Agona

Quarterly Co Nina Garcia *SPOILERS*

I was looking for more spoilers as one does while they are waiting for their box.  There really isn't much out there but I noticed two interesting comments in the posts by quarterly. 

1) spenglish commented "Let's do it again!!!!" when quarterly announced the fall topic.  Not sure if that means we will see another spenglish item or not, or if their brand really fits with the theme.

2) cavenchocolate posted a smiley face in the comments of the pic of the lady with the loom.  Seems that this is a brand that very well could be included in the box.  Chocolate is always welcome in my book. 

• Like 2

Here are the spoilers! 

This box was likely curated for summer so it's out of place in the fall...not to the point that I'm upset about it or anything, but I would have really loved a great fall/winter box.  At the rate Nina curates we will be getting fall items next spring though, so I'm really excited for that. 

Overall this is a WAY better box than the last two, and I'm glad I stuck around.  The clutch in particular isn't like anything I have and I'm really excited to wear it as a pop or color with my typical all black work uniform or with jeans and flats for girls' night out.  I feel good about the $108 I spent on this. 

• Like 2

I love the key necklace if anyone decides they want to sell or swap it. The box overall seems like a jumble of leftover summer stuff and a few fall things. Way better than her last few boxes though!

• Like 2

I received my first Nina box yesterday and I love it!  I will use everything in it.  I will buy her next box again if the spoiler/theme are up my alley.  Good job Nina!

• Like 1

Is this box still going on? Any improvements?

I feel like the last box was MUCH better than the past two.  That said, I haven't *ACTUALLY* used anything from it other than the sunglasses, so....

I would have used the purse a ton if mine was mostly red, but I got a mostly purple one which was kind of a bummer.  I keep thinking I *should* use it but I just don't reach for it. 

Wow, I randomly resubbed the other day because I wanted Bianca Jade's latest box and then kinda impulse added this one too.  Glad I did!  I'll be really bummed if I get a color I don't love though.  Lots of potential for variation here.

Mine is coming today.  I'm a little worried about the variations, but so far it sounds like everyone has gotten black/black, black/blush, black/ivory, and ivory/nude which are all okay by me.  Love the one you got, @@JenniferV!

• Like 1

Ooh, I got black and brown!!! I feel like that is what I would get the most use out of, even though the blush is gorgeous. 

Both the bag and the tray are WAY bigger than expected, holy moly. 

Edited by lauradiniwilk

Ooh, I got black and brown!!! I feel like that is what I would get the most use out of, even though the blush is gorgeous. 

Both the bag and the tray are WAY bigger than expected, holy moly. 

Post a picture!!!

Well I resubbed, I haven't gotten this box since the ill advised travel nightmare box (06?). I'm pretty happy, I got a black on black bag which is right up my alley but I wouldn't have been mad with black/blush or black/nude either! However, please be cautious opening your breakable item, mine came shattered in a million pieces which I didn't know about until I opened the box. On my bed. At 10pm. I got a shard under my nail and a bed full of glass slivers which I've been picking out for an hour. Other than that, I'm happy although I feel like the box is missing something like a beauty item, or a small piece of jewelry or candy or something!

@@Krystyn Lowe Oh no, that sounds like a nightmare to clean up!  I'm so glad to have company back in Nina Garcia land.  That travel box was THE WORST so I totally understand taking a break. I tried but I think I resubbed before I missed any...suuuuuuuuuuuch a sucker.  The boxes seem to have made a turn for the better though. 

Here are the pics of my bag - I knew from reading other comments that reversing it would cause issues so I tried to be careful and it still caused weird...bubbles?  wrinkles?  in the bag.  But I know I'd never reach for it if I kept it on the cognac side but would bring it to work daily if it was on the black.  I love the cognac as an accent; it is very me.

Sorry these are sideways, no time to fix!

post-84574-0-52742200-1489676151_thumb.jpgpost-84574-0-39393100-1489676166_thumb.jpgpost-84574-0-55254000-1489676176_thumb.jpg

Edited by lauradiniwilk
  • Like 1

You guys, this dang Karl Lagerfield bag might be my most used subscription box item ever.  It's THE BEST work bag. 

• Like 2

You guys, this dang Karl Lagerfield bag might be my most used subscription box item ever.  It's THE BEST work bag. 

I love that bag! I wish I had gotten this box. 

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything about the Summer Box?  It's due out this month isn't it?  I thought they usually had spoilers out by now?

I haven't heard anything but when I log into my account it still says one is shipping in June.  Quarterly seems to have revamped their page and you can no longer sort the curators by ship date to get a better sense of how far off schedule they are.  Interesting that they now just push biohack, culinary, fiction, and maker boxes on the site.  Not sure where nina (and Bianca jade for that matter) fit in to their business model.  I basically just subscribe with the knowledge that I'm getting a box 2-3 random times per year, and that's fine by me.  It's so hit and miss that I don't really want it more often than that.

Edited by lauradiniwilk