Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
So, I skimmed through this section of MUT, and noticed that there wasn't really any active threads that resembled this. I certainly hope I'm not mistaken!

So I'm basically wondering if anyone would like to join a little supportive group/thread and get our bodies where we want them to be. Anyone is welcome - whether you're trying to lose 125 lbs (or whatever that is in stones lol) or if you're just wanting to tone what you have.

If you're interested, go ahead and tell us about yourself.

What is your goal?
What is your motivation?
What is your biggest downfall (when it comes to diet/exercise...i.e.-binging, carb addiction, emotional eating, snackaholic, etc.)
What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals?
And anything else you'd like add. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, feel free to talk about what good or bad happened in your day. Ask for advice. Vent. Whatever. This is a POSITIVE thread- we are here for each other.

I hope someone joins in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope to post before/afters at some point. We could also get kik involved too if anyone digs that app.

Alright, hope to see some of you here!

headphonedance.gif
hugss.gif
sheep.gif
schleich.gif

I'll join in, I'm actually starting a diet tomorrow and was skimming for a thread just like this.

my husband and I both are starting as neither of us are fitting clothes well anymore. quite honestly I can't afford new clothes just because I'm eating bad and I'm starting to pop out of my "fat girl" clothes... I am lucky to only just look a little chubby and not obese( I carry weight well, which is why it gets so bad before I notice it)

Last time I was on a scale I needed to lose at least 40 lbs, probably about 60 by now...so it's going to be a long process as I HATE strict diets...but I'm not so concerned about the number, I more want to do a lifestyle change and get to where things fit and I'm comfortable in my skin. I don't even have a scale right now...I think it committed suicide!

I'm a major boredom eater, and have a really bad sweet tooth....also anytime I drink soda I pack on the pounds which is what happened this time with me.

so I'm cutting back sweets, cutting out soda all together( I'm lucky I don't get caffeine headaches) and loading up on veggies rather than starches

also I'm trying to get back into a dance aerobic sort routine ( I used to dance a lot)...because the only exercise I will keep up with is fun stuff, otherwise I burn out after a week,lol

usually this works for the majority of my weight loss...I just need to learn how to keep it off.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want them  tight little Korean dancers legs lol. That's my goal.=p

Oh damn, I know what you mean. Hahah. I think that's just never going to happen with my body type.

Realistically speaking, I'd just like to make going to the gym a habit. It's been an embarrassingly long since the last time I've exercised. I'm not overweight, I'd just like to be stronger and have more muscle and definition in my body. 

My biggest downfalls are that I'm really lazy when it comes to cooking so my eating habits aren't the best. In addition to that, I can't seem to keep up the motivation to exercise. I seem to go through phases of hitting the gym and exercising and then getting sick of it for months. Really need to (and want to) put a stop to that.

I'm excited to join this little group! I hope we'll be able to support each other. 
happy.gif

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been looking for this kind of thing. (Joined Trim Down Club online, and it really blows)Anyway, I am about 25 pounds overweight right now. I asked to be part time at work this year and the reduced stress has helped me drop 8 pounds. (Yay!) But I still have a long was to go...

So, I skimmed through this section of MUT, and noticed that there wasn't really any active threads that resembled this. I certainly hope I'm not mistaken!

So I'm basically wondering if anyone would like to join a little supportive group/thread and get our bodies where we want them to be. Anyone is welcome - whether you're trying to lose 125 lbs (or whatever that is in stones lol) or if you're just wanting to tone what you have.

If you're interested, go ahead and tell us about yourself.

What is your goal?
What is your motivation?
What is your biggest downfall (when it comes to diet/exercise...i.e.-binging, carb addiction, emotional eating, snackaholic, etc.)
And anything else you'd like add. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, feel free to talk about what good or bad happened in your day. Ask for advice. Vent. Whatever. This is a POSITIVE thread- we are here for each other.

I hope someone joins in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope to post before/afters at some point. We could also get kik involved too if anyone digs that app.

Alright, hope to see some of you here!

headphonedance.gif
hugss.gif
sheep.gif
schleich.gif

I'll join in! Thanks for making this thread. Makeup is awesome, but healthy bodies makes us look (and feel) even better.

What is your goal?  Short term: to lose 30 lbs. Long term: to lose 60 lbs. and run a 5K.
What is your motivation? Just knowing that as I get older I need to take even better care of myself.
What is your biggest downfall? Carbs, snacks, emotions, and sweets! Gah, I need help badly, lol.
What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals? Consistent workouts to 5 days a week. Eat cleaner.

I'm so happy to see so many gals here! Yippee!

Indeed- beauty comes from within (makeup is great, but it can only do so much!) and when you feel your best you look your best!!

I'm definitely in need of some major toning. I hurt my back (at the gym, ironically enough) and had to rest for a loooong time (I kept saying, "Oh, it's been 2 weeks, I can go hardcore again! And then proceeded to throw it out 2 more times :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   )

I am going to get back into my sexy clothes, and get back into my active lifestyle! I have also been VERY down lately...and I know not being able to exercise has been a big part of it. So happy to be recovered, although I know the soreness is going to be a witch at first!

Alright, so who's calorie-counting? And who's planned out their meals? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I love this idea! I need someone to kick my butt and make me motivated to stick with my plan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What is your goal? Be more active and eat less processed/fast foods. I'm not going super healthy, just want to be more concious of what comes in my body! What is your motivation? In HS I was super athletic and now following my undergrad I have more time to fit in things like working out since I don't have a hectic class schedule etc from school. What is your biggest downfall (when it comes to diet/exercise...i.e.-binging, carb addiction, emotional eating, snackaholic, etc.) Probably snacking and eating out and. Skipping work outs What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals? Eat out for lunch less, try to do some physical activity at least 5 times a week, leading up to everyday. I'm so excited for this! I want to make myself stay on track. I find I get so much more energy when I start working out and I'm in such a better mood. I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm pretty happy with my size, I just have a bit of tummy flab I'd like to see shrink but its a minor issue for me. What types of workout(s) do you guys plan on doing? I have joined an indoor soccer league (normally play outdoor, haven't done indoor in ages! Its so much more intense) and would like to do cardio a few times a week and then maybe some exercises from my "Get Fit With Mel B" game for PS3 (it was less than 5 bucks on sale lol! Its pretty decent so far)

Alright gorgeous people, I want you all to make sure that you are subscribed to this thread so you can keep up and stay motivated!

If you can tolerate email notifications, even better (that way you can read what's up without actually having to log in and such, since we can't always be on MUT lol)

I want to do a daily challenge and/or tip, and I expect you glamazons to do it! (unless of course you have a medical reason to not...I'm not going to tell you to bench 500 pounds though. Always follow your doctors orders
wink.gif
 )

So, for the first day (since most of us are in the same boat, i.e. just starting...or re-starting,... or re-re-re-re-re-re-re-starting, lol) I have a short list of things which I think would be beneficial. You do not have to make any of this public, btw. (you're more than welcome to of course, but I would never ask anyone to put something out there that is so personal. More power to you if you are open and brave enough!) But please do it for yourself. All other days will be one thing, but we need to get some basics done. Ready?

1) take a before picture. You'll need it to compare to your after picture!

2)take note of how you feel- are your bad eating habits causing you to be tired? No energy? Feel sick? Tired of not likng how you look in your clothes? Write it down (this could be the start of a great journal for you )

3) take measurements. Success isn't just measured in pounds. Especially take those problem-area measurements. You'll need these for the after comparison too!
4) Set a plan- we can get into this more later, but for the basics - set up a reasonable goal and a reasonable plan. This could be as simple as "I'm going to stop drinking soda this week and eat more vegetables. In a month I'd like to be down 6 pounds" of course, make it relevant to you. See how reasonable that goal is? Easy peasy.

5) if your goal is weight loss, record your weight.

6) Go start the journey to be the best you that you can be! No excuses!

headphonedance.gif
Set the world on fire, gorgeous!
11.gif

I'm off to bed now, talk to you all soon!

What is your goal?                               lose 20 lbs.
What is your motivation?                      Look better, feel better, high energy level
What is your biggest downfall?            Salty stuff, particularly at night

I have made a weekly meal plan, which includes modified recipes for the kids (higher calories)

No eating after 8:00 pm

Increased protein, decreased carbs

Good luck to everyone!   You CAN do it! <3

Alright, so who's calorie-counting? And who's planned out their meals? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I calorie count... some days better than others. And I usually try to plan my meals at least 4 days of the week. The weekends are usually my downfall for meal planning and calorie counting.... *sigh*

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I calorie count... some days better than others. And I usually try to plan my meals at least 4 days of the week. The weekends are usually my downfall for meal planning and calorie counting.... *sigh*

You're not alone on that one! Many people say that exact same thing! It's definitely ok to have a cheat meal, but you just gotta find the strength to not make it a cheat weekend! lol.

Sorry I'm late on my daily tip/challenge- had a busy day and was out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So I'll make it an easy one-

Make sure you're eating enough calories- not too little, and of course not too much. Do you even know how many you need? Let me help you!
Since I think everyone here is female, I'm only going to post the female calculation, if I am mistaken, please let me know so I can add the male version.

1)Calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR) using the following equation: 655 + (4.35 x your weight in pounds) + (4.7 x your height in inches) -- (4.7 x your age in years).

2)Calculate how many additional calories your body requires based on your activity level. If you are sedentary or engage in very little activity, multiple your BMR by 1.2. If you are lightly active or exercise lightly between one and three times a week, multiply your BMR by 1.375. If you get moderate levels of exercise, multiply your BMR by 1.55. Multiply your BMR by 1.725 if you are very active and exercise six or seven days a week. If you exercise extremely hard, are in an athletic training program or have a job that consists of hard labor, multiply your BMR by 1.9. The result from multiplying your BMR by your activity factor is the total number of calories you need to consume each day to maintain your current weight.

3)Subtract 500 from the total number of calories you must consume each day to maintain your weight if you are trying to lose weight. A deficit of 500 calories a day equals a deficit of 3,500 calories a week, which is equivalent to one pound. To lose weight at a slower rate, subtract 250 calories from your daily caloric needs

None of you should go below 1200 calories. Calorie counting gets a bad rap sometimes, but honestly, I have the absolute most success while working with others with this method. (If you have had a previous problem in which calorie counting could trigger, then it would be best for you to avoid it- but I would advise those to keep a food journal/keep track of nutrients.)

So how many calories do you really need? Hope this helped! Talk to you all later ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

~information from ehow!~

Morning!
-----------
Are you drinking enough water?

Challenge:
Drink a glass of water when you read this!

Tip:
Did you know that the body/brain can confuse thirst for hunger? Next time you feel like snacking, try drinking 8 oz of water and see if it makes the hunger go away. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
-----------
I'm gonna go get some cardio in! How about you people? Have you done your cardio for today yet?

well i think i'm off to a good start. starting saturday i cut out soda, added green tea, much more water ( i'm having to pee every ten minutes it seems like but thats good...flush away those toxins!)

i also added lots of veggies and am reading labels keeping calories, fat, sugar and sodium down.Also making sure my carbs are high fiber whole grains. i'm also popping in my headphones and dancing around while i clean house,lol.

oh and I stopped buying a ton of stuff at the store, forcing me to shop more often( ie walking) and less temptation around

but the main thing is I FEEL BETTER already!!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  well i think i'm off to a good start. starting saturday i cut out soda, added green tea, much more water ( i'm having to pee every ten minutes it seems like but thats good...flush away those toxins!)

i also added lots of veggies and am reading labels keeping calories, fat, sugar and sodium down.Also making sure my carbs are high fiber whole grains. i'm also popping in my headphones and dancing around while i clean house,lol.

oh and I stopped buying a ton of stuff at the store, forcing me to shop more often( ie walking) and less temptation around

but the main thing is I FEEL BETTER already!!

That's a great start!

And every little dance step counts! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Proud of you, keep it going! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alright-

Challenge time!

25 squats (no weights needed)! You can do it!

Don't know how? Here:
1. Do 5 to 10 minutes of warm up before you start squatting.

2. Stand straight with knees relaxed, feet hip-width apart and toes slightly turned out. Fold your hands in a prayer-like position and inhale.

3. Bend your knees, tilt your hips back and slowly lower your behind, like you're going to sit in a chair. Extend your arms to help maintain balance. Hold your breath and keep your back straight and upper body muscles in a tight contraction, so all the work is done by your legs.

4. Aim to squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Don't let your behind drop below your knees or your knees go in front of your toes.

5. Lift up slowly from the squat by pushing with your heels and using only the strength of your legs. Stay in control by keeping abdominal muscles tight and your back straight. Exhale as you rise.

6. Once you complete your sets, gently stretch your hamstrings and quadriceps. To get full benefits, spend 30 seconds on each stretch.

Go Go Go!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How's everyone feeling today, huh?

Latest posts

Back