slinka

Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Hello all...last time I posted I was in the process of moving and finding out I was pregnant. Well, I'm about to be in the process of another move but I'll be 5 weeks postpartum Monday. As soon as we've moved to the new state (military LOVES moving us all over) and have had my postpartum checkup and am cleared to resume exercise I'll be working on shedding the last few lbs of baby weight and a few pounds I'd wanted to lose before I got pregnant.

I was 140 pre-pregnancy, gained 27 lbs, and I'm stalled out at 147 right now. If I can't get below the 140 I don't really mind. I'd love to tone my abs back up, however. So if anyone has great post baby workouts for toning and shedding pounds feel free to let me know!

• Like 1

Hello all...last time I posted I was in the process of moving and finding out I was pregnant. Well, I'm about to be in the process of another move but I'll be 5 weeks postpartum Monday. As soon as we've moved to the new state (military LOVES moving us all over) and have had my postpartum checkup and am cleared to resume exercise I'll be working on shedding the last few lbs of baby weight and a few pounds I'd wanted to lose before I got pregnant.

I was 140 pre-pregnancy, gained 27 lbs, and I'm stalled out at 147 right now. If I can't get below the 140 I don't really mind. I'd love to tone my abs back up, however. So if anyone has great post baby workouts for toning and shedding pounds feel free to let me know!

If you find any good postpartum workouts I would love to try them!  I am 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and also waiting to get cleared for exercise.  Right now I am trying to increase my walking by going somewhere every day.  

If you find any good postpartum workouts I would love to try them! I am 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and also waiting to get cleared for exercise. Right now I am trying to increase my walking by going somewhere every day.

I've been increasing my walking as well. Since we're military and scheduled to move the day I hit 6 weeks pp I'm stuck waiting til we arrive at our new duty station to get my checkup. Can't do that until we have an address to update Tricare with and we won't rent a place without first walking through it, assessing it, and assessing the neighborhood. So did you have your baby in December or January? My sweet girl was born the 15th of December.

Our little girl came on December 23rd.  I can't imagine moving right now!  Do people on base generally help with moving?  

Our little girl came on December 23rd. I can't imagine moving right now! Do people on base generally help with moving?

Aww what a great Christmas present! Yeah, moving will suck. And well, we don't live on post. They give us extra money if we live off post. Plus base housing sucks. I can't stand duplexes or multiplexes and that's what they have the most of here. Too much like apartments. Thankfully the military pays for a moving company once for each new move.
  • Like 1

Ugh you guys I ate like 2 pumpkin bagels with cookie butter yesterday.didn't go over calories but I feel so bloated. Someone shame me lol.

How's everyone's exercising going??

Ugh you guys I ate like 2 pumpkin bagels with cookie butter yesterday.didn't go over calories but I feel so bloated. Someone shame me lol.

How's everyone's exercising going??

I was going to shame you, as per request, but now I just want a pumpkin bagel, lol.   :P

I went on a 30 minute walk today which is the longest I've done since baby.  Only 7 more days until I am cleared for more exercise!  

• Like 2

I was going to shame you, as per request, but now I just want a pumpkin bagel, lol.   :P

I went on a 30 minute walk today which is the longest I've done since baby.  Only 7 more days until I am cleared for more exercise!  

Yeah, my reaction was less one of shame and more like yummo  :blush:

Yay walks!!

• Like 1

I had my physical today and my weight from when I was at the Dr last year (1/25/14) to today 1/21/15 was a difference of 21.21 lbs!  In other yay health related news my cholesterol went down 32 points!  My Dr said my working out and eating is what made the change and to keep up the good work!  

• Like 3

Aaand I also meant to say I went to a Barre class tonight and it totally kicked my hamstrings, glutes and abs!  Tomorrow should be interesting! :)

• Like 1

Looking for some motivation.  I got a new Fitbit in my Popsugar Musthave Fitness box & need to get my butt in gear.......any other Fitbitters out there?

Looking for some motivation.  I got a new Fitbit in my Popsugar Musthave Fitness box & need to get my butt in gear.......any other Fitbitters out there?

I'm really sorry to be jumping in but I saw this thread on the main page and had to look, and it looks like such great motivation. I have a fitbit and LOVE it! It is the best thing ever! I have the flex and it is currently broken and I feel lost without it. It is really great at motivating me to move and I get my 10,000+ steps almost every day now!

I'm really sorry to be jumping in but I saw this thread on the main page and had to look, and it looks like such great motivation. I have a fitbit and LOVE it! It is the best thing ever! I have the flex and it is currently broken and I feel lost without it. It is really great at motivating me to move and I get my 10,000+ steps almost every day now!

I hope your Fitbit gets fixed soon.  I've set a new goal for myself--for every week of 10,000 steps I'm going to get a new band for my flex.  It's freezing cold in my area right now, and I'm not a lover of the cold, so I've been making excuses.

• Like 1

I'm sad today.  Went to my postpartum appointment and I have gained 5 pounds!  (I had initially lost 20 lbs after the birth)  She said I could start light exercise but still a month before I can really work out.  My first goal will be to go on at least one walk a day and the second is to try and do some squats and weights while at home.  I could probably use the baby as a weight, she would love it.  :P

• Like 1

I ran across this free running training calender posted on facebook by Ivanka Trump. Looks great for anyone interested in running. I'm not a runner so I'll pass but just wanted to share for anyone who might be interested. They also posted strength training and stretching guides as well that are handy. I might use those.