"Calming" my a$$.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I exfoliated today...

But my freaking face is burning! It's been at least an hour and a half since I removed my makeup.
See...I used the generic dupe for the Neutragena (sp?) lavender calming makeup-removing wipes, since I had a long day and just wanted to take it all off fast. Immediately after, my face feels hot.
And it still does.

I've used these wipes a lot...never burned before.

I'm blaming a mixture of exfoliation and my stupidity, lol.

But ugh. Stupid sometimes-really-sensitive skin.

Mini-rant over!

Yup sometimes that happens to me, it's very annoying! I get it when using lancome blue makeup remover. smells and looks so good but burns me like hell! hope your face is fine now!

Quote: Originally Posted by 111caz111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yup sometimes that happens to me, it's very annoying! I get it when using lancome blue makeup remover. smells and looks so good but burns me like hell! hope your face is fine now!

I hate it when things mislead you with nice smells, lol. Yeah, my face is back to normal now...my eyes are a little sensitive but they have been bugging me for quite some time (I think it's allergy related...I hope that's all it is.) so I'm not gonna blame the makeup remover for that.

I usually like to use more natural methods...but you know how it is at the end of a long day! That stuff has got to get off of my face and in a hurry! =p

That's because you're using the wrong pH balanced remover. Try the pink remover. Lancôme separates their pH line of removers, toners and moisturizers like this: Blue - is for normal combination skin. Pink - is for sensitive skin. Green - is for oily skin. You need to shake toner well. Please tell me you're not using either one of their eye make-up removers as an all over remover??? As I have seen this on occasion from time-to-time.

I hate it when things mislead you with nice smells, lol. Yeah, my face is back to normal now...my eyes are a little sensitive but they have been bugging me for quite some time (I think it's allergy related...I hope that's all it is.) so I'm not gonna blame the makeup remover for that. I usually like to use more natural methods...but you know how it is at the end of a long day! That stuff has got to get off of my face and in a hurry! =p
Yeah you mentioned a couple of things in your first post, exfoliate and generic. Generic dupes are always a "use with caution" with me at least. That's why I never use them in the trailer... Imagine if this had happened to Kristin Stewart or Angelina Jolie... I'd be f**ked. Sounds like bad timing with both at the same time. At any rate glad the swelling and burning went away. This may be a bit late, if this happens again, always flush your face continuously with cool water for 15-20 minutes. Gently I might add. Also putting Visine in your eyes is an awesome relief. An allergy pill will help as a last resort if the symptoms persist after the water flushing. Thank you MSDS sheets! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> seriously though, glad you're ok. ðŸ‘

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah you mentioned a couple of things in your first post, exfoliate and generic.

Generic dupes are always a "use with caution" with me at least. That's why I never use them in the trailer... Imagine if this had happened to Kristin Stewart or Angelina Jolie... I'd be f**ked.

Sounds like bad timing with both at the same time. At any rate glad the swelling and burning went away. This may be a bit late, if this happens again, always flush your face continuously with cool water for 15-20 minutes. Gently I might add. Also putting Visine in your eyes is an awesome relief. An allergy pill will help as a last resort if the symptoms persist after the water flushing. Thank you MSDS sheets!
wink.gif
seriously though, glad you're ok. ðŸ‘

Yeah...I usually take my time with better stuff and it completely slipped my mind that I had a good exfoliation earlier in the day. I don't like to use wipes in general, but sometimes I just need that convenience (which is why I haven't invested in the nice wipes...I think I'll be investing though, lol). I totally did rinse it with cool water (My skin had a similar (tad bit worse) reaction to a paper face mask once, and I had to rinse for what seemed like forever!) and it definitely helped. My face just stayed hot for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haha oh god, I can only imagine what would happen if my situation had happened on one of those ladies from you! Yikes!

Thanks for the input! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, hope I didn't come across as being redundant, as you already had it resolved by the end of your first post. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back