Ipsy Subscriber Age Range?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I saw a post recently saying that ipsy subscribers are "all teenagers" and I was curious if that was true or not. I, myself, fall into the teenager category but I am curious about the rest of you. So, answer the poll! What are you waiting for?

What's great about Ipsy is that people from all ages can find something they like in the $10 bag. It's appealing to younger generations because of cost and older because of cost.

What's great about Ipsy is that people from all ages can find something they like in the $10 bag. It's appealing to younger generations because of cost and older because of cost.
I agree completely! As a student I can't afford to be blowing money on loads of new and interesting makeup, not knowing if I will love it or hate it. Ipsy is perfect for me!

I'm just about to be 31 (oh lordy...) and I just signed up. Mostly due to the low cost, but also the range of products I've seen in past bags. I'm new to the makeup scene and could benefit from that range.

I'm 41, and I subscribed because of the variety of things I would not otherwise think about buying at a price low enough that I could justify spending ten bucks on five things that might not work for me. (And I unsubscribed because they sent me black liquid liner, black mascara, and red lip color too many times. When you sign up for the variety, getting the same things over and over is frustrating even if the price is amazing.) ETA: One of my coworkers is also a subscriber. I'm not sure of her exact age, but she's in her 50s. For her, it's all about the value.

I'm 24. I subscribed because the pricing is very fair and you always get a good deal on the goodies. However, I'm probably going to unsubscribe after this month. Although the things I get are nice, most of it is stuff I don't really use and end up being trade fodder or giveaways.

I'm 33.  I've been wearing makeup regularly since I was about 14, but was never adventurous with colors and rarely experimented with products or techniques I wasn't already familiar with and I never went any "wilder" with my makeup than an occasional berry lip or a sheer purple eyeshadow.  I've had some professional setbacks this past year and began to watch youtube beauty videos for distraction, which caused me to jump headlong down the rabbit hole of all things beauty related.  I've tripled my makeup collection this past year and have started to be more adventurous, but have felt the need to slow down on my purchases, so doing a subscription seemed like a good way to try out new things while keeping to a budget.

I turned 29 a couple months ago and I love Ipsy. But I think I am also in the early 20's range for my "makeup age" since I just started wearing makeup more regularly and playing with looks a little over a year ago. Before that I only wore it for photoshoots and could not really apply it well on myself. Honestly, given my interactions with people here on MUT and on the FB group I kind of see Ipsy as more of a 20's and 30's, with some 40's and older as well. I never even really think about the teens, but I guess they must be a big part too.

Like others, I subscribed because Ipsy was the best price and one of the few that supposedly did makeup every month. I have reactions to products in a lot of standard skin care mainly involving chemical sunscreens and scents, so a lot of skin care is a no go for me even though I like skin care. Plus I wanted to try products that might be too expensive to buy full sizes of on a whim and products I had never heard about. So far, I have been pretty happy ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There used to be a time (which seems like only yesterday) that I was the youngest wherever I was and now........ somehow........not sure when the tables took a turn, I am now older (forty freakin' six)  than everyone else wherever I am : (    Not only that but it is sort of freaking me out that I'm so far up on the age bracket thing for voting, that there's only 2 more places above the group that I am in now....... that really makes a girl (well old woman) feel good!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There used to be a time (which seems like only yesterday) that I was the youngest wherever I was and now........ somehow........not sure when the tables took a turn, I am now older (forty freakin' six)  than everyone else wherever I am : (    Not only that but it is sort of freaking me out that I'm so far up on the age bracket thing for voting, that there's only 2 more places above the group that I am in now....... that really makes a girl (well old woman) feel good!

That really only means that you are young at heart, and your range of interests proves it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it's wonderful that you have the same hobbies as younger girls!

I am 30, almost 31, and this month will be my second bag. I have been wearing makeup since my preteen years and am very adventurous, but live in a rural area and I like that I can try a variety of products I probably wouldn't have heard of otherwise and usually are things I can get online, since not much is available near me. I love trying anything new, whether it's a new formula or consistency of something I already use or even just new colors, I'm all for it. I don't make a lot of money so I like that there are some higher end items I can try out, since I would be very reluctant to shell out a bunch of money on one new item that I don't know if I will like.

Latest posts

Back