Agona

Quarterly Co Nina Garcia *SPOILERS*

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Quarterly Co Nina Garcia box? It's a $100/quarter, but I am having a hard time taking the bite without any spoilers. I was curious as to how many have ended up signing up for it. Thanks!

I'm also super curious about this. But my eyes have been set for the Bill Nye The Science Guy Quarterly Co.

This is pretty easy for me to say "no" to, as most of the quarterly boxes are valued at less than the amount paid.

I'm interested in this one too. I think I'll wait and see what's in the first box though.

I ordered it! I hope it's awesome. I'm intrigued by the "exclusive jewelry item".  It would be badass if they had stuff from Project Runway winners or contestants. 

I ordered it last week and I am kind of nervous about this one. It's a hefty price for an untested box. Especially since I don't like most of the Quarterly boxes. 

I took the plunge.  Sounds like something will be "cultural" - since culture influences fashion.  That in addition to the jewelry.   read both those hints somewhere. Should be fun!  No spoilers for me on this one!

I took the plunge as well. I'm a fan of PR, so I'm excited for this box. It's a bit pricey, so hopefully it worth every penny...and more :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaia View Post

I'm debating this! i may have to wait for the first one! 

I'm somewhat ignorant on fashion (which is why a box would be a good idea for me) - can someone give me a summary (or point me to a few links) of what sort of style Nina Garcia has?

The Quarterly boxes are not going to be value boxes (their value generally falls right around what you pay) but they are great in that the items are curated really well. If Nina's style jives with mine then it would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda View Post

I'm somewhat ignorant on fashion (which is why a box would be a good idea for me) - can someone give me a summary (or point me to a few links) of what sort of style Nina Garcia has?

The Quarterly boxes are not going to be value boxes (their value generally falls right around what you pay) but they are great in that the items are curated really well. If Nina's style jives with mine then it would be worth it.

It doesn't have to be literal either - she references somewhere that culture influences fashion. So an item may have a theme of culture.

According to Liz at www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com - love her blog - the value of this box will be considerably higher than $100.... Decisions, decisions.

I'm debating this pretty hard. The Popsugar Neiman Marcus box is out for me, $250 is over my limit but I'm considering this. I love Nina Garcia's style and I am interested in a more fashion-focused sub. A spoiler would put me over the edge one way or another.

I totally agree re: spoiler. I just want one little taste of what we should expect Nina! I love her style, always effortlessly chic, but not sure if 1 piece of jewelry is enough to convince me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IffB View Post

Here is Nina's selections for Baublebar for 2012....some I love, some not so much...

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2012/11/bauble-bar-nina-garcia.html

Hmmm I do love some of the pieces, and hate others, but that's my usual feeling towards Baublebar. I pray that the jewelry included in Quarterly isn't BB haha! 

Same here !!

I'm debating this pretty hard. The Popsugar Neiman Marcus box is out for me, $250 is over my limit but I'm considering this. I love Nina Garcia's style and I am interested in a more fashion-focused sub. A spoiler would put me over the edge one way or another.