Sign in to follow this  
kawaiisofoxy

(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

I agree! I got a nice brow pencil in the CEW box that is the perfect fit for my hair color so I'm set on those for a while!

I love that brow pencil! I worried it would break off since it's a twist up or be too dark since it only comes in one color but I have been soooo happy with it.

I just re-subbed for October after taking a year's hiatus from Birchbox.  I would love to see some skincare items this month, as I have more than enough makeup samples from Ipsy.  I'm just happy to be back on board! I missed the excitement that Birchbox brings each month. :)
Welcome back to BB! I hope you get a great box this month! If not, I'll see you on the trade thread!!

I have Classic and Low Maintenance checked and I still get bright lip colors and stuff. I don't mind. I still use them. Birchbox only sends me black eyeliners, though. Eyeko and Sumita so far.
Thank you!!! I feel much more comfortable about switching now. You deserve a prize for relieving Birchbox anxiety!! :D

I'd love a super rich night cream or moisturizer as my skin gets so dry in the colder months, a hair mask, or a nicely scented bath oil.

I have Classic and Low Maintenance checked and I still get bright lip colors and stuff. I don't mind. I still use them. Birchbox only sends me black eyeliners, though. Eyeko and Sumita so far.
Thank you!!! I feel much more comfortable about switching now. You deserve a prize for relieving Birchbox anxiety!! :D
You're welcome. I really think Birchbox doesn't pay attention to the profiles when it comes to lipstick, especially, because I've gotten the Jouer in Birchbox Pink, Mirenesse in Perfect Kiss (Orange, although some people say it's coral--to me it's a very orange coral), and Stila in Beso. You're not alone in trying to figure out the profile, though, but I think Classic means bright lipstick to Birchbox.

I think bright lip colors go with the classic profile.  If you google classic makeup ads you see that almost all the ads from the 1940's and 50's have bright lips in reds and pinks.  I've always thought that a classic makeup look was anchored by a dramatic lip while being light on the eye makeup, like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn.  Maybe that is BB's thinking behind the bright lippies for classic profiles.

I logged on to update my profile and ended up placing an order for the wrap-up and those Jane Tran bobby pins (so cute!). I've been intrigued by the wrap-up for a while, even though it has mixed reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post

Send all the lipsticks and jewel-toned eye makeup my way, please!!

THIS^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvanz12 View Post

I just re-subbed for October after taking a year's hiatus from Birchbox.  I would love to see some skincare items this month, as I have more than enough makeup samples from Ipsy.  I'm just happy to be back on board! I missed the excitement that Birchbox brings each month. :)

Welcome back!

So, I told myself I was going to be canceling my gift sub this month but I've been dragging my feet. Still undecided! I need a little sneak peek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshJs3 View Post

So, I told myself I was going to be canceling my gift sub this month but I've been dragging my feet. Still undecided! I need a little sneak peek!

I told myself this after the goop box last year... still haven't cancelled it lol

I actually canceled one of my accounts this month I was very proud that I actually did it!  I clearly seem to get "better" boxes on one account then the other to the point I traded the whole box away this month. So I finally canceled it.

A lip color that actually works for me, eye shadow, no hair products. I'm overloaded on them. A second ruffian color. I wouldn't mind if they sent out more of those like they did with the wanderlust collection, although I don't see that happening.

I'm weird but I want that cute little bottle of toner from benefit that they sent a month or so ago. It'd be perfect for travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasertag View Post

I'm weird but I want that cute little bottle of toner from benefit that they sent a month or so ago. It'd be perfect for travel.

Yes, I've been wanting that too!  The bottle is so cute, I know I would reuse it for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good :D

or a mascara!  If I get one more mascara, I will flip out!

or a mascara!  If I get one more mascara, I will flip out!
What the heck, BB! I never get mascara. >:( That's the one item I can never get enough of! I must figure out your box preference secrets.....haha :)

OT - I'm having a great day!

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC.

3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes).

:icon_cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

WOW! Lucky you! Update us and let us know how the Birchblogger breakfast is, that sounds really interesting!!!

Quote:

Sounds great!  Nurse? me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

Quote:

WOW! Lucky you! Update us and let us know how the Birchblogger breakfast is, that sounds really interesting!!!

Thank you! I will definitely update this MUT thread. I *think* this may be the first time local-NYC Birchbloggers have been invited to the Birchbox office (I'm a new Birchblogger, so I'm not 100% sure about that). Only 12 of us were selected for the breakfast (based on twitter activity), so it'll be intimate. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJane View Post

Quote:

Sounds great!  Nurse? me too!

Thank you! It'll be my first job as a nurse practitioner. I'm currently working as a nurse and I'm going to miss it!