Need Pressed Powder Recs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, I know that most of you are Clinique haters but I have been using their Stay Matte pressed powder since forever. I have tried others, including Prescriptives and drugstore brands, but I keep coming back to this one. I know that it makes me look too chalky (when I first put it on) but I'm oily so the chalky look doesn't last.

I really want to try a new pressed powder but I won't use MAC since the Studio Fix broke me out soooooooooooooooooo bad (my face was red and sore for a good 2 weeks). If anyone has experience with Shiseido, Lancome, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, etc. pressed powders I would love some recommendations.

Try NYX Face Powder!!!! I have it and I love it!!!!

I'm not sure if you have ever heard of this brand but I've I lot of people rave about it especially their eyeshadows. So I finally caved and got the powder and several of their eyeshadows and I'm so glad that I did. Another bonus is that it's not pricey at all(the powder is about $11 US).

Here's some reviews you can look at:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...essed_Powders/

I hope that helped!!!! And good luck!!!!

I don't think NYX is available in this region. I have looked for it before and now I'm wishing it was! I'll do more research to see where I can get it. Thanks for the recommendation.

You can get NYX off their website if you're alright with ordering online:

www.nyxcosmetics.com

I think it's cheaper to actually purchase it at a shop though. I don't know if it's because they include tax in their website prices or something but they do have higher prices listed in their website than if you were to purchase at a shop. But it's only a few dollars off so yea......lol

I just got a Dior palette for a gift and it had the pressed powder. It's the best powder I've ever tried. It makes my skin look poreless regardless of the foundation I'm using. Definitely can recommend. It's called the Diorskin pressed powder.

The Dior eye shadows are great. I love em. I forgot to say that the pressed powder is $35 at sephora.

Oooooooooooo I don't know why but I always forget about Dior. I bet it's nice. Is it fragranced? I can bear a light fragrance but nothing heavy.

I use Bobbie Brown's loose powder and I LOVE IT. Another good one would be Prescriptives Custom Blend.

I'm a big fan of the T LeClerc pressed powder. It's one of my HGs. I've been using it forever.

I recommend Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Powder(generic MAC Blot). It does not contain talc and can be purchased at drugstores for is $6.89.

T. Lecler is the best - it's a rice based pressed powder so it's super absorbant

It's a bit pricey - 45.00 I think - but it's the only powder I will use and pressed powder lasts forever so I justify the price. I looked into the line for a spa I worked at - the rest of the line is ok - eye shadow colors weren't impressive but the powder is well worth it!

You have great posts Maph - you're very informative - are you a esthetician?

Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll narrow them down and let you know what I end up with.

I loooove Lancome's Photogenic. It's oil free so it shouldn't break you out, and I never get that cakey powdery look.

Back