Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

I am not good with being "on trend" or anything like that I just go with what I like... downside of that is I usually don't know what I like til I see it (and I'll end up wearing summer/spring colors during winter/fall or vice versa lol). So that being said.... with November being my birthday month, I'm hoping for some that I like!! I will totally upgrade if it's a neat set as a treat to myself... then again I upgraded in October too. I guess I just like treating myself lol! The 20th seems so far. 

I know there seems to be a lot of Julep blase around here, but since I've signed up in August, their marketing seems brilliant. It's pretty much something to keep you interested every single week... 20th being selection window, 1st being secret store, mid month being mystery box, then back to selection window. It's been painful on my wallet!

Julep does have great marketing. There is always something in my email about them every week. So it's like you can't forget them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post

Dang, I wonder which I'll really get then, when I signed up yesterday it was the "older" It Girl colours. I did the search, and only found the old colours as well. Hrm.

OH! I changed the link posted to: http://www.julep.com/maven-subscription/intro-box-it.html and it worked. I like the older colours better... Haha.

Well if anyone was interested in the serum I hope they held off so they could get it in the starter box. That way they can get an additional two nail polishes for the same price as the offer sent earlier this week. Seems like they're starting to put new products no one has tried in these boxes. It would be nice to get an email about it or something so I don't ever waste my money...it's a far better deal.

I just realized that Julep never responded to the email I sent last Wednesday :( Between that and reading all the frustration over how long it is taking everyone to get their October boxes, I think I just want to cash in my jules for November and kind of forget about Julep.  I'm sure I'll still make the occasional purchase here and there, but the maven boxes are so lackluster to me now.  I loved them when they were a small company but now it just seems like they don't care about their subscribers.  Not even feeling excited about the next window because I really don't think they listen to what we want to see in the boxes anyway.

Angi - I didnt recognize you with your new photo! Love it!!  Pink with sparkles is my favorite kind of mani :) As for Julep,  I would really like to see that latex finish in another color besides black.  Maybe a plum or maroon color.  I would also like a matte glitter.  I wouldn't mind some nice oranges for Thanksgiving, but I know a lot of people don't like oranges.  And a champagne colored shimmer would be nice, I can never find one that is just the right shade without being too yellow. For products, I really want a warming body/foot scrub that smells like brown sugar.
I want jewel tones. An oxblood color, possibly with the latex finish.
I would love to see a velvet color. I want a deep rich color that screams opulence.
Jeweltone shimmers/metallics/foils over here, please. Especially a super deep ruby. But shimmer absolutely required,
I think a lipstick set like the ones that came in the May boxes but with fall colors would be great.
YES YES YES all of the above!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac13 View Post

This month is flying by. 10 more days until the next window.

I feel like the months fly by now that I've been subbed to so many things, and Julep makes it super fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

I feel like the months fly by now that I've been subbed to so many things, and Julep makes it super fun too.

Yes, the subs make life so much more interesting ... esp. if you are a nail polish addict!

This month is flying by. 10 more days until the next window.
Totally! Especially when you have subs that have their spoilers and selection windows spaced through the month. Between the 4 I get I'm pretty occupied all month :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post

Wanted to share some stamping! This is Francis & Fiore from the August box. The addition of Fiore really makes Francis wearable for my skin tone.

I LOVE it, Jessica! What stamper and stamping plates did you get? I have this on my wish list for Christmas! But I can't decide what brand to go with. Can you mix different plates with different stampers?

I LOVE it, Jessica! What stamper and stamping plates did you get? I have this on my wish list for Christmas! But I can't decide what brand to go with. Can you mix different plates with different stampers?
I got the stamper set that Ninja Polish sells, & from what I've seen you can use any stamper with any plates. It was only $8 an it has interchangeable ends- one is hard & pink & the other is white & squishy. From my experimentation so far, the different ends work better with different polishes, depending on the formula, so it was cool to get both in one set. It also had two scrapers with it (to remove the excess polish from the plates). I bought two different brand plates- DRK (from Brazil) & My Online Shop. They are both high quality with good etching. I think I like the My Online Shop one better. It seemed to be easier to pick up the image off of that plate, but I love them both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post

Wanted to share some stamping! This is Francis & Fiore from the August box. The addition of Fiore really makes Francis wearable for my skin tone.

Those are super cute. Put a stamping set on my xmas list so, crossing my fingers!!

sub for updates. Hoping for a new finish. like even really textured polish, or "feathered" or nail art themed. jewels... anything beyond a basic collection of cremes and shimmers, ( I hear the new OPI mirror polish is coming out in the xmas collection). I would love a mirrored collection.

Any ladies in Canada get charged extra shipping by Canadian Duty? I got charged $22.60 - just wondering if this was just for me - or if other ladies got charged as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunii View Post

When I try to buy something thus morning, there was a shipping charge. So I canceled my order.

Where you logged in? Also, there is a Halloween offer that has several sets of existing colors curated with Halloween themes. The email states $5.99 for expedited shipping. Meanwhile, my Oct. 1 orders sit two hours away and will NOT be delivered TODAY, 10/15.