Michael Kors & Marc Jacobs Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realized today that Michael Kors has a makeup line. It launched this past Fall/Summer I believe when the Marc Jacobs line launched at Sephora.

What have folks tried from the lines? Any must haves?

I tried the Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in the store. I think I also got a sample of it I haven't used yet and it was decent. I want to try it for longer before I'd ever jump in and buy it. I love the idea of a gel foundation.

http://www.sephora.com/marc-jacobs-beauty

http://long-island.newsday.com/shopping/marc-jacobs-michael-kors-katie-holmes-and-jason-wu-launch-beauty-lines-1.6103628

The first link is the Marc Jacobs collection and the second link is a nice little article about the new lines.

I've tried the lipsticks from Marc Jacobs. They're very nice; pigmented, non-drying, and lovely shades. They're expensive, though. But I might buy one anyways. There is a lovely shade of purple in the line that looks fabulous on me.

The Genius Gel foundation is a really nice, comfortable formula. It gives a soft-focus look to the skin and it pretty flexible in the shade range due to the lighter coverage. On me it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all which is a look I love. Just gorgeous skin.

I have gone into Sephora and swatched Marc Jacobs several times, and every time I pass it up. It just doesn't wow me, and the price really doesn't match what I see in person.

I saw the Michael Kors beauty collection at Macy's today. Honestly, nothing really piqued my interest as they seemed to be mostly basic shades (red, peach, etc); there weren't a lot of products either. I think I'm going to sit it out on the MK line until I see a little more variation in color.

I snagged a Marc Jacobs gel eye pencil as a 100-point perk from Sephora. I loved everything about it except the color (all they had for the sample was black. I do not wear black pretty much ever, but I got it because I wanted to try the formula). I can see myself collecting them in every color. I love eye pencils, though. I have about forty (mostly in shades of green, blue, and purple) at the moment, and the holiday shopping season hasn't even really started.

I'm so excited. This evening my class was cancelled and I decided oh I have to go shopping.. so I went to Sephora and had a great time shopping. Got 2 Marc Jacob's nail polishes. I got the blue one, it's called Blue Velvet - iridescent deep ocean blue #132 & my hubby liked #118 Oui! - magenta violet. 

Anyway, I am a VIB rouge and I didn't really even know what that meant but the sales woman told me that if I wanted I could make an appointment to come back and the MUA would do my makeup with all the new Marc Jacobs stuff. She basically when I come back they will use all the new Marc Jacobs stuff on me! YAY! I can't wait to explore the line. I know I'll be coming home with one of the larger eyeshadow palettes. I think I am going to get the one that has lots of purples because purple is my favorite of all time color. 

SOO excited! I'll come back and up ya'll and let everyone know how it went. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I snagged a Marc Jacobs gel eye pencil as a 100-point perk from Sephora. I loved everything about it except the color (all they had for the sample was black. I do not wear black pretty much ever, but I got it because I wanted to try the formula). I can see myself collecting them in every color. I love eye pencils, though. I have about forty (mostly in shades of green, blue, and purple) at the moment, and the holiday shopping season hasn't even really started.

Those liners are really nice and smooth. Great staying power.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those liners are really nice and smooth. Great staying power.

i agree. great liner. i got a few of the 100 point perks... i love black liner.

I have tried marc Jacobs nail polish and foundation  both were outstanding. he polish didn't chip for 2 weeks. I  have a few of the nail polish I think the name of my favorite is petrol something like that

I have a Michael Kors lipstick and like it. It's nothing spectacular but it's nice and smooth. It's great for quick touch ups on the go. It's a nude shade and great for day time. It reminds me of Aerin Lauder lipsticks as far as the texture and staying power goes.

Latest posts

Back