StylingOn

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They asked my back in August to do a review. I had to go through the profile and submit my cc info, but add that it was for a review so they wouldn't charge me. I did that, but a month later, I still haven't received anything yet. I emailed them once and they said I would be getting a box in a week (which would have made it early Sept.) I saw they returned $0;10 they took out before to make sure my card was valid, so I emailed them again to see what was going on. Still have not heard back from them yet. I did not like that they made me put in my cc info if it was supposed to be free to review and the lack of response in the past month. I kind of felt like they took my info and ran. :/ 

I will let you know if I ever hear back from them! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Agona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's too bad. They looked promising. But now I'm wary!

So, they emailed me and were very apologetic with the lack of response. They said they've grown faster than expected and were just behind on everything. They also had my stylist call me today who also apologized for everything and we went through a style consultation and went over what I was looking for and what I really liked. They seemed genuine in their apology, so I guess I just need to wait and see what my first box is like!

I got my first box from them and I was pleased. It was not what I was expecting, but to be honest, I was a little all over the place with what I wanted. My stylist decided to focus on one thing which was clothes for work which I told her I really needed. The outfit was very classic and I definitely would not have picked any of it on my own, but loved how they looked on. I had a big even at my job yesterday and wore it and I got a few compliments. I really want to do a casual day outfit from them before I make a final decision! 

I am just glad they cater to plus sizes! 

Awesome! Too bad they have a waitlist right now. Thanks for the review!

I had a great experience with StylingOn, the outfit that Lidia sent was unexpected and perfect all at once. I'm impressed by the attention to detail, they really look at your profile closely and tailor it to you, in both sizing and style preferences. I was excited to see a company that sends out high end brands and really does customize.

I was about to sign up but then I realized that unlike Stitch Fix or Tog + Porter, StylingOn charges the full amount of the box and REFUNDS what you don't keep? Am I reading their website correctly? I'm not sure how I feel about that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Stitch Fix only charges a $20 deposit that goes towards your purchases, and you're only charged what you keep. Tog + Porter charges $10 for shipping and $100 deposit that also goes towards anything you purchase, but if you don't spend the $100, it is returned to you. $20 (Stitch Fix) and $100 (Tog + Porter) deposit is much different than the ~$600 is asking for--unless I am totally misreading their FAQs?

Quote: Originally Posted by Agona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was about to sign up but then I realized that unlike Stitch Fix or Tog + Porter, StylingOn charges the full amount of the box and REFUNDS what you don't keep? Am I reading their website correctly?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
frown.gif
Stitch Fix only charges a $20 deposit that goes towards your purchases, and you're only charged what you keep. Tog + Porter charges $10 for shipping and $100 deposit that also goes towards anything you purchase, but if you don't spend the $100, it is returned to you.

$20 (Stitch Fix) and $100 (Tog + Porter) deposit is much different than the ~$600 is asking for--unless I am totally misreading their FAQs?

I just went and double-checked the FAQs and they do charge for the whole box upfront. I *think* when I spoke to Lidia she said they may be changing this around, but I am not 100% sure (our conversation was back in August). That is a real drawback, especially if you don't have the cash to pay for a whole box upfront and wait to be refunded for the things you don't want. Hopefully they do change it around soon..

Amazing experience with StylingOn, I absolutely LOVED everything they sent me and my stylist paid attention to my every detail. I did have some issues with one of the top not fitting right, but I sent it back and exchanged it for another size.

Just a side note, my box was around 3K which was charged before they sent me my box. Even though they do charge the total amount before they send you a box, they are the only styling service that can cater to high budgets like mine.

I would love to see some pictures of the complete outfit! What makes up a complete outfit? 

This is completely out of my price range (I complain about Stitch Fix's prices, "$68 for a tank top?? Have they gone nuts??") but I love oogling beautiful clothes! ;-) 

I want to oogle too! Unfortunately, I think StylingOn is just way outside my budget...unless I save up for a whole year or something. Sigh.

What brands do they sell? 

I didn't see any mention on their site?

They seem to also look like they use a lot of high heels in most outfits?

Seems like a neat idea, but I haven't seen any real reviews from actual customers yet.

I think this is the same as Nadine West, except that you have to pay for this upfront. Am I correct?

oh wow 3k for one box?!?! that's what I spend on clothes in a year (and I buy a LOT of clothes!)

Latest posts

Back