QOTD: Sept 25 2013 - Dying your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you dye your hair? If so, do you always do the same colour?

I dye my hair once in a while, whenever I get too bored of my natural dark brown. I usually stick to natural colours, like dark red or black. But I work from home now, and have been really thinking about going crazy with purple and blue streaks.

I've only dyed my hair once -  Bleached the lower half and dyed it a royal purple(which was neat cause it faded to light purple and then pink).

If you can get away with crazy colors, go for it! Upkeep is a big 'ol pain.

I've been dyeing my hair since I was 14, I'm 21 now. I figured I might as well have fun while I'm still in school (and managed to somehow find the single engineering internship in the world where they don't mind what colour my hair is and what piercings I have), because there's no way I could get away with it once I graduate.

I currently have the bottom layer of my hair bleached and dyed purple, before that it's been blue, green, and bubblegum pink (not at the same time lol).

I used to have streaks before I did the entire bottom layer, and I changed them to pretty much everything from pink, blue, purple, green, to orange.

I have never dyed my hair. I may be the only one. I would love to die my hair burgundy. I am afraid that my hair will fall out. I have had family members that dyed their hair and now they wear wigs from hair loss. If anyone can offer some good products to use I am very open. Send me a message.

Yup, I've been dying my hair platinum for several yrs now. I love it but hate the upkeep

Quote: Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been dyeing my hair since I was 14, I'm 21 now. I figured I might as well have fun while I'm still in school (and managed to somehow find the single engineering internship in the world where they don't mind what colour my hair is and what piercings I have), because there's no way I could get away with it once I graduate.
This is my approach, too. That is why I've had a tip dye of various colors for about a year now; first red, then pink, then regular copper/blonde mix for a short while, then turquoise, then a mix of blue/green, then just blue. Probably going to go for purple next. 

When I was young I used to dye my hair but I could not deal with the upkeep so I stopped. I've also tried henna but that was just way too much work for me, I'm really lazy. Now I just do the tip dye thing and leave most my hair as it is, a dark brown.

If you just do a little section (1inch-2inches) under your first layer of hair you can get away with it a lot more than you think! Somedays you might have to pin that section further beneath your hair or twist your hair a different way into a bun. I find that the enjoyment of colored hair is worth the extra bit of work! I've had mine red, pink and purple.

Latest posts

Back