked by the inspiration behind that month's kit. Looks like their nail wraps retail for $12 a set, which is a good deal if you like their products. Anybody take the leap?

https://subscribe.goscratch.it

This is my 3rd month with Scratch. What I love about them is it is so easy to skip a month. They preview the wraps on the 20th of each month and you have until the 27th to decide to skip or gift the box to someone else. I skipped this month because the wraps were not my style...but here they are for anyone interested in what is in store for this month...

ImageProxy.mvc

Could be cute...on the edge with this one...
ImageProxy.mvc
I love clear wraps like these, but one out of 3 was not enough to make me keep the box.
ImageProxy.mvc

I will never wear marijuana leaves on my nails...ever...

A gold teddy bear charm is also being included with the other embellishments this month.

The first month was also fairly wild but something I liked and last month was a great set of neutral, transition into fall, wraps. This month was just too much for me to pull off...looking forward to next month already.

The extra gift the first month was a bottle of embellishment glue (which works great) and last month was a scrabble letter magnet with the letter of your first name...to match one of the wraps.
As far as quality, the wraps last 2 weeks as long as I use a top coat. I also like how this sub is helping me build my collection of studs, rhinestones, etc to decorate the nails with. They give plenty of ideas on how to customize the wraps and really make some great nail art.

Is anyone still subscribed to this one?  I signed up for the November box last month, and it just shipped today!  And they posted the first December preview design, and I can already tell I will want that box as well because snowflakes!  White snowflakes on a dark blue background, quite possibly my favorite December color combination!  I kept looking for snowflake nail wraps last year and never found them, so I'm thrilled to see them here.

There was just one up yesterday.  And I partially take back what I said about snowflakes.  Upon further examination, they are HOLIDAY SWEATER designs, complete with striping and dot detail!  I might have to save these for the inevitable Ugly/Holiday Sweater day at work.  I don't own any sweaters that qualify, but these wraps would fit into the theme nicely.

ETA:  If you go on Instagram, the designer of the December wraps has posted them already!  I *love* the blue snowflake sweater design, like the gold-and-cream one, and am extremely meh on the red plaid one, but I am just not really a fan of red in general.  Tag:  #goscratchit

Quote: Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone gotten Dec. shipping?
Nevermind, got mine today. It's my first month and I was getting antsy.

I forgot to post the January box!
And February:
That pencil is a wax pencil for rhinestone picking, and the rhinestones are heart-shaped. And the wraps with hearts are clear, so you can put them on bare nails or over polish. And now, I'm going to go take a nice, hot shower and then spend some quality time with Netflix and that chocolate bar! (Snow in Portland in February so severe we closed early yesterday, opened late today, and then closed again early today, and then the bus driver refuses to recognize the bus stop? I deserve pizza *and* chocolate, but I'm not willing to go back outside in that crap today!)

I was bummed that the extra for January was described as a holographic polish and in reality it was a glitter polish...however after using it I am in love, it is absolutely gorgeous! 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is anyone still subscribed to this one?  I signed up for the November box last month, and it just shipped today!  And they posted the first December preview design, and I can already tell I will want that box as well because snowflakes!  White snowflakes on a dark blue background, quite possibly my favorite December color combination!  I kept looking for snowflake nail wraps last year and never found them, so I'm thrilled to see them here.
I've seen a few companies online that sell custom nail decals, even w your own photos on them. 

or else have you tried Micheals or a dollar store for some stickers or stuff in the craft section?

I bought some mini gemstone stickers at a dollar store in the crafts section and cut them to my nail shape and put clear polish on top and it looked super nice!

Next time I do something cool on my nails I will take a pic and remember to post online...

I had something like a "nail wrap" but they were water decals. u had to cut them out of the sheet, put in water 10 seconds, place on nail w tweezer and put clear topcoat on top.

a bit of work, but looked really cool- tons of strangers would stop to ask everyday...like usually 5-10 people (which gets annoying after a while....lol).

I just signed up for Scratch and I am so excited. I have wanted to do a sub box for so very long but working two health care jobs makes makeup options slim and conservative. So I figure nail subs would be the way to go!

So I'm kind of annoyed - I skipped April's box when they first sent out the preview and got an email confirming my skip.. Checked my email just now and have one saying I'm charged -__- has this happened to anyone else here? I'm sure they're not a bad company or anything but I just lose confidence real fast when something like that happens, especially when dealing with someone else's money (card info) that they trust you with. I emailed and asked them to refund me promptly as well as cancel my sub. Anyone have any experiences as far as their response time and general CS?

So I'm kind of annoyed - I skipped April's box when they first sent out the preview and got an email confirming my skip.. Checked my email just now and have one saying I'm charged -__- has this happened to anyone else here? I'm sure they're not a bad company or anything but I just lose confidence real fast when something like that happens, especially when dealing with someone else's money (card info) that they trust you with. I emailed and asked them to refund me promptly as well as cancel my sub. Anyone have any experiences as far as their response time and general CS?
The same thing just happened to me, skipped April and just got an email saying I was charged. I also emailed them for a refund so hopefully they will do that for us or I'm definitely canceling.

The same thing just happened to me, skipped April and just got an email saying I was charged. I also emailed them for a refund so hopefully they will do that for us or I'm definitely canceling.
Let me know when you get a response and I'll do the same :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Let me know when you get a response and I'll do the same :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They responded within 5 mins, that was fast! They've refunded me and are sending a gift card for a free set of wraps and a code for free shipping!

Charged AGAIN... after I asked them to cancel (and they confirmed) last month.  I expect they will refund me again as they did last month, but I am calling my credit card to have them blocked once they credit me back because this is really annoying :angry:

Back