Hey there lovelies.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!  I came to this site from a Google search.  I found the info I needed, so I may hang around a bit.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

My current makeup use:  Right now, I primarily use Manic Panic and Neutrogena.  These are two of the only brands I've found that don't feel gross or heavy on my skin, but still live up to their claims.  I use Anemic pressed powder foundation and Black Rose lipstick from MP's "Creature of the Night" collection, and Neutrogena's mascara and foaming face cleaner/makeup remover.  

At the moment, I'm searching for answers to why my skin is so itchy lately, but since it's season-switching time - and I live in a very high-humidity, high-heat area - I may have to wait until late October to tell for sure if it's the makeup or not.  (My face isn't the only place that itches, though it's the only place where my acne breaks out.)

Is your skin dry? Do you have seasonal allergies? With the seasons switching, a lot of people are having allergy issues which can include itchiness. If you are experiencing allergies along with the itching, try benadril before bed to help with the symptoms. If it's not allergy related nor is it due to dry skin, maybe a visit to your dermatologist will help if the itchiness continues.

Hi there LadyTam! I'm Cookie and welcome to Makeuptalk!
yaya.gif

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with skin itching! That is definitely not fun! I myself live in a high-humidity, high-heat area and know EXACTLY what you mean. If I may ask, what type of moisturizer do you use? and does the itching continue on days when you don't wear makeup?

Here's a quick way to get started and learn more about us -

Some of the most popular sections of Makeuptalk are:

Also, please be sure to take a look at our Terms of Service for a good understanding of site guidelines.

I know you'll love it here, so don't be shy, come on in and enjoy!

Happy Makeuping!

Cookie
heart.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi there LadyTam! I'm Cookie and welcome to Makeuptalk!
yaya.gif

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with skin itching! That is definitely not fun! I myself live in a high-humidity, high-heat area and know EXACTLY what you mean. If I may ask, what type of moisturizer do you use? and does the itching continue on days when you don't wear makeup?

Happy Makeuping!

Cookie
heart.gif

Hey Cookie!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I honestly don't know what kind of moisturizer to use right now.  I have some Cetaphil lotion that I've been mixing with jojoba oil, but I stopped using it as well when the itching started.  :/  (I hadn't been using it long; a couple of days, maybe?)  I'm thinking of trying whatever Neutrogena has available, if I can find some for a good price.  

I *did* notice today that the itching starts after I've been out in the heat for a while.  On my head and under my arms are other places where I feel it. So annoying!  

*sigh* Why does this all have to be so confusing?  lol

Hey!  I'm in the Deep South in the States, so...yeah.  Humidity Country.  lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is your skin dry? Do you have seasonal allergies? With the seasons switching, a lot of people are having allergy issues which can include itchiness. If you are experiencing allergies along with the itching, try benadril before bed to help with the symptoms. If it's not allergy related nor is it due to dry skin, maybe a visit to your dermatologist will help if the itchiness continues.

Yeah, I have a suspicion it could be related to my allergies; my sinuses always go NUTS when the seasons change.  Taking a benadryl before bed isn't half a bad idea!  

I'm itchy right now because St. Ives changed the formula on their Purify Exfoliate shower gel. The salt in the old formula used to help with my dry skin and itching. It was the only thing that worked. I felt like it got rid of my dry skin, got the dirt and especially the sweat residue off, and helped my other skin products work better, like they can soak in better or something. The new formula is creamy with beads that scratch and it feels slimy and icky, but it doesn't exfoliate at all as far as I can tell. I haven't found another salt scrub or really salty shower gel yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyTam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Cookie!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I honestly don't know what kind of moisturizer to use right now.  I have some Cetaphil lotion that I've been mixing with jojoba oil, but I stopped using it as well when the itching started.  :/  (I hadn't been using it long; a couple of days, maybe?)  I'm thinking of trying whatever Neutrogena has available, if I can find some for a good price.  

I *did* notice today that the itching starts after I've been out in the heat for a while.  On my head and under my arms are other places where I feel it. So annoying!  

*sigh* Why does this all have to be so confusing?  lol

lol! Facial skin issues are always a pain! I live in the south myself (howdy howdy lol). I'd recommend finding a nice daytime moisturizer and a good rich nighttime moisturizer, your skin may be drying out a bit from the weather changing. Make sure you gently exfoliate every few days or so and see if doing these things make any difference. If they don't then I would recommend what Deareux suggested and possibly consider seeing a dermatologist just so you can get definite answers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can try to list a few moisturizers that I've found to be great for drying/itching skin. What type of price range do you have?

MakeuptheCat love, she responded to you
smile.gif
This, I believe, was directed at you:

"Hey!  I'm in the Deep South in the States, so...yeah.  Humidity Country.  lol"

She had already responded to me in one post and to Deareux in another, so that one was for you!
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol! Facial skin issues are always a pain! I live in the south myself (howdy howdy lol). I'd recommend finding a nice daytime moisturizer and a good rich nighttime moisturizer, your skin may be drying out a bit from the weather changing. Make sure you gently exfoliate every few days or so and see if doing these things make any difference. If they don't then I would recommend what Deareux suggested and possibly consider seeing a dermatologist just so you can get definite answers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can try to list a few moisturizers that I've found to be great for drying/itching skin. What type of price range do you have?

The past couple of days, I've just been using the jojoba oil I have, and that seems to help.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Still wish these stupid pimples would go away though.   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Price range is, preferably, no more than $10; I'm a miser when it comes to beauty products, but my hubby recently said he wouldn't mind if I spent a bit more, as long as it's worth it.  But I'd LOATHE spending $50 on something like Clinique only to find it doesn't work.   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I could use some advice on some good exfoliants, too, but I'm not 100% sure what they do.  lol  I know they...unclog pores..?  I think?  

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeuptheCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes exfoliators remove dead skin cells and other impurities from the skin.

I really like the La Prairie Essential Exfoliator http://www.shoplaprairie.com/p-60-essential-exfoliator.aspx It's light purplish with a seed-like material and is very gentle.

Holy canolies!  It better be gold and silver seeds for that price!  lol

I'll trade you some of that humidity for the high desert dryness of where I live. I hope you figure out the itch problem soon and share some of your insight with the rest of us. Welcome to the forums!

Latest posts

Back