Get rid of acne?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the past two months I've been breaking out really bad. I'm 16, I have combination/acne-prone skin. I get small whitehead pimples on and around my nose, middle of forehead, chin, and occasionally on the sides of my face. They just won't go away anymore, I used to only get like three pimples a month. Before, I would wash my face twice a day with Noxzema Cleansing Cream, use a toner, and that's it. I had very little acne. Now I wash my face twice a day with a regular cheap cleanser, I use a salicylic acid toner, I moisturizer with organic coconut oil. Could one of these products be the cause? I drink a lot of water, I never wear makeup, I workout 3-4x a week, I eat relatively healthy, I don't stress much.. So what am I doing wrong that's causing all this embarrassing acne? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think the best way to get rid of acne it to start a skin regime and stick to it. It is very important to keep your pores clean. Every morning and night I apply dove, unscented soap to my face and leave it on my face for about 5 minutes. I think rinse if off gently. My face is extremely sensitive and if I use any harsh products it will leave my skin very dry, flaky, and will crack in some places. 

Water is very essential because it will keep your face nourished, preserve elasticity, and healthy skin will fight against bacteria that cause acne. 

Reducing Stress is also very important because it lowers our immune system which results in a cascading effect to lowering our ability to fight off pathogens. Your body becomes more susceptible to outside invaders.

Getting enough sleep if your lucky will also believe it or not will help fight acne. When your body is not well rested your body can reduce the rat your skin cell regenerate. When your well rested you can definitely see a glow where as when your not well rested you will see those dreaded puffy circles

Moisturizing your skin is very important even if you have oily skin. When your skin is dry your body compensates by producing more oil. Crazy right. 

Removing Makeup properly. When you don't remove your makeup at night properly it will leave your pores clogged allowing for bacteria to go to work. Make sure your have a regime for makeup removal. This may be one of the main reasons for unsightly blackheads with makeup users.

If you keep all of these steps in mind I can guarantee that your skin will look alot better, blemish free.

Don't use the coconut oil!!!  It's too heavy for acne prone skin and doesn't allow your skin to breath.  Use a moisturizer that is oil free with an minimum SPF 30 that is made for oily skin.

I'm a licensed esthetician so let me see if I can help.  If you have oily skin, you want to use a gel cleanser.  It's better at removing the excess oil where as cream based cleansers are for dry skin types.

Acne happens for a number of reasons.  Hormones, clogged hair follicles, too much sun, and stress and diet as previously mentioned to name a few.  It sounds like you have grade 2 acne in your t-zone area which is common.  The key is to balance your skin.  

Drinking lots of water is a great start, and next you need to find a good cleanser to use in the morning and at night.  A professional product with active ingredients like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide will help remove the oils and dead skin clogging the hair follicles causing the closed comedones, and the benzoyl peroxide will kill the bacteria should those become red and irritated.  The salicylic acid is a chemical exfoliant and will dry the skin causing you to feel activity and experience some peeling but that's normal until your skin builds up a tolerance to it.  Usually takes 5-8 days of continuous use.  You can use a light moisturizer after you tone but make sure it's made for acne prone skin.  Look for the word "noncomedogenic" when looking for skincare products.  I can recommend products if you're on a budget.

Most importantly, protect that beautiful young skin with no less than a moisturizer with an SPF 30.  If by chance you have acne scars as a result, the SPF 30 will protect your scars from them getting darker and driving the pigment into the dermis causing permanent scarring.  

Thanks, I will take your advice. And I am on a budget, what products do you recommend?

My apologies. Received a message saying I can not advertise. (Please no personal email addresses per TOS. -magicalmom)

Taking a moment to thoroughly but gently wash your face is one of the simplest and most effective ways to prevent breakouts.

There are different types of over the counter products available in the market or you can try natural remedy for acne.

Acne and wrinkle are the part of aging proces.

I have heard about alba pineapple cleanser for acne. You can try it. I usually apply ice on acne which reduced it to some extent.

Use a good astringent. It will reduce the acne and pimples. Apply aloe Vera on your face will also improve your skin.

For me, I slice the cucumber head off and put it over the acne spot. Usually for a while it will reduces in size.

Hope it helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

If your face is oily then you should try to oil out first, then apply any cream. Keep your face for 5 minutes on vapour. You can use steamer for that. 

You should check out the 'ingredients' on the face products you use. A lot of them can be irritating on your skin.

Hi Onaa,

As per your budget i would like to suggest you to try Yllume skin care products which are very effective. Yllume skin face mask makes the skin smooth, boosts and brightens it by revealing a radiant surface. The products are purely made up of natural ingredients and are suitable for all types of skins. When you will try it, you can see the difference in your skin in just 2 weeks.

Back