Starlooks October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for starting this. I was going to start an October thread with that email they sent me but then I realized I didn't know how, so I posted it on Septembers thread! I'm hoping for blush & a tender gloss!

Ooh, I love the theme! I think this is my favorite Looksbook so far -- and maybe ever. I have a lifelong love -- bordering on obsession -- of _Alice in Wonderland_. My earliest memory is of reading that book. Part of my name is frequently mistaken for "Alice," and I love that fact. I started watching _Once Upon a Time_ solely because they went to Wonderland. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a teacup/saucer set and two perfume oils based on Gail Potocki's Fractured Alice exhibit at Century Guild in Los Angeles. Hell, my six-years-thus-far obsession with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab began with the discovery that they have an entire Mad Tea Party *collection*. I'm getting excited just to see what they do with the box -- and I'm talking about the cardboard box itself. As for products,

I'm guessing that berry/plum blush I've been wanting might make an appearance! It also looks like maybe some eyeshadow -- either a palette or an assortment, like the Tendergloss -- to be used with September's gel liner. They show a two-toned lip look, but I *really* hope we don't get two lip items again. In fact, I hope we don't get another lip product, period. I love lip stuff, but after August and September, I'm a bit lipsticked out with this sub!
Eee! I can't believe how excited I am about this! I don't see one potential thing there I wouldn't want except fake lashes (I always assume models are wearing fake lashes), but we just got them last month, so I think I should be safe there. One thing I wish Starlooks would do: Give looks *guides* so we can replicate these looks. I love those eyes, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to figuring out specific shades used.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, I love the theme! I think this is my favorite Looksbook so far -- and maybe ever. I have a lifelong love -- bordering on obsession -- of _Alice in Wonderland_. My earliest memory is of reading that book. Part of my name is frequently mistaken for "Alice," and I love that fact. I started watching _Once Upon a Time_ solely because they went to Wonderland. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a teacup/saucer set and two perfume oils based on Gail Potocki's Fractured Alice exhibit at Century Guild in Los Angeles. Hell, my six-years-thus-far obsession with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab began with the discovery that they have an entire Mad Tea Party *collection*. I'm getting excited just to see what they do with the box -- and I'm talking about the cardboard box itself.

As for products, I'm guessing that berry/plum blush I've been wanting might make an appearance! It also looks like maybe some eyeshadow -- either a palette or an assortment, like the Tendergloss -- to be used with September's gel liner. They show a two-toned lip look, but I *really* hope we don't get two lip items again. In fact, I hope we don't get another lip product, period. I love lip stuff, but after August and September, I'm a bit lipsticked out with this sub!
Eee! I can't believe how excited I am about this! I don't see one potential thing there I wouldn't want except fake lashes (I always assume models are wearing fake lashes), but we just got them last month, so I think I should be safe there.

One thing I wish Starlooks would do: Give looks *guides* so we can replicate these looks. I love those eyes, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to figuring out specific shades used.
I would love a guide for the October look. Whatever happened to the Why Marci videos?

As far as the products go I think blush, lipstick & eye shadow. I am still hoping for the foundation brush. I would be over the moon if we got that.

UPDATES
biggrin.gif

Hi... I just joined the group..I have been getting Starlooks for almost a year now.  I haven't been too thrilled with the some of the products lately.  I sure hope October is a winner!

Last month was my birthday month and I thought they were suppose to send something extra for our birthdays???  Does anyone know or should I email them?  TIA

Quote: Originally Posted by thequeenlisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi... I just joined the group..I have been getting Starlooks for almost a year now.  I haven't been too thrilled with the some of the products lately.  I sure hope October is a winner!

Last month was my birthday month and I thought they were suppose to send something extra for our birthdays???  Does anyone know or should I email them?  TIA

They should have sent you an extra box for your birthday. I know they sent me mine 5 days into the next month, so maybe you'll receive yours in the next day or two since the weekend is over? If not, I would definitely just send them a quick inquiring email
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by thequeenlisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, definitely email them. I did, and got my box a few days later.

Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, definitely email them. I did, and got my box a few days later.

Oh great!  What did you get?

I really love the eye look on their Looksbook. I want to try to recreate it, so I'm hoping they send everything that you'll need for it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really love the eye look on their Looksbook. I want to try to recreate it, so I'm hoping they send everything that you'll need for it!
At the very least, a list of what they use!  It kind of looks like they might have used things from previous boxes sent out this year, and if this is the case, I just want to know what to dig out.

(Also, I think I want those half-brown-half-pink glasses!  Too bad they are almost definitely not right for my face.)

This is my first month subscribing to Starlooks Starbox. Does anyone know when they start shipping? I'm excited to receive it.
They ship the third and fourth weeks of the month, so they will probably start this week!

Latest posts

Back